PDA

View Full Version : Sealy hc/ad

gato 76
01-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Just wondering if coach mitchcell will apply.He was the runner up for the Bay City job,he wanted it bad.The job at Bay City is now open with the departure of Danny Elderman who took a job at Arlington Sam Houston.The city cats have lots of talent coming back a year or two from a possible state condender again.Who ever applies they better run a spread offense,or multiple offense lots of speed to work with,very good wr's coming back.

Old Green
01-18-2008, 08:24 PM
Elderman Left BC????????

He was doing a great job getting the program turned around.

gato 76
01-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Elderman Left BC????????

He was doing a great job getting the program turned around.

I don't understand he was doing a very good job,kids were playing hard for him.Alot of people did not like the hire for that same reason he does not stay long.Hey Old Green how are you good to hear from you again.

zebrablue2
01-18-2008, 08:51 PM
mitchcell will stay in sealy. I believe he is settled in and secure. first year in the playoffs and talent ahead. he will stay ... JMO.

Old Green
01-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by gato 76
I don't understand he was doing a very good job,kids were playing hard for him.Alot of people did not like the hire for that same reason he does not stay long.Hey Old Green how are you good to hear from you again. Doing alright. 9 months till retirement:cheerl:

How you doing?

gato 76
01-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
mitchcell will stay in sealy. I believe he is settled in and secure. first year in the playoffs and talent ahead. he will stay ... JMO.

There is nothing written in stone,he has a better chance at a state championship in bay city than in sealy.The bay city stnp i expanding so they will get more people to move in the school district along with good talent moving in.

raider red 2000
01-19-2008, 09:28 AM
from what i have heard...in the next few years there is more talent at sealy.

but you cant ever count out the kids from BC...there are always some athletes there.

eagles_victory
01-19-2008, 12:33 PM
his wife post on here maybe she can give us the inside scoop :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2

Good source from Sealy said he would go if he were to get a job at a bigger school.

FutureAD
01-19-2008, 05:35 PM
dont know if he will risk moving to soon unless he feels like it would be a better move...i dont think he would want to risk his sons high school career and success by moving to much...but idk guess only time will tell

gato 76
01-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Good source from Sealy said he would go if he were to get a job at a bigger school.

Man i thought he had the job nailed in BC.They were very impressed by him,only thing was i would guess is that he had not coached at a bigger school.Like i said very good talent coming back,8-9 starters coming back on defense,and maybe 2 on offense.The towm will grow more with the expansion at the STP plant will bring in more famlies.Can you tell me what type of offense / defense he runs at Sealy?

FutureAD
01-19-2008, 07:50 PM
Man i thought he had the job nailed in BC.They were very impressed by him,only thing was i would guess is that he had not coached at a bigger school.Like i said very good talent coming back,8-9 starters coming back on defense,and maybe 2 on offense.The towm will grow more with the expansion at the STP plant will bring in more famlies.Can you tell me what type of offense / defense he runs at Sealy?

in sinton his base Defense was a 75 package...though he runs alot of different looks to what he has to go against...he is a really good Defensive coach...he knows how to scheme against a bunch of different offenses

gato 76
01-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by FutureAD
in sinton his base Defense was a 75 package...though he runs alot of different looks to what he has to go against...he is a really good Defensive coach...he knows how to scheme against a bunch of different offenses

Kids coming back on defense good size,great speed at theLB position.As far as the offense good wr's with great speed,also at the rb position both kids run 4.4,offense line great size 6-4 225,6-2 220,6-0 235,6-2 275.6-3 270.I think with speed they have at lb 4-2-5 is a great defense for those kids.Not trying to stir any trouble in tiger land but alot of people thought he was the right pick for the job.

FutureAD
01-19-2008, 08:41 PM
against spread teams if he has a good smart and fast safety he likes to bring him closer to more like an extra linebacker...somewhat to resemble a 4-3-4

TexanFan4Life
01-19-2008, 10:04 PM

He runs a mostly a split front in Sealy. Offensively, he ran sort of a Spread Option. Not too much passing downfield, but definitely a lot of ground game.

This is news to me though. I think he'll stay in Sealy. He has tons of talent to work with over the next few years.

gato 76
01-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
He runs a mostly a split front in Sealy. Offensively, he ran sort of a Spread Option. Not too much passing downfield, but definitely a lot of ground game.

This is news to me though. I think he'll stay in Sealy. He has tons of talent to work with over the next few years.

I don't know if he will,but everybody was surprised when Danny Eldeman got the job,every body thought it would be Mitchell.I was surprised he even applied for the job,but i was glad that he did.I know money going to be a big factor,hope the BC school board ready to dish out some bucks to get somebody that will stay.Somebody on here mentioned his kids are they on the football team,if so what do they play?

FutureAD
01-19-2008, 10:55 PM
I don't know if he will,but everybody was surprised when Danny Eldeman got the job,every body thought it would be Mitchell.I was surprised he even applied for the job,but i was glad that he did.I know money going to be a big factor,hope the BC school board ready to dish out some bucks to get somebody that will stay.Somebody on here mentioned his kids are they on the football team,if so what do they play?

his son is a freshman and a linebacker and i think because their stud linebacker got hurt he got the call to varsity and started his freshman year...

gato 76
01-19-2008, 11:07 PM
his son is a freshman and a linebacker and i think because their stud linebacker got hurt he got the call to varsity and started his freshman year...

His son would probally be on varsity,but i don't think he would start.They return 8 starters on defense and return all of the starting LB.All 4 lb returning have good size the 2 inside lb are about 5-11 200 4.6-4.7 speed,outside lb are 6-0 190 4.5 speed.Who knows if he a stud player he could see lots of playing time?

TexanFan4Life
01-19-2008, 11:14 PM

I'm not sure who got injured, but Cass is a monster at MLB and deserved to start as a freshman.

FutureAD
01-19-2008, 11:15 PM
His son would probally be on varsity,but i don't think he would start.They return 8 starters on defense and return all of the starting LB.All 4 lb returning have good size the 2 inside lb are about 5-11 200 4.6-4.7 speed,outside lb are 6-0 190 4.5 speed.Who knows if he a stud player he could see lots of playing time?

lol..no he did start because one of their senior linebackers got hurt before the season started and i guess he was the next best pick...