PDA

View Full Version : North Lamar 7 - Quinlan Ford 12 final

russ31
10-19-2002, 09:28 PM
Man that sucks. It's a shame that these two teams had to play in the swamp at Quinlan Ford. The field didn't have much of a crown. It was one of the worst messes I've ever seen. Anyway, the played the second half of the game tonight, with the first half ending last night 6-0 Quinlan Ford. Tonight QF broke one long run down into NL territory and then took it on from there. The field better suited their offensive style of running it right up the middle. NL kept trying to run outside all night and couldn't make any cuts on the field. 12-0 with 5 minutes left and NL started passing and drove right down the field for a score. 12-7. Tried the onside kick, which went out of bounds. Interesting ending with Quinlan Ford trying to run the clock out, the QB kneeled the ball down on 4th down with 1 second left, giving NL one last shot. They threw a hail mary (bad decision) that got knocked down. Anyway, a good game, and tough loss. Good luck to Quinlan Ford against Commerce and Bonham.

Old Cardinal
10-20-2002, 01:25 PM
I was not surprised to see the Quinlan Ford win over North Lamar. I think they will beat some more folks that have considered them "doormats" all year. I ranked them in a little non-DFW poll and folks jumped all over me for considering them a viable team.

<small>[ October 20, 2002, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

russ31
10-20-2002, 09:07 PM
I hate to sound like an ass, but I watched the game, and I think that under normal weather conditions it would have been a much different game. Quinlan Ford has very little team speed.