PDA

View Full Version : bellville vs. giddings basketball

Bull19
01-16-2008, 01:41 PM
i heard their was some horrible officiating last night in the game. anybody have any details on this?

buff4life
01-16-2008, 02:25 PM
boys or girls?

buff4life
01-16-2008, 02:26 PM
also depends if bellville won or lost...

buff4ever
01-16-2008, 03:20 PM
I heard it was pretty bad too. I didn't go to the game, but I heard the connely kid got ejected. That boy acted like a fool last year on the court, so I don't find that hard to believe.

On a serious note, I did here that the officiating was horrible. Bellville was probably pretty upset losing a game by 3 points after a poorly officiated game like that.

Bull19
01-16-2008, 04:28 PM
i was referring to the boys game. i just heard the refs were bad. i didnt even know who won the game until buff4ever posted it.

buff4life
01-16-2008, 05:08 PM
i was just wondering i had no clue about either, but sometime after a close loss SOME people but definitely not ALL blame the refs for the loss at an opponents court, thats why i was asking, i no doubt believe the bad officiating if buff4ever posts it...he's a genius

HippoBaseball05
01-16-2008, 05:16 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76457

buff4life
01-16-2008, 05:17 PM
the officiating was bad for BOTH teams...

HippoBaseball05
01-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Are officials in all sports graded by each coach and submitted to TASO?

buff4life
01-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05
Are officials in all sports graded by each coach and submitted to TASO?

I'm not sure baseball coaches do, do they?

Bull19
01-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
i was just wondering i had no clue about either, but sometime after a close loss SOME people but definitely not ALL blame the refs for the loss at an opponents court, thats why i was asking, i no doubt believe the bad officiating if buff4ever posts it...he's a genius

i know what you're saying. if it were football or baseball and i posted something about refs or umps then most likely i prolly would be blaming a loss on them, but when it comes to basketball i could pretty much care less. one loss aint gunna hurt much.

buff4life
01-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
i know what you're saying. if it were football or baseball and i posted something about refs or umps then most likely i prolly would be blaming a loss on them, but when it comes to basketball i could pretty much care less. one loss aint gunna hurt much.

i wasn't saying you were saying that, i was saying maybe your source or that persons source had the opinion,

HEMOTOXIC
01-16-2008, 07:16 PM
I was shocked to hear that Giddings had beaten Bellville on the boys side.

18handicap
01-16-2008, 07:40 PM
No, we as coaches don't have a way to rate officials.

zebrablue2
01-16-2008, 10:24 PM
we are rated in football 1-5. Never have been in baseball or softball, but the coach can scratch an umpire from their game if they want to. I do not know about basketball...

XMan
01-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Was not Nunn, Prein, or Charpiot officiating???? just kidding guys.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I heard it was pretty bad too. I didn't go to the game, but I heard the connely kid got ejected. That boy acted like a fool last year on the court, so I don't find that hard to believe.

On a serious note, I did here that the officiating was horrible. Bellville was probably pretty upset losing a game by 3 points after a poorly officiated game like that.

I did go to the game, these officials were horrible, one in particullar. Connely fouled out, he was not ejected, but in the first half the one ref made him sit out, I have never heard of a ref telling a player he had to sit out? Bellville was upset with the officiating, heard the coach reported this one to the UIL.

buff4life
01-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I did go to the game, these officials were horrible, one in particullar. Connely fouled out, he was not ejected, but in the first half the one ref made him sit out, I have never heard of a ref telling a player he had to sit out? Bellville was upset with the officiating, heard the coach reported this one to the UIL.
Connely has a nice attitude to him...6'5" and 240lb attitude in a 5'10" 170 body

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I was shocked to hear that Giddings had beaten Bellville on the boys side.

We that were there were also shocked by what was happening to Bellville, the calls were not bad for both teams just Bellville, Bellville sould be 3-0. I would have to say Buff4ever would back me up on this one. And yes a official can determine the outcome of a game.