PDA

View Full Version : Play GM for your favorite NBA team

big daddy russ
01-18-2008, 12:53 AM
Who would you trade for, and what would you give up?

Here's some help.

link (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine)

coach
01-18-2008, 01:07 AM
dirk for shaq a few years ago but now i would trade josh howard and eric dampier for amare stoudamire

eagles_victory
01-18-2008, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by coach
dirk for shaq a few years ago but now i would trade josh howard and eric dampier for amare stoudamire no way i do that deal for amare coach no way

coach
01-18-2008, 01:14 AM
y not? damp is done and having dirk and stoudamire with harris?

eagles_victory
01-18-2008, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by coach
y not? damp is done and having dirk and stoudamire with harris? Stoudamires game is too limited plus he has had knee problems. Howard is the guy who is a big scorer and great defender he is more of a complete player.

big daddy russ
01-18-2008, 02:01 AM
Although I'm a Spurs fan, I wouldn't do anything there. I'll go to my second-favorite team, the Rockets.

I'd like to see Houston pick up a forward that can run the offense out of the high post like Adelman used to do with Webber. If they could put together a Battier/Scola/draft picks (or maybe some cap relief) package that could pry Andrea Bargnani away from Toronto, that would be awesome. Don't know if Toronto is still big on him or if they're starting to get frustrated, but I think Adelman's system would completement Bargnani's skill set extremely well.

eagles_victory
01-18-2008, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Although I'm a Spurs fan, I wouldn't do anything there. I'll go to my second-favorite team, the Rockets.

I'd like to see Houston pick up a forward that can run the offense out of the high post like Adelman used to do with Webber. If they could put together a Battier/Scola/draft picks (or maybe some cap relief) package that could pry Andrea Bargnani away from Toronto, that would be awesome. Don't know if Toronto is still big on him or if they're starting to get frustrated, but I think Adelman's system would completement Bargnani's skill set extremely well. Dont see it happening you dont take a guy number 1 overall knowing there is going to be a learning curve and then deal him halfway through his second season.

Emerson1
01-18-2008, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Stoudamires game is too limited plus he has had knee problems. Howard is the guy who is a big scorer and great defender he is more of a complete player.
It wouldn't work anyways

big daddy russ
01-18-2008, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Dont see it happening you dont take a guy number 1 overall knowing there is going to be a learning curve and then deal him halfway through his second season.
Yeah. Wishful thinking, but it'd be nice.

Sweetwater Red
01-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Who would you trade for, and what would you give up?

Here's some help.

link (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine)

That link doesn't work. It won't let me trade Detroit's third
center...Cheick Samb...straight across for Tim Duncan.:confused: :D

Daddy D 11
01-18-2008, 10:02 AM
i dont like the NBA, so i trade all of my players to the Knicks (god help them) and disappear to Alaska with the loot:D

Adidas410s
01-18-2008, 10:12 AM
What does it take financially to get Shaq to Dallas??? I think it would start with Keith Van Horn's expiring contract (don't think the trade machine includes that) which is worth $15 or $16 mil. After that, you have to think they'd move Damp or Diop if possible. I can't get into the trade machine to look at the numbers breakdown. IMO, the trade is win win for all parties:

- Miami gets much needed cap relief (about $20-22 mil/year for 2 or 3 more years). It also makes their team worse, which should translate into a better draft pick (Beasley, Jordan, Arthur, or Hibbert amongst others) in 2008. Their goal should be long term help for DWade...and a top draft pick is the best way to acquire that.

- The Mavs get the low post presence that they need. This would finally free up Dirk and not force him to try to somebody he's not comfortable being.

- Shaq and Cuban have a good relationship...remember when Shaq went to Miami that Cuban was trying hard to get Shaq to Dallas. Shaq appreciated his efforts and would certainly come try and win another championship or two! :)

- Shaq is going through what might turn into a nasty divorce. A change in lifestyle and location probably wouldn't hurt him personally. It will create seperation from his life back in Miami.

- The Mavs are good enough that Shaq can truly be a part time player in Dallas...allowing him to stay fresh for the playoffs.

The only negative to this is what Cuban would have to pay to bring in Shaq. Figure that he would owe Shaq $20 mil/season. Since the Mavs are over the luxury tax number...you pay a dollar for dollar penalty for everything you are over the "soft cap." So in essence Shaq would be a $40 mil/season player. Cuban raise a portion of that through increasing ticket prices (the Mavs are just about sold out on season tickets as it is...maybe he'll turn to the always popular PSL like the NFL and MLB), corporate sponsorships, and advertising. The rest comes out of his pocket...but the $$ windfall of bringing an NBA title to Dallas will more than offset the personal expense.

Adidas410s
01-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
That link doesn't work. It won't let me trade Detroit's third
center...Cheick Samb...straight across for Tim Duncan.:confused: :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

JR2004
01-18-2008, 10:23 AM
No one is going to take the Big Malcontent. His days as a dominating force are over. It's fun watching him and South Florida's finest get their head beat in on a nightly basis. He's getting exactly what he deserves.

But hey if Dallas actually did trade for him more power to them for handing out 20 million to a guy averaging 14 and 7 who does absolutely nothing anymore on the defensive end of the floor. :)

crzyjournalist03
01-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
What does it take financially to get Shaq to Dallas??? I think it would start with Keith Van Horn's expiring contract (don't think the trade machine includes that) which is worth $15 or $16 mil. After that, you have to think they'd move Damp or Diop if possible. I can't get into the trade machine to look at the numbers breakdown. IMO, the trade is win win for all parties:

- Miami gets much needed cap relief (about $20-22 mil/year for 2 or 3 more years). It also makes their team worse, which should translate into a better draft pick (Beasley, Jordan, Arthur, or Hibbert amongst others) in 2008. Their goal should be long term help for DWade...and a top draft pick is the best way to acquire that.

- The Mavs get the low post presence that they need. This would finally free up Dirk and not force him to try to somebody he's not comfortable being.

- Shaq and Cuban have a good relationship...remember when Shaq went to Miami that Cuban was trying hard to get Shaq to Dallas. Shaq appreciated his efforts and would certainly come try and win another championship or two! :)

- Shaq is going through what might turn into a nasty divorce. A change in lifestyle and location probably wouldn't hurt him personally. It will create seperation from his life back in Miami.

- The Mavs are good enough that Shaq can truly be a part time player in Dallas...allowing him to stay fresh for the playoffs.

The only negative to this is what Cuban would have to pay to bring in Shaq. Figure that he would owe Shaq $20 mil/season. Since the Mavs are over the luxury tax number...you pay a dollar for dollar penalty for everything you are over the "soft cap." So in essence Shaq would be a $40 mil/season player. Cuban raise a portion of that through increasing ticket prices (the Mavs are just about sold out on season tickets as it is...maybe he'll turn to the always popular PSL like the NFL and MLB), corporate sponsorships, and advertising. The rest comes out of his pocket...but the $$ windfall of bringing an NBA title to Dallas will more than offset the personal expense.

you pretty much summed up my thoughts there...get Shaq in a Mavs uniform!!!

eagles_victory
01-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
No one is going to take the Big Malcontent. His days as a dominating force are over. It's fun watching him and South Florida's finest get their head beat in on a nightly basis. He's getting exactly what he deserves.

But hey if Dallas actually did trade for him more power to them for handing out 20 million to a guy averaging 14 and 7 who does absolutely nothing anymore on the defensive end of the floor. :) not too greatful about the 3 championships he led your team to are you?

Adidas410s
01-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by JR2004

But hey if Dallas actually did trade for him more power to them for handing out 20 million to a guy averaging 14 and 7 who does absolutely nothing anymore on the defensive end of the floor. :)
14 and 8 my friend!

Even better...it's 16 and 9 when he has a day to rest. :D

By comparison...we're getting 9 and 12 out of Damp/Diop...and we're paying $12 mil/year for that!

JasperDog94
01-18-2008, 12:32 PM
Tracy McGrady for Jason Kidd straight up.