Monday - 5x5 - Squat, Incline, Power Cleans, Shrugs, and Snatch
Tuesday - 3x12 - Calf Raises, Curls, Skull Crushers, Upright Rows, Wrist Curls
Wednesday - 4x8 - Snatch Squats, Power Cleans, Shrugs, Bench
Thursday - 3x12 - Calf Raises, Curls, Seated Dips, Wrist Curls, Upright Rows
Friday - 5x5 - Front Squat, Incline, Hang Cleans, Bench, Shrugs

Gobbla2001
02-22-2004, 12:18 PM
Pretty good for weight training...

I kinda like alternating weights and running...

The sad thing is, no matter how fast they are, a lot of high school athletes don't know how to run, so run training is very important...

The only thing is that the coach has really no control over it... He can suggest all he wants, but he can't force during the summer...

Just find your best senior leader and give him the physical and mental tools to run the summer program...

Not only will your team be fit physically for the next season, but the mental fitness gained from having a team member lead his teamates through the summer helps the team to coordinate better on the field (trust and togetherness)... Just my opinion...

X21AAAPlayer
02-22-2004, 12:46 PM
Ok not just for summer but if u want a work out that helps build muscle and definition fast PM me. I've been doing it for about a month and have seen results far beyond that of my previous work outs.

Old Tiger
02-22-2004, 01:11 PM
I'm gonna be running after i do these workouts.

Bull's-eye
02-22-2004, 01:12 PM
I'm a former successful powerlifter. I reccomend picking up a Powerlifting USA magazine and follow the programs of Louie Simmons (Westside barbell club). He suggests using speed training with about 60% of your squat or bench max. Heavy duty rubber bands or chains are used to create added resistance. Three days later, there should be a max-day of special exercises. Each work-out is followed with isolated muscle training. The squat and bench are exercises that use a combination of muscles. By working each muscle of the lifts individually, you will become very strong. Don't overlook the speed training. Most people train too slow with heavy weights. If your training for football, remember to train similar to game conditions. Short full-out bursts followed by 25-30 seconds rest.

<small>[ February 22, 2004, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Bull's-eye ]</small>

Old Tiger
02-22-2004, 01:53 PM
Yea, they make us do a circuit once a week.

jason
02-22-2004, 02:05 PM
that looks like an awful lot of work...

Old Tiger
02-22-2004, 03:32 PM
You gotta get better somehow

Bull's-eye
02-22-2004, 04:14 PM
I learned the hard way, when it comes to weight training, more is not better. You need to let muscles recover at least 48-72 hours. Training sessions should be no more than a hour. Over-training will lead to poor results or even injury. The practice of lifting weights creates small micro tears in the muscle. Proper rest, recovery and nutrition are what causes the muscle to rebuild and become stronger. You might try doing upper body one day, lower body the next day, followed by a day of rest. Running should be done as a separate work-out. I recomend more sprinting, intervals and full-speed shorter runs. This will make you more explosive. Long jogs are only good for running longer. Noticed how sprinters are more muscular than distance runners? They are training their fast twitch muscles. These are the muscles that supply explosiveness and strength.

<small>[ February 22, 2004, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Bull's-eye ]</small>

X21AAAPlayer
02-22-2004, 04:29 PM
Something a lot of guys do where I work out at is to seperate each muscle group in to its own day. Chest on one day, back the next, legs, shoulders, arms then a day of rest is optional. Repeat the cycle. I dont see any problem in staying more than an hour at the gym. I've only seen good results since I've been lifting. It's hard to actually work up a sweat and a good workout in under an hour.

LG05
02-22-2004, 05:51 PM
You've never been to a summer work out until you have been to a La Grange summer work out.

LG05
02-22-2004, 05:53 PM
Pulling tires is also a great work out to do.

PPHSfan
02-22-2004, 05:56 PM
LG05:
You've never been to a summer work out until you have been to a La Grange summer work out.While I am sure that La Grange has an excellent summer work-out, I assure you they do not hold the monopoly on them. There are many good programs out there.

X21AAAPlayer
02-23-2004, 12:23 AM
Here's something that's always fun. Strap on some ankle weights and run bleacher laps:)

District303aPastPlayer
02-23-2004, 12:35 AM
X21AAAPlayer:
Here's something that's always fun. Strap on some ankle weights and run bleacher laps:)The Ironman Mile

<small>[ February 22, 2004, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: District303aPastPlayer ]</small>

Keith7
02-23-2004, 12:54 AM
Bull's-eye:
Short full-out bursts followed by 25-30 seconds rest.thats one of Gainesville's favorite offseason work outs..

olddawggreen
02-23-2004, 05:43 PM
old Tiger, I dont know what kind of a work out program your guys at Rockdale have been under, but with your new coach, I would be willing to bet that weight training is about to become very important, if its not already.