PDA

View Full Version : Giddings football next year????

old warrior
01-16-2008, 03:21 PM
How good will Giddings be next year?

trojan37
01-16-2008, 03:24 PM
It's hard to tell how they will be "Gidding" along without Brock Fitzhenry gone. The only game he didn't play this year, they lost.

buff4ever
01-16-2008, 03:59 PM
The boys will be fine w/o brock. They will be a playoff team no matter which district we wind up in. Giddings Reloads, we always have. In the past 9 years we have seen the semis twice, neither time with brock. Brock was a Large part of 2 other giddings teams in the past 9 years making it to the quarter finals and this years teams making it the the second round.

This is just a short term example of how giddings reloads, in those nine years we have been in the playoffs all but one year if my memory serves me correctly.

This years team had a lot of sophmore underclassmen and a couple of freshmen contributing on the offensive side of the ball. The defense concerns me a little missing dock at line backer and all. We are losing a lot of senior leadership this year that will be tough to fill, but that is the case every few years. But granted, it is hard to fill the leadership role of Dock, Locke, Duncan and Socha; 4 senior leaders on the defensive side of the ball.

Runnin Panther
01-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Heard Giddings and Liberty Hill have agreed to play a non-district game next year. Hope this is true; it will be loads of fun. Can anyone else confirm this?

TexanFan4Life
01-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Is Brock's little brother going to be starting QB as a freshman?

buff4life
01-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
Is Brock's little brother going to be starting QB as a freshman?

Doubt it...

I've heard lots of rumors...
some monday morning QBs say we're going to the spread, others say the freshman Bradshaw will be the QB, while others say the JV QB will be the man but who knows...the talent will be there again just a matter of how its used...

on a note if LH plays Giddings, I would probably favor LH unless they completely lost everyone which i don't think they did, so I think the Giddings team will need team to grow and mature in time for district

HippoBaseball05
01-16-2008, 05:13 PM
Who's going to be the football coach next year at Giddings?

Old Tiger
01-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Not only do they lose their leader on offense they lose the catalyst of the defense Alan Dock.

IMO they will be just average again with those two HUGE losses.

buff4life
01-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Not only do they lose their leader on offense they lose the catalyst of the defense Alan Dock.

IMO they will be just average again with those two HUGE losses.

above average...playoffs for sure in my mind

Old Tiger
01-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
above average...playoffs for sure in my mind Of course that's what I meant.

buff4life
01-16-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Of course that's what I meant.
thats what i thought...:D

Old Tiger
01-16-2008, 05:23 PM
thats what i thought...:D dbag:foul:

Runnin Panther
01-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Doubt it...

I've heard lots of rumors...
some monday morning QBs say we're going to the spread, others say the freshman Bradshaw will be the QB, while others say the JV QB will be the man but who knows...the talent will be there again just a matter of how its used...

on a note if LH plays Giddings, I would probably favor LH unless they completely lost everyone which i don't think they did, so I think the Giddings team will need team to grow and mature in time for district

LH has a lot coming back. Leadership will definitely be there. In my opinion I think we have every opportunity to be as good as we were 2 years ago. Last year we had so much depth and talent. This coming year I think we have the talent but not as much depth. Regardless it looks to be another exciting year for the Panthers.