PDA

View Full Version : Tax Returns...

navscanmaster
01-17-2008, 03:05 AM
Got my primary job W2, part-time job W2, Lottery winnings W2 (lucky year) and all I am waiting on to file is the little volunteer fire W2 from the City of Navasota for the measly $478 bucks I made responding to calls last year. I already know my return is going to be quite large, yet I can't file a dang thing until that W2 comes in....:mad: :mad: :mad:

Can you feel my frustration? Better yet, can you relate?

3afan
01-17-2008, 08:06 AM
thought that if a person earned less than $600 then a W2 was not required .... :thinking:

crzyjournalist03
01-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
thought that if a person earned less than $600 then a W2 was not required .... :thinking:

I got one in the mail for the job I quit the first week of January last year...maybe that's just a company-by-company deal, but I got one that shows the $378 that I made there.

King_LeYoeNidas
01-17-2008, 11:20 AM
nothing better than listening to all the leeches of society w/ their 5 illegitimate kids brag about their $8,000 return. God I hate this time of year.

44INAROW
01-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
nothing better than listening to all the leeches of society w/ their 5 illegitimate kids brag about their $8,000 return. God I hate this time of year.
I was going to post the same thing and got a call and forgot :doh:

Ranger Mom
01-17-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

I don't think they HAVE to...but my daughter got one in for $583.80 and she wants her $34 dollars she paid in!!:p

piratebg
01-18-2008, 12:16 AM
This time of year always puts a smile on my face. :D

navscanmaster
01-18-2008, 02:38 AM
See, where I could have run into a problem is that my state job pays enough that they take out a higher tax bracket worth of taxes than say, my little part time wally-world job I had. But at the beginning of this year, I played it smart and changed both my filing statuses to "0" so they would take more out, and I had wally-world take out an additional 50 clams per check (bi-weekly). If you don't do that, IRS just sees all your income as one total figure, not as two individual jobs. That wally-world job could have cut into my return bad:mad: if I hadn't done that.

And I also despise listening to the "leeches", many of whom I have working with me, bragging "it's all about the earned income credit, baby! Girl, I'm going shopping! Gonna buy my man a new watch, and you know I'm fixin to go to to Neiman Marcus!!!"

:mad: :flaming: :twitch: :flaming: :mad:

UPanIN
01-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Funny how the politcians have convinced us that it's their money and that we should be greatful that we get a return. Mean while the government takes our money and they get to keep it all year and draw interest while we sit back and say yea I get a return.

It's your money they have.

The wise man owes the government on April 15th.

44INAROW
01-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
The wise man owes the government on April 15th.
well, based on the past 3 or 4 years - we must be extremely wise :D

Old Tiger
01-18-2008, 04:40 PM
I hope I get more than $14 like I did last year. :(

navscanmaster
01-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Don't claim any exemptions on your W-4 at work, and add a couple of bucks from each check to federal withholding. But if you do that..........

You sure won't be able to buy any nachos then:D

bigron15
01-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Got my primary job W2, part-time job W2, Lottery winnings W2 (lucky year) and all I am waiting on to file is the little volunteer fire W2 from the City of Navasota for the measly $478 bucks I made responding to calls last year. I already know my return is going to be quite large, yet I can't file a dang thing until that W2 comes in....:mad: :mad: :mad:

Can you feel my frustration? Better yet, can you relate?

i work at H & R Block this year and we get some white trash people that come in and want their money RIGHT NOW! They most definately dont live in sweetwater. we get a lot of returns from colorado city and the surrounding area

STANG RED
01-18-2008, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by navscanmaster
[B]Got my primary job W2, part-time job W2, Lottery winnings W2 (lucky year) and all I am waiting on to file is the little volunteer fire W2 from the City of Navasota for the measly $478 bucks I made responding to calls last year. I already know my return is going to be quite large, yet I can't file a dang thing until that W2 comes in....:mad: :mad: :mad:

Why did you get paid $478 from a "VOLUNTEER" fire dept. :confused: :confused: :confused:
And actually you can go ahead and file. You'll just need to file an amendment later.

navscanmaster
01-18-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
[QUOTE]Originally posted by navscanmaster
[B]Got my primary job W2, part-time job W2, Lottery winnings W2 (lucky year) and all I am waiting on to file is the little volunteer fire W2 from the City of Navasota for the measly $478 bucks I made responding to calls last year. I already know my return is going to be quite large, yet I can't file a dang thing until that W2 comes in....:mad: :mad: :mad:

Why did you get paid $478 from a "VOLUNTEER" fire dept. :confused: :confused: :confused:
And actually you can go ahead and file. You'll just need to file an amendment later.

City of Navasota pays us $5 per call we make during the year, and $2.50 per training session we attend. It is designed to reimburse us for our fuel usage from responding to calls, since we don't respond to the station on fires, only on wrecks out of the city limits. Our district extends 25 miles northern most to southern most, and 12 miles eastern most to western most, and Navasota just happens to be in the Northeastern tip of the district, so all our grassfires down south can take a toll on us pickup drivin' firefighters gas budget during hot season.

They pay the entire year's worth of runs a few weeks before Christmas, so the more calls you make, the bigger Santa you get to be:D