PDA

View Full Version : Tony Romo sighting in Robstown

Buccaneer
01-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Tony Romo was at Joe Cotten's BBQ in Robstown today. Tony has relatives in Robstown. No word if Jessica was with him.

Buccaneer
01-18-2008, 07:19 PM
ROBSTOWN — On his way to sign some autographs in Falfurrias, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo stopped at Joe Cotten's Barbeque Restaurant Friday for lunch.

With him was not his girlfriend Jessica Simpson. But Cowboys linebacker Bobby Carpenter was with the quarterback.

Early reports had Simpson with Romo, who will be hunting in the area over the weekend

piratebg
01-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Every freakin radio station in CC was reporting Romo and Simpson in Robstown. I almost decided to make the drive. :D

Blastoderm55
01-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Don't his grandparents live in Cotton Picker Land?

AP Panther Fan
01-18-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55

I heard that they do....one of my employees is going to Robstown to see Kevin Fowler tonight....I told her to be on the lookout.:cool: :D

formermbcouns
01-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Well, he does have lots of time on his hands I guess...thanks to the Giants lol

SintonFan_inAustin
01-18-2008, 10:06 PM
couple of pictures

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3770/tonyromocv2.jpg http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6420/tonyromo2wb3.jpg

AP Panther Fan
01-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
couple of pictures

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3770/tonyromocv2.jpg http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6420/tonyromo2wb3.jpg

lol....only us locals can appreciate Joe Cotten's...the place is nothing spectacular and the food is considered good, but I have had better. JMHO

Diocletian
01-18-2008, 10:47 PM
DAMN good BBQ, and it's all you can eat for one price, got to love that combo. I've eaten there many times and enjoyed every stay.

Millionaires just don't eat anywhere, they pick and choose the best places, and these cowboys picked this place, because it's the best by far. I only wish I could have gotten an autograph for my kid, that would have been so great.

gobbler grad
01-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Tony Romo was at Joe Cotten's BBQ in Robstown today. Tony has relatives in Robstown. No word if Jessica was with him.

he's not real busy these days...:doh:

AP Panther Fan
01-18-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
DAMN good BBQ, and it's all you can eat for one price, got to love that combo. I've eaten there many times and enjoyed every stay.

Millionaires just don't eat anywhere, they pick and choose the best places, and these cowboys picked this place, because it's the best by far.

ummm okay... you are right, it is good...just wouldn't be my first choice, regardless of my financial status. I think it might have been convenient and it does have a good reputation. I wonder if his grandparents were there... :thinking:

NastySlot
01-18-2008, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55

I thought I read in the San Antonio paper earlier this year they live in Crockett.

JT44
01-19-2008, 04:03 PM
During training camp, WOAI in SA did an interview w/ his grandparents, the grandparents said at that time they were from robstown.

Saw an AP article that his real name is
ANTONIO RAMIRO ROMO-

pirate4state
01-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Just got an update from a friend that lives out near Papalote. Tony Romo, Jason Witten, DeMarcus Ware, Patrick Crayton & Bobby Carpenter are all hunting in the area today. A few of the guys went down there to play "spot the Cowboy" :D

NastySlot
01-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by JT44
During training camp, WOAI in SA did an interview w/ his grandparents, the grandparents said at that time they were from robstown.

Saw an AP article that his real name is
ANTONIO RAMIRO ROMO-

this article was about how his grandfather came to the U.S. from Mexico....lived in SA for a while.

sinfan75
01-19-2008, 06:19 PM
I got a call that they were supposed to show up at a bar outside of Sinton last night. Don't know if it happened though.

Emerson1
01-19-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian

Millionaires just don't eat anywhere, they pick and choose the best places, and these cowboys picked this place, because it's the best by far. I only wish I could have gotten an autograph for my kid, that would have been so great.
I bet they loved 5 NFLers coming in

Diocletian
01-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Just got an update from a friend that lives out near Papalote. Tony Romo, Jason Witten, DeMarcus Ware, Patrick Crayton & Bobby Carpenter are all hunting in the area today. A few of the guys went down there to play "spot the Cowboy" :D

You wouldn't catch me sneaking up on an unexperienced hunter, especialy ones that have alot of $$$$ to cover up accidents, lol i hope the fans are ok.

Phil C
01-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
he's not real busy these days...:doh:

That is right. It may be great for the local fans and Robstown but I would rather he was in Dallas getting ready for a game with Green Bay.

District303aPastPlayer
01-21-2008, 09:18 AM
Romo was down with Bob Morris(who is my boss, owner of Bobarubas/Stingers), Blake Andrews (of Andrews Distributing, he's the son of the owner), Witten, and a few others. They all went out hunting with one of my coworkers friends husbands. The husband happens to be their hunting guide. Pretty cool lil story...

Adidas410s
01-21-2008, 11:06 AM
(on soapbox)

geez...sure am glad I don't have people following my every move on vacation. Ya know...they are people too and they just might appreciate a little bit of normalcy in their lives. I could tell you what airport bar/restaurant to find Emmitt Smith at every Friday night at DFW...but I'm not going to do it because he's not there for a public appearance. He's there hanging out before his flight to ESPN for the weekend. Sat there 3 times and talked to him this past year...never once asked for an autograph, picture, etc. Thankfully...nobody else does either.

SHOW SOME RESPECT PEOPLE!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

(off soapbox)

Jack_Daniels
01-21-2008, 11:33 AM
I agree let them be people. But IF he had had a game he would be at work.