PDA

View Full Version : Is Bellville a good place to live and raise a family?

winthebigone
01-18-2008, 11:59 PM
Looking for a great town to move to and raise my kids. Is Bellville the place?

Please give me the pro's and con's of Bellville, TX

Serious responses please!

zebrablue2
01-19-2008, 08:24 AM
I was born and raised here. My 3 kids went through school here. Very good schools and teachers. I graduated in 77 with a class of about 90 kids. Tha av. now is about 170. Bellville has really grown. Many Houston folks have moved out here to put their kids in a smaller school district. Not many jobs in Bellville for the plain and simple fact there is not much industry here. It is a very nice and clean town, so yes, it would be a great place to raise kids. Good luck.....

CHS_CG
01-19-2008, 08:59 AM
There is a guy I work with in College Station that lives in Bellville and he seems to really like it.. except driving to CS 5 days a week. He has never said anything bad about the town.

Diocletian
01-19-2008, 11:01 AM
small towns always have the feel of: everyone who lives there wants to get out and everyone who lives in a big town wants to live in a small town

so you choose your poison in my opinion

big daddy russ
01-19-2008, 12:20 PM
I've never lived there, but I've heard they have great Chinese food and that you can see Doug Supernaw roaming the town every once in a while.

ProudHornetMom
01-19-2008, 01:12 PM
My sister-in-law and family live there. I have the best nieces and nephew in the world that were Bellville raised. All are great kids. Also have several Bellville friends that are the kind of friends you always want to have. So I think it's a nice town. I'm sure it has it's problems like other small towns but all in all is good.

winthebigone
01-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
My sister-in-law and family live there. I have the best nieces and nephew in the world that were Bellville raised. All are great kids. Also have several Bellville friends that are the kind of friends you always want to have. So I think it's a nice town. I'm sure it has it's problems like other small towns but all in all is good.

How would you compare living in Caldwell to living in Bellville?

ProudHornetMom
01-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Bellville has more families that have moved into the community from elsewhere, ie Houston. so has more outside influence, both good and bad. Bellville has the "old families" but different than Caldwell and it's Czech heritage. Because of location and industry, Caldwell doesn't have many move ins which is both good and bad.

Sports related - Bellville consistently has a strong athletic program in all areas. Caldwell has had good runs and bad runs and tends to always be on the edge of being consistent champions. With our current coaching staff, that is changing and we're getting there.

Both towns have conservative family traditions. Both towns have small town drug and alcohol problems. Both towns have similiar academic success. Bellville may have more financial resources for school facilities...I'm not sure. They just completed a renovation of the high school.

Both families live in the towns by choice. Both families are move ins to the towns. Both families are associated with the school districts. All the kids have been or are active in school activities and having success and great positive experiences in school. I'm glad I live in Caldwell and that my kids are in Caldwell schools and my sister-in-law is glad her family lives in Caldwell and her kids are in Bellville schools.

To me, both communities are very similiar but I'll take Caldwell to raise my family. I'm a move in homer. ;)

buff4ever
01-21-2008, 04:18 PM
bellville sucks :D , NO JUST KIDDING, nice town, nice school district and so on. It is a small town, in my opinion that is a great starting point alone. JUST MY OPINION!

Bull19
01-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I've never lived there, but I've heard they have great Chinese food and that you can see Doug Supernaw roaming the town every once in a while.

that made my day....yes great chinese food, however the great doug supernaw no longer graces us with his prescence in the town. but clay walker regularly comes to golden pagoda for the chinese food, so if u still wanna see a country western singer in bellville their is still a chance.

rancher
01-22-2008, 11:43 AM
THE BEST MOVE I EVER MADE WAS FROM HOUSTON TO MY RANCH NEAR BELLVILLE. BOTH MY SONS WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL THERE AND IT MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE. BOTH GOT A GREAT EDUCATION AND GREW TO BE BETTER MEN THANKS TO THE TEACHERS AND COACHES AT THE SCHOOL DIST.

Johnny Utah
01-22-2008, 12:11 PM
I concur on the Chinese food, very good. Have a great friend who coaches there, married a Bellville girl. They love it and are raising their kids there. Great town and great schools with both academic and athletic success.

tortilla_man
01-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Last I heard Doug Supernaw, he was riding his bike to trial.

http://www.houstonpress.com/2007-05-10/news/doug-supernaw/

I grew up in Bellville, not to shabby of a town, Kids will complain about there being nothing to do, but it is a small town, Katy, Brenham & College Station are near by for entertainment besides the pasture parties... football season and the fair and summer music festival are only big entertainment unless you are active with in the school.

Good food, I used to work at that Chinese restaurant, do get to see a lot of different famous people, seen a few ex oilers, dr. red duke, clay walker, joe millionaire among others.

The Hill has decent food at one point in time it was superb but has gone down Hill.

You also have the best meat market I have ever been to @ the Bellville meat market.

School wise its pretty good usually didn't feel cheated on my education. Lots of school spirt and athletics are always competitive.

Bull19
01-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by tortilla_man

I grew up in Bellville, not to shabby of a town, Kids will complain about there being nothing to do, but it is a small town, Katy, Brenham & College Station are near by for entertainment besides the pasture parties... football season and the fair and summer music festival are only big entertainment unless you are active with in the school.

Good food, I used to work at that Chinese restaurant, do get to see a lot of different famous people, seen a few ex oilers, dr. red duke, clay walker, joe millionaire among others.

The Hill has decent food at one point in time it was superb but has gone down Hill.

You also have the best meat market I have ever been to @ the Bellville meat market.

School wise its pretty good usually didn't feel cheated on my education. Lots of school spirt and athletics are always competitive.

what a great article on the best country singer to ever grace the great state of texas!;)

zebrablue2
01-22-2008, 10:08 PM

The Hill is still # 1 in my books. Lots better than many of the chain accounts on the street. Is also very clean. They have not changed a thing in the last 15 years, so do not know why you say they went down hill. JYO, since their business is better than ever.

tortilla_man
01-23-2008, 12:33 AM
I still do all by burger business over at the hill when in town, not dq or sonic, in my opinion and some of my friends agreed that when the blairs owned it, it was better. Still better the any big chain and lots of mom and pops.

though that gas station next to gallileos has mighty good burgers also.

zebrablue2
01-23-2008, 08:25 AM
I still do all by burger business over at the hill when in town, not dq or sonic, in my opinion and some of my friends agreed that when the blairs owned it, it was better. Still better the any big chain and lots of mom and pops.

though that gas station next to gallileos has mighty good burgers also.

gas station has changed owners. george sold to the people that own the shell on the other side of town. do not know if they will continue to do burgers. gallileos bought the left side for more parking, that will help their situation.

Bull19
01-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
gas station has changed owners. george sold to the people that own the shell on the other side of town. do not know if they will continue to do burgers. gallileos bought the left side for more parking, that will help their situation.

thats good to know. i was curious as to why it took so long to do something with that pasture to help with parking. at least george sold to some nice people. do you know if he will continue working there?

zebrablue2
01-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
thats good to know. i was curious as to why it took so long to do something with that pasture to help with parking. at least george sold to some nice people. do you know if he will continue working there?

not gonna work there. I heard he was going to work for dr. pepper as a sales rep.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
do you know if he will continue working there?

Why would he sell his place, then work for the new owner for 4.50 a hour?:thinking:

Bull19
01-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Why would he sell his place, then work for the new owner for 4.50 a hour?:thinking:

why are you always so difficult fbb?????:hand:

buff4ever
01-24-2008, 11:27 AM
People in bellville are WEIRD!!!:D jk