01-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Cavs vs Spurs on TNT at 7 followed by Jr's boys vs the Suns at 9 or 930

Hopefully this game is more exciting then last years finals

big daddy russ
01-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

There's a good chance it will be. The Cavs still have LeBron, and it's the regular season so the Spurs don't really care.

eagles_victory
01-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Lebron has put some outstanding stat lines up this year but the Cavs are only 20-18 so they need this one

iknoweverything
01-17-2008, 07:41 PM
come make a thread when its a game that matters.

iknoweverything
01-17-2008, 07:56 PM
http://www.txreviews.com/demotivators/UT/achievement.jpg

eagles_victory
01-17-2008, 08:26 PM
i thought cheap shot bob retired?

big daddy russ
01-17-2008, 11:37 PM
i thought cheap shot bob retired?
Nope. Geritol does wonders.

The Cavs won. Now we can get back to our regularly-scheduled program.

BTW, it looks like the East has a team that is an actual competitor this year. And I'm not talking about a New Jersey team that just plows through a weak field, a Detroit team that has been broken up since it's heyday when 'Sheed was a little younger and Big Ben was still an absolute monster, or a Cavs squad that got lucky through (another) weak field and pulled a HUGE upset against the best team in the lEast. The Celts actually scare me as a Spurs fan. And Orlando's getting there.

eagles_victory
01-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Nope. Geritol does wonders.

The Cavs won. Now we can get back to our regularly-scheduled program.

BTW, it looks like the East has a team that is an actual competitor this year. And I'm not talking about a New Jersey team that just plows through a weak field, a Detroit team that has been broken up since it's heyday when 'Sheed was a little younger and Big Ben was still an absolute monster, or a Cavs squad that got lucky through (another) weak field and pulled a HUGE upset against the best team in the lEast. The Celts actually scare me as a Spurs fan. And Orlando's getting there. When you got Lebron you always have a chance in the East. Boston has 3 guys who have never won anything they still have a lot to prove.

big daddy russ
01-18-2008, 12:10 AM
When you got Lebron you always have a chance in the East. Boston has 3 guys who have never won anything they still have a lot to prove.
Man, the Cavs are so far away from a title it's not even funny. I thought that last year and still think it. Jordan had one of the top 50 players of all time helping him out, and Jordan's game was light years ahead of LeBron's. Chamberlain ("The most unstoppable force in NBA history.") had Billy Cunningham, Chet Walker, and Hal Greer on the 76ers and Elgin Baylor and Jerry West on the Lakers. Bill Russell had Bob Cousy early on, and John Havlicek, Tom Heinsohn, and Sam Jones later.

LeBron's not on their level yet, and his biggest help is Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

LeBron's never won anything, either. Only the Pistons and the Heat have. But Dwayne Wade's going nowhere without Shaq and the Pistons (still the best team in the lEast until KG came to Boston) are past their prime. Meanwhile, the Celts have the one thing that drives NBA teams to championships: legitimate superstars.

I said before the season started that Boston was the only lEastern team with a legit shot to win it, but I lied. Orlando, if they continue to get better, is going to be tough in six months. Right now there's a sizeable gap between those two and everyone else.

eagles_victory
01-18-2008, 01:09 AM
Dont see how Orlando is a title contender and Cleveland isnt. 1.) Cleveland has been to the finals Orlando hasnt even been to the second round with there current crop of players.2.) Orlando has an 8-8 road record if you cant constantly win at home its going to be hard to be a threat in this league. 3.) Dewight Howard is a good young player but he is not the superstar yet that Lebron is.

IMO Lebron is a much better player this year then he was last year.He has added a better jumpshot if you put that with his driving ability he is virtually impossible to stop. Plus his defense has gotten way better. He is a player that can carry his team against almost anyone. You cant deny his 30 7 and 7 averages and this is 7 assist with a team who has no other go to go. Not saying Cleveland is going to win the east just saying how is Orlando a contender if there not.

Lebron has won more then KG, Allen, or Pierce. I dont think KG has been out of the first round except for one year when they lost in the western finals. To my knowledge Allen and Pierce have yet to play in a conference finals. Boston is racking a good record up yes but against who the weaker teams of the East they have still yet to take on San Antonio, Dallas and Phoenix. While Cleveland now his wins at SA and at Dallas. Not saying Cleveland is better just not sold on Boston.

coach
01-18-2008, 01:11 AM
Man, the Cavs are so far away from a title it's not even funny. I thought that last year and still think it. Jordan had one of the top 50 players of all time helping him out, and Jordan's game was light years ahead of LeBron's. Chamberlain ("The most unstoppable force in NBA history.") had Billy Cunningham, Chet Walker, and Hal Greer on the 76ers and Elgin Baylor and Jerry West on the Lakers. Bill Russell had Bob Cousy early on, and John Havlicek, Tom Heinsohn, and Sam Jones later.

LeBron's not on their level yet, and his biggest help is Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

LeBron's never won anything, either. Only the Pistons and the Heat have. But Dwayne Wade's going nowhere without Shaq and the Pistons (still the best team in the lEast until KG came to Boston) are past their prime. Meanwhile, the Celts have the one thing that drives NBA teams to championships: legitimate superstars.

I said before the season started that Boston was the only lEastern team with a legit shot to win it, but I lied. Orlando, if they continue to get better, is going to be tough in six months. Right now there's a sizeable gap between those two and everyone else.

first of all pippen is not the 50 best all time i know he is listed as that but he was nothing without mj secondly wilt was so unstoppable bc no one was as big as him if he would have played later he would not have been as dominating and how can u say the cavs were so far away from winning title lol they were in the championship?

big daddy russ
01-18-2008, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by coach
first of all pippen is not the 50 best all time i know he is listed as that but he was nothing without mj secondly wilt was so unstoppable bc no one was as big as him if he would have played later he would not have been as dominating and how can u say the cavs were so far away from winning title lol they were in the championship?
1. Pippen won 55 games without MJ and dang near took out the Knicks. If he's not top 50, I want to hear 50 guys you think are better than him. Heck, just give me 10 small forwards.

2. It wasn't just because he was so tall. He was also more athletic than just about any seven-footer before or since, not to mention 99% of the guys who were 6-6 and up back then. The only seven-footers who were ever athletic enough to be mentioned in the same breath as Wilt were David Robinson, Kareem, and Hakeem.

Enjoy. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=6ucfpGWfhDU)

3. They were humiliated in the championship. Looooooong ways from the title.

eagles_victory
01-18-2008, 01:41 AM

3. They were humiliated in the championship. Looooooong ways from the title. Way farther then Orlando who has never been out of the first round?

big daddy russ
01-18-2008, 01:53 AM
Way farther then Orlando who has never been out of the first round?
The Cavs don't have the talent to get through the West. And it's not even close. Orlando has two legit stars, a couple of great shooters on the wing, a point who is ice cold, and a sixth man whose toughness reminds me more and more of Corliss Williamson everyday.

The simple fact of the matter is that Cleveland's not much better (if at all) than last season while Orlando and Boston are light years ahead of where they were a year ago.

eagles_victory
01-18-2008, 01:59 AM
The Cavs don't have the talent to get through the West. And it's not even close. Orlando has two legit stars, a couple of great shooters on the wing, a point who is ice cold, and a sixth man whose toughness reminds me more and more of Corliss Williamson everyday.

The simple fact of the matter is that Cleveland's not much better (if at all) than last season while Orlando and Boston are light years ahead of where they were a year ago. Orlando started off hot like this last year and faded down the stretch. Jameer Nelson 11 points and 5 assist a game isnt exactly ice cold. Dwight Howard is only averaging 15 points a game you have to have your lead dog be able to go out and get you more then 15 a night when the playoffs come. Rashard Lewis is a good player but to call him a star may be a bit much. I like Hedo but he isnt anything that special. Right now Orlando is 2 games better in the standings then the Cavs you take the 0-6 stretch Cleveland had without Lebron that would most likely be flipped where the Cavs were a game or two ahead. If you cant make it out of the first round in the East it doesnt matter what you can do vs the west

big daddy russ
01-18-2008, 02:13 AM
Orlando started off hot like this last year and faded down the stretch. Jameer Nelson 11 points and 5 assist a game isnt exactly ice cold. Dwight Howard is only averaging 15 points a game you have to have your lead dog be able to go out and get you more then 15 a night when the playoffs come. Rashard Lewis is a good player but to call him a star may be a bit much. I like Hedo but he isnt anything that special. Right now Orlando is 2 games better in the standings then the Cavs you take the 0-6 stretch Cleveland had without Lebron that would most likely be flipped where the Cavs were a game or two ahead. If you cant make it out of the first round in the East it doesnt matter what you can do vs the west
1. They're still young, still figuring each other out. They're expected to be inconsistent.

2. Ice cold has nothing to do with numbers.

3. I thought he was scoring 20-something this year? May have gone down lately, I haven't checked. It doesn't matter, though. Hedo and Lewis are both in the high-teens (18-19 per game). Besides, Bill Russell only scored over 17 a game twice in his career and he was the lead dog on all those Celtics teams back when the average NBA team scored 120-130 a night.

4. I'm talking championship contenders, not just lEastern Conference contenders. Until LeBron either gets some help or learns how to do what he did against the Pistons every single night for the rest of his life, Cleveland a second-tier team at best.

eagles_victory
01-18-2008, 02:17 AM
1. They're still young, still figuring each other out. They're expected to be inconsistent.

2. Ice cold has nothing to do with numbers.

3. I thought he was scoring 20-something this year? May have gone down lately, I haven't checked. It doesn't matter, though. Hedo and Lewis are both in the high-teens (18-19 per game). Besides, Bill Russell only scored over 17 a game twice in his career and he was the lead dog on all those Celtics teams back when the average NBA team scored 120-130 a night.

4. I'm talking championship contenders, not just lEastern Conference contenders. Until LeBron either gets some help or learns how to do what he did against the Pistons every single night for the rest of his life, Cleveland a second-tier team at best. The Nba was a different game in the 60's. I remember you saying how Lebron had a good supporting cast not too long ago

big daddy russ
01-18-2008, 02:22 AM
The Nba was a different game in the 60's. I remember you saying how Lebron had a good supporting cast not too long ago
Me? You sure?

Sweetwater Red
01-18-2008, 10:11 AM

There will be a NBA finals rematch this year. Pistons vs. Spurs.
Now that the Spurs have the reputation as floppers, I expect
a different outcome.:thinking: :devil:

eagles_victory
01-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
: isnt that what they said last year. :D

Sweetwater Red
01-18-2008, 12:46 PM
isnt that what they said last year. :D

Saunders went to this stategy. I wonder what would happen
if we stopped defending LeBron for the entire fourth quarter and
make him beat us. What do you think guys? Will it work?
:doh: :(

Phil C
01-18-2008, 01:06 PM
Saunders went to this stategy. I wonder what would happen
if we stopped defending LeBron for the entire fourth quarter and
make him beat us. What do you think guys? Will it work?
:doh: :(

No our strategy was good. What we need to do if both teams reach the finals is to start hitting our wide open three point shots better. You won't get them all but it was ridiculous the number of open three point shots we missed last night.

Sweetwater Red
01-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
No our strategy was good. What we need to do if both teams reach the finals is to start hitting our wide open three point shots better. You won't get them all but it was ridiculous the number of open three point shots we missed last night.

When Lebron drove with his head down and hit Humberto in the
chest, I thought that was a charge on Lebron. The problem is
Humberto has gotten the reputation as a flopper. He's going to
actually start having to play defense to begin to get any of
those calls.:thinking:

Maroon87
01-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Now that the Spurs have the reputation as floppers, I expect
a different outcome.:thinking: :devil:

Coming from a fan of the team that invented flopping (Laimbeer and Rodman) that's pretty funny.

Sweetwater Red
01-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Coming from a fan of the team that invented flopping (Laimbeer and Rodman) that's pretty funny.

I think you're thinking of Vlade Divac? Laimbeer, Mahorn, Edwards,
Rodman, and Salley established the school of hard fouls.:thinking:

Big Papa
01-18-2008, 03:25 PM
When Lebron drove with his head down and hit Humberto in the
chest, I thought that was a charge on Lebron. The problem is
Humberto has gotten the reputation as a flopper. He's going to
actually start having to play defense to begin to get any of
those calls.:thinking:

how do you spose verajao gets all those calls then

Sweetwater Red