PDA

View Full Version : Is Jason Garrett....

PHS Wildcats
01-17-2008, 09:03 PM
making more money now to stay at Dallas than Wade Phillips?

If so what do you do about Wade? Do you give him a raise?

I've never heard of an assistant making more than the head coach.

I think that's a slap in the face to Phillips?

Everyone is talking about Garrett being the ncoach after next yr, but what do you do if Wade wins the Super Bowl?

Adidas410s
01-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Jerry ran Jimmy out of town after winning 2 straight Super Bowls

PHS Wildcats
01-17-2008, 09:08 PM
true

eagles_victory
01-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Jerry ran Jimmy out of town after winning 2 straight Super Bowls uh oh wait until terry sees this

Buccaneer
01-17-2008, 09:13 PM
jason is not making more than wade, wade makes 3.25 million

PHS Wildcats
01-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Thanks Buc, I was just wondering

eagles_victory
01-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Thanks Buc, I was just wondering you follow Palestine hoops?

setxsports
01-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Garrett will be the next HC!

SintonFan_inAustin
01-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Its a must win the Super Bowl season for Wade next football season otherwise Jerry has his next coach in line to take over.

Txbroadcaster
01-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
uh oh wait until terry sees this

LOL..yes Jerry helped Jimmy out the door, but Jimmy wanted to be gone, and not just because of Jerry Jones..Jimmy has always said he was not thetype to stay in one play a long time, and prefered the beach

He almost was Jacksonville's first coach and that was BEFORE the problems with Jerry began

No matter what IMO Wade leaves after next year..If they win a SB he retires...If not he is fired..the ONLY way I see him staying is if they lose a close game in the NFC title game/SB and Jerry is afraid to break up the momentum

BMOC
01-18-2008, 11:05 AM
I think Wade will be around longer then what most people thnk. He has brought a different attitude to the team, and I don't think Jerry wants to screw up that chemistry.

Adidas410s
01-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by BMOC
I think Wade will be around longer then what most people thnk. He has brought a different attitude to the team, and I don't think Jerry wants to screw up that chemistry.
I think that's what worries Jerry the most. Then again, a lot of that "chemistry" is from his relationship with TO. If Garrett has just as good of a relationship with TO then I don't think Jerry is worried. That being said, next year is also TO's last year...and he'll be 35 so he doesn't have too many years left in him. I wonder what Jerry will pay him to remain a Cowboy. Add in that the new stadium opens in 2009 and JJ wants the organization in the best position possible at that time.

Txbroadcaster
01-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I think that's what worries Jerry the most. Then again, a lot of that "chemistry" is from his relationship with TO. If Garrett has just as good of a relationship with TO then I don't think Jerry is worried. That being said, next year is also TO's last year...and he'll be 35 so he doesn't have too many years left in him. I wonder what Jerry will pay him to remain a Cowboy. Add in that the new stadium opens in 2009 and JJ wants the organization in the best position possible at that time.

IMO TO's relationship to Sherman is bigger

If TO starts out hot next year I think he will be resigned...yes he is older, but he keeps himself in such amazing shape, I think as long as he has passion fro the game he can play..plus speed is not the biggest part of his game..like Jerry Rice, he has the size and ability to play longer

crzyjournalist03
01-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
IMO TO's relationship to Sherman is bigger

If TO starts out hot next year I think he will be resigned...yes he is older, but he keeps himself in such amazing shape, I think as long as he has passion fro the game he can play..plus speed is not the biggest part of his game..like Jerry Rice, he has the size and ability to play longer

I have a feeling that T.O. is wearing the last uniform of his career...after all the issues he's had elsewhere, Dallas has been like a haven to him. He's either going to retire a Cowboy, or re-sign and retire a Cowboy in several years.

Phil C
01-18-2008, 12:11 PM
The only thing is that Jerry should have let Jimmy stay around one more year if he wanted. He had a shot at being the first coach to win three straight super bowls. He deserved that shot if he wanted.

coachc45
01-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Jerry didn't fire Jimmy. Jimmy came to him pissed and they worked out a settlement. Read Jimmy's book.