PDA

View Full Version : Know what I hate?

Johnny 5
01-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Going to a basketball game and not being told I was actually going to a 7 on 5 rugby game

:thinking: :doh:

3afan
01-19-2008, 06:45 AM
didnt like the officiating, huh?

SteelerCzy
01-19-2008, 08:07 AM
Unfortunately I too have witnessed this the last year or so in Basketball. I guess they need to issue the players some pads and let them get after it cause the officials in S.E. Texas allow way to much contact on the Basketball Court.

zebrablue2
01-19-2008, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by 3afan

LOL...

pirate4state
01-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Yep, been seeing the same thing at the few games I've been to this year. Last night was down right ugly. Someone is gonna get hurt if this continues.

Phil C
01-19-2008, 11:48 AM
One time I talked my boss into going to a basketball game in Odem between Sinton and Odem. The schedule said the game was that night between Sinton and Odem in Odem so we drove over there and there was no one around the gym. We thought maybe the mistake was that the game was in Sinton so we drove back to Sinton to the Sinton gym and no one around. For some reason the game was evidently cancelled but since then I take basketball schedules with a grain of salt. I showed my boss the schedule which proved I had acted in good faith and he was nice about it. But I am glad we didn't drive all the way to someplace like Cuero or Raymondville. Whew. :)

Johnny 5
01-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

lack of officiating would be more appropriate

Adidas410s
01-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
lack of officiating would be more appropriate
let me guess...you'll be the same one yelling "let 'em play" when they're calling every other hand check.

Johnny 5
01-19-2008, 03:27 PM
your guess is wrong

;)

FutureAD
01-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
One time I talked my boss into going to a basketball game in Odem between Sinton and Odem. The schedule said the game was that night between Sinton and Odem in Odem so we drove over there and there was no one around the gym. We thought maybe the mistake was that the game was in Sinton so we drove back to Sinton to the Sinton gym and no one around. For some reason the game was evidently cancelled but since then I take basketball schedules with a grain of salt. I showed my boss the schedule which proved I had acted in good faith and he was nice about it. But I am glad we didn't drive all the way to someplace like Cuero or Raymondville. Whew. :)

sinton usually plays odem at the end of district so as a warm up game to playoffs...but if we didnt make the playoffs or maybe didnt want to risk anyone getting hurt thats probably why it was cancelled...dont thin many basketball games get cancelled...

Phil C
01-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by FutureAD
sinton usually plays odem at the end of district so as a warm up game to playoffs...but if we didnt make the playoffs or maybe didnt want to risk anyone getting hurt thats probably why it was cancelled...dont thin many basketball games get cancelled...

This game was scheduled before district play in December.