PDA

View Full Version : Non-district schedule/ District schedule

Runnin Panther
01-17-2008, 11:01 AM
I’m bored and would love a good football discussion, so who do you think your team will play in non-district?

I have heard that Liberty Hill has tentatively scheduled, Giddings, and Cuero and maybes are Liberty-Eylau, Abilene Wylie and Hutto. Also, heard Lake Travis and Burnet do not want to play us, but Burnet’s Superintendent might make the Head Coach schedule us anyway due to tradition.

LH has 2 or 3 possible scenarios when it comes to district play, I have no idea which way we will go.

Sweetwater Red
01-17-2008, 11:06 AM
As long as we play Snyder, Wylie, Brownwood, and Vernon I
could care less what other six teams are on the schedule.:thinking:

Hill Man
01-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
I’m bored and would love a good football discussion, so who do you think your team will play in non-district?

I have heard that Liberty Hill has tentatively scheduled, Giddings, and Cuero and maybes are Liberty-Eylau, Abilene Wylie and Hutto. Also, heard Lake Travis and Burnet do not want to play us, but Burnet’s Superintendent might make the Head Coach schedule us anyway due to tradition.

LH has 2 or 3 possible scenarios when it comes to district play, I have no idea which way we will go.

How about Wimberely? or is there a chance we will get them back in district... hate not to have them, love to beat them.

setxsports
01-17-2008, 12:16 PM
WO-S is playing 4A Nederland, 4A LC-M and 4A Bay City in Non District.

Old Tiger
01-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Hill Man
How about Wimberely? or is there a chance we will get them back in district... hate not to have them, love to beat them. I think LH will stay in region III and Burnet may join with them with a northern district.

Something like this:
Rockdale
Cameron Yoe
Liberty Hill
Burnet
Austin Johnston
Taylor

With UIL you never know what it could be though.

Hill Man
01-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I think LH will stay in region III and Burnet may join with them with a northern district.

Something like this:
Rockdale
Cameron Yoe
Liberty Hill
Burnet
Austin Johnston
Taylor

I really don't think Aus Johston is in the picture.. they could not count the kids right two years ago screwing up the district staying 4A leaving LH with only 9 games the last two seasons.. Besides, even if they did finally go down to 3A the prospect of fielding a team will tough, they only played what, 3 games this year?

Old Tiger
01-17-2008, 01:03 PM
I really don't think Aus Johston is in the picture.. they could not count the kids right two years ago screwing up the district staying 4A leaving LH with only 9 games the last two seasons.. Besides, even if they did finally go down to 3A the prospect of fielding a team will tough, they only played what, 3 games this year? Just throwing it out there because the miscounted last time and barely made the 4a cut. With the top number supposedly going up then that would drop them.

Runnin Panther
01-17-2008, 02:53 PM
How about Wimberely? or is there a chance we will get them back in district... hate not to have them, love to beat them.

I did not hear anything about Wimberley. Personally I can't imagine a season without Wimberley or Burnet. It’s possible that we could play both in District. I’m torn between wanting to stay in Region III and returning to Region IV.

Runnin Panther
01-17-2008, 02:55 PM
I really don't think Aus Johston is in the picture.. they could not count the kids right two years ago screwing up the district staying 4A leaving LH with only 9 games the last two seasons.. Besides, even if they did finally go down to 3A the prospect of fielding a team will tough, they only played what, 3 games this year?

I agree. :rolleyes:

Runnin Panther
01-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I think LH will stay in region III and Burnet may join with them with a northern district.

Something like this:
Rockdale
Cameron Yoe
Liberty Hill
Burnet
Austin Johnston
Taylor

With UIL you never know what it could be though.

Has it been verified that Burnet is dropping back down to 3A?

Gobbler Fan
01-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Is anyone positive LH and Cuero will continue the pre District game ? From What ive been told Cuero is looking to fill 4 or 5 spots in their pre District Schedule not sure which games are being replaced ... Bandera was a long drive I dont think this one will be renewed , Sinton - well they need a break after the last couple of years= not renewed , Bay City I dont believe will be played again . La Vernia I dont think will play us again .

My schedule for pre District ...

PL Calhoun
LH
Alice
Beeville
Calallen

Never going to happen but what a pre district schedule .

Runnin Panther
01-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Is anyone positive LH and Cuero will continue the pre District game ? From What ive been told Cuero is looking to fill 4 or 5 spots in their pre District Schedule not sure which games are being replaced ...Im sure the games with Sinton , Bay City , Bandera are not getting renewed after that I'm not sure .

I heard that both Head Coaches had agreed to continue playing each other, but I did not hear this from a Coach so I don’t know how reliable the info is.

The one thing I am sure of is Cuero looks to be REALLY good next year.

Gobbler Fan
01-17-2008, 03:22 PM
HAHA really good is winning State 2 years in a row :p

We should be o.k. :D

Runnin Panther
01-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
HAHA really good is winning State 2 years in a row :p

We should be o.k. :D

Right;) your just playing modest, aren’t ya’ll returning most of your starters from last year.

Your QB should one of the best in 3A next year and my son said that your offensive line was one of the best he played all last year.

LH Panther Mom
01-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
I heard that both Head Coaches had agreed to continue playing each other, but I did not hear this from a Coach so I don’t know how reliable the info is.

The best I can do is semi-confirm through the grapevine. :D

44INAROW
01-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The best I can do is semi-confirm through the grapevine. :D

same here for Cuero

a little birdy told me the following but not sure if it's "gospel" or not

Liberty Hill
Caldwell
La Vernia
and dang I can't remember the others.........
oh yea, Wimberley

Dang, I wish we'd play Calallen again, that would be a great game

Buckeyeman
01-17-2008, 06:36 PM
For Gilmer I've heard Kilgore, Jasper and Royse City mentioned.
Also read somewhere that they would not be playing Tatum unless they end up in the same district.

buff4life
01-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
same here for Cuero

a little birdy told me the following but not sure if it's "gospel" or not

Liberty Hill
Caldwell
La Vernia
and dang I can't remember the others.........
oh yea, Wimberley

Dang, I wish we'd play Calallen again, that would be a great game

ya'll are playing Caldwell? that might be a nice drive there...

44INAROW
01-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
ya'll are playing Caldwell? that might be a nice drive there...

that's what I "heard" but like I said, it's not "gospel" :p hope it's right - should be a good game

Panther One
01-17-2008, 08:11 PM
The Burnet coaches don't want to play us because they think playing a game against the slot-T is a waste of time for them and it doesn't help them prepare for district. This was never a problem while they were winning, however. Of course, if Shipley was still there, I don't expect he'd be taking this stance. We will be playing Wimberley whether it's a non-district or district game. You can always count on that one. I've also heard that Cuero is close to a sure thing. I would like to avoid L-E because it would more than likely be a neutral site game in Corsicana, which would give us only four home games in one of the next two years. I'm not sure if Wylie would be neutral site or not. Probably not. Let's just hope that if that schedule holds, we don't play Cuero and Wylie away in the same year. (I know for some people in other regions these distances aren't much, but for Cental Texas and all the teams around us, it's a lot of driving)

To Cuero: 127 miles
To Abilene: 192 miles
To Corsicana: 143 miles

If we do wind up playing said teams, it looks like we'll have one of the toughest schedules in the state again.

Liberty-Eylau: Could be a preseason top 10
Abilene Wylie: See above
Cuero: Probably preseason top 15
Wimberley: Will definitely be improved over last year
Burnet: If they drop, probably a 3A top 20
Giddings: Maybe not top 10, but at least top 20

In regards to Cuero for next season, they are losing some talented guys that will be tough to replace, especially Kaeron Johnson, Quincey Whittington, and Stephon Hargrove. Whittington and Johnson were both HM All-State on both sides of the ball.

Daddy D 11
01-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
The Burnet coaches don't want to play us because they think playing a game against the slot-T is a waste of time for them and it doesn't help them prepare for district. This was never a problem while they were winning, however. Of course, if Shipley was still there, I don't expect he'd be taking this stance. We will be playing Wimberley whether it's a non-district or district game. You can always count on that one. I've also heard that Cuero is close to a sure thing. I would like to avoid L-E because it would more than likely be a neutral site game in Corsicana, which would give us only four home games in one of the next two years. I'm not sure if Wylie would be neutral site or not. Probably not. Let's just hope that if that schedule holds, we don't play Cuero and Wylie away in the same year. (I know for some people in other regions these distances aren't much, but for Cental Texas and all the teams around us, it's a lot of driving)

To Cuero: 127 miles
To Abilene: 192 miles
To Corsicana: 143 miles

If we do wind up playing said teams, it looks like we'll have one of the toughest schedules in the state again.

Liberty-Eylau: Could be a preseason top 10
Abilene Wylie: See above
Cuero: Probably preseason top 15
Wimberley: Will definitely be improved over last year
Burnet: If they drop, probably a 3A top 20
Giddings: Maybe not top 10, but at least top 20

In regards to Cuero for next season, they are losing some talented guys that will be tough to replace, especially Kaeron Johnson, Quincey Whittington, and Stephon Hargrove. Whittington and Johnson were both HM All-State on both sides of the ball.

hutto? maybe? But then again, they have never beat us so im sure they are tired of the beatings:)