PDA

View Full Version : Castleberry VS. Everman

chswr7
10-08-2002, 10:50 PM
Who do Yall think will win??

I am going to take the FIGHTING LIONS of Castleberry. They have a good offense and a great defense and they are going to have a great chance at beating Everman so I think it is goin to be an upset.

bleedgreen
10-09-2002, 05:29 AM
A great big HOWDY and WELCOME to the board. This is where the deer and the antelope play (and where high school arm chair coaches decide who wins or loses)and there is no discouragin' words. Your opinion counts and whatever's on your mind, let 'er rip (so long as it's about 3A football....no religion, politics, spittin', cursin' or name callin' please). It's time to go to work so here's the short version: I support Kennedale and have seen both Everman and Castleberry. Since Everman has recently been ranked #1 in the state, (and from what I saw that ranking was justified) I would say that Everman will win against the Lions no questions asked. Bye

Matthew328
10-09-2002, 08:05 AM
If Castleberry beats Everman then Everman is in a lot more trouble than I thought...but I doubt if it will happen...Everman has made adjustments on defense and I think they will keep getting better as some of the young guys on D continue to improve...and they have been stout on offense all year..

J817ason
10-09-2002, 09:11 AM
I don't see how Castleberry is going to slow Everman down...no one has yet this season...they have too many weapons...I think they may move the ball some but with Everman totally switching defenses they are going to give the Lions some different looks...Everman by 37 is my pick..I think they are on a mission after the Kennedale loss..

nigelmer
10-09-2002, 09:28 AM
Everman by as much as they want....just my opinion

this is the way we ball
10-09-2002, 11:19 AM
Kennedale put up 35 before half-time against Castleberry....The score could have been ridiculous.. Everman can score as many times as they want to and depending on how good their 3rd stringers are will determine how many points Castleberry scores.. I don't mean to bash Castleberry, but this is not their year..

Everman by 55. :cool:

bulldawg89
10-09-2002, 03:43 PM
THIS WIN WILL GO T WHOEVER WANTS IT THE MOST.....Everman, who was ranked #1, as we all know lost. That is not to say they will lose again, but its not to say they will WIN either. I have seen great teams lose before, and as we know, Everman is a great team, and i look forward to playing them in the play-offs...
GO BURNET BULLDAWGS!!!!

DEChildress17
10-10-2002, 01:15 PM
I think that Castleberry if they play tough enough can play with Everman but they have to be able to play a whole game. They beat Kennedale in the second half but it was too late cuz they were already down 35-0 at the half. But if they can put up one solid game of football they have a real shot.

DEChildress17
10-10-2002, 01:17 PM
Also the Castleberry Junior class defeated Everman's Junior Class 2 years ago at the Freshman level so these guys can be beat.

everman_guy
10-10-2002, 01:40 PM
I know several freshman played with the JV 2 years ago when Castleberry's freshman beat Everman's. One was even good enough to play varsity that week. Plus, Everman's senior and sophomore classes are extremely strong. This makes up for any weakness that class may have.

DEChildress17
10-10-2002, 01:49 PM
Nah i don't think there was any freshman playing JV...The Junior class at Castleberry is strong and we were strong when we were freshman thats why we were District Champs.

this is the way we ball
10-10-2002, 02:13 PM
DE Childress it's too bad you don't know what you are talking about... Castleberry didn't beat Kennedale the second half. Kennedale had every kid in the game that hasn't played all year and most of them were moved up from the J.V.
"Castleberry beat Kennedale the second half, but it was too late" I still can't believe you said that.. Comments like that are why people beat teams 70-0, so their is no doubt.

I hate to be the one to let you in on the secret, but Everman doesn't like to call off the "dawgs" and this game is going to get ugly.

I originally had Everman by 55, but I'm going to raise it to 65 because of your latest statement.

God bless, and may the force be with you.

everman_guy
10-10-2002, 02:18 PM
Yes there were several freshman playing JV in week 10 of 2000. Most of the key juniors in fact, because most of the key sophomores played with varisty that week. For example, Benton started at QB, Miller and Jennings were the RB's for varisty that week. It had a trickle down effect all the way to freshman. Same will happen this week when Everman plays Castleberry.

evebulldog01
10-10-2002, 07:40 PM
Hey childress did you happen to go to Evrman or know anyone on that team. If not then don't assume you know more about our team then the Everman fans do. In regards to the Castleberry game I think this is going to be a very interresting game since it will be the first time Everman and Castleberry have met where it actually had some relevance. In the previous two meetings the Bulldogs played there starters for only one half. As always is the case with this game I suspect Castleberry's players will come out ready to play for the full 60 minutes. I'm not going to make a prediction but will resent the following numbers. 2000 Everman 28- Castleberry 0 with our so called weak JV team scoring three touchdowns. 2001 Everman 52- Castleberry 14 with our so called weak second string (This years Jr's and Sr's) being accused of running up the score. (Like I said our staters where out by the first half so if you can't stop our second and third string and part of our JV thats your problem.) As for this year a common opponent would be Kennedale with the following #'s Kennedale 42 - Everman 33 Kennedale 48 - Castleberry 14. Oh by the way Everman played the worst game I have seen them play in the past four years aginst Kennedale on the defensive side of the ball and from what I understand Kennedale played there second third and Jv during the second half. I gurante you Everman had no such gift from Kennedale.

bulldog65
10-10-2002, 08:02 PM
This one could be ugly, Everman is on a mission now.

Matthew328
10-10-2002, 10:51 PM
I am in shock that anyone from Castleberry would be on here talking noise..LOL This is a VERY motivated Everman team now...the loss to Kennedale opened their eyes some and I look for em to play some good football...this one could get ugly.

DEChildress17
10-10-2002, 11:27 PM
Why are you shocked that anyone from Castleberry would be "talking noise". If you were as big of underdog as we are you got to have some belief. You can't go out there thinkin you've already lost cuz then your already beat. I know we're not the #1 ranked team in the state but i honestly believe that if we can put together a solid game it could be close..........And as far as Kennedale putting in their backups early....they didnt put their backups in til there final drive whenever they were taking a knee....I know cuz i went against #84 the entire game and all of a sudden on the last 5 or 6 plays he wasnt out there.

chswr7
10-10-2002, 11:42 PM
Yeah IT IS GOING TO BE AN UPSET!!!!!! I dont think that Everman took out there starters late in the game because everything shows like film that all the starters were in there from the first play to the last play. Im just saying that Everman better come out ready to play because CASTLEBERRY IS coming to play some football at Evermans field. Everyone go out there and watch it becuase it is going to be a GREAT game. The DAWGS are nothing for us LIONS!

cts76325i
10-11-2002, 08:56 AM
ok everybody i play for chs and if chswr7 ever says another word i will kill him. he doesn't play and he is just plain stupid... i am not gonna talk noise here simply because everman has always been good guys.. they are classy...unlike kennedale who is a bunch of P*ssies..especially number 10 & 30( this is number 76)...anywho... i have seen castleberry teams play good 1st halfs of football against everman 2 years in a row 2 years ago 6-0 and last year 14-6... they are a great team... and i like playin them... i am not gonna be dumb and guarantee an upset but i will guarantee a good game...see you at the 50

DEChildress17
10-11-2002, 09:05 AM
I'm from Castleberry too and i'm not tryin to talk noise about Everman or anything, cuz i got ALL the respect in the world for ya'll. I went all the way down to College Station last year to see ya'll play in the State Championship. I think ya'll are a great team...I do think that if we can go out and shut ya'll down in some areas and play like we can that we will put up a fight and we wont go down easily.

this is the way we ball
10-11-2002, 10:29 AM
this message is for cts76325i... You sounded so classy at the first part of your response and then you started to insult two players from Kennedale, it almost sounded as if you were actually a tough guy... It's too bad that you are tough now that the game is over.. You weren't so tough on the field last week. You are number 76??? I don't even remember you.. Are you sure you were in the game??? That's right you were on the kickoff return.. You were on the field a lot :p

Good luck to you tonight against Everman. I'm sure you will be on the field all night.
(Go Kick-off return!)

There ya'll go again.. I started at 55 then I had to change it to 65, NOW I have to change the point spread to 70. :D

evebulldog01
10-11-2002, 11:18 AM
Hey this is the way we ball leave the Kid alone. Look Kennedale has had its fun he stated his opinion what do you want the entire world to stand up and scream Kennedale is the best football team of all time. You have a great team period. You deserve to be happy about them, but there is no reason to rub salt in wounds, Not just in Catslebery's fans but also Everman's. as a filmer I get emotional its what my dad says will me make a good coach someday and I can't argue with that considering he was a coaach his brother is a coach for PennState and His Father was a cach at OhioState and Oberlin college. But I ask you what mesage would you receive from this sittuation. As we were walking out of the press box in Kennedale a couple of your fans were talking and the one guy asked why did Everman call a time out with 22 seconds left in the game. The other one said becuase they have no class and a third said becuase Everman has the abiltiy to score in one play they have done it before and they can do it again. From what I understand we called the time out so our coach could give the guys a message of to keep their heads up. Now did we try to start any fights with your guys after we lost no. I can understand how someone might interpret us as having no class if we acted like the fans from Ennis but to call a time out to tellour guys to keep their heads up. Believe it or not for some of our guys they had to be reminded how to cope with a loss for some of them that was the first loss they had had since they were freshmen. Can't argue with these numbers Freshmen record still a little uncertain of but was better than 500 I think it was 9-1 Sophmores 10-0 on JV Juniors 15-0 Varsity Seniors 4-1 Varsity. not to bad of a record if you ask me. By the way i have never once been accused of having no class till that night and I have been associated with Everman ISD all of my life 20 as the sonof two of there employs and six as a student my self.

this is the way we ball
10-11-2002, 11:29 AM
This message goes to Evebulldog01...What are you talking about??? I never said anything about Everman not having any class.. This long story you just told about a timeout at the end of the game has nothing to do with my response.. cts76325i simply stated that our kids had no class and that two in particular were p*ssies. If he can state his opinion then he can expect a response.. No one is asking you to scream out anything. Why are you so bitter. No one is rubbing salt in Everman's wounds. Get over it! The game is over! :D

evebulldog01
10-11-2002, 11:56 AM
Look at it from my sittuation OK. Kennedale fan(s) say Everman has no class. I heard this with my own ears ok. The castleberry kid stated that your players acted with no class. According to many of the Everman players they acted the same way towards us. I guess no one but me can see the irony in this one Everman has no class yet form what I have seen and been told its the other way around.

evebulldog01
10-11-2002, 11:59 AM
I'm not claiming that you (This is the way we ball) necesarily stated we had no clas I'm stating what other people at the game that were Kennedale fans said about us whati have heard form some of our players and what I have read on this board by other teams players.

this is the way we ball
10-11-2002, 01:37 PM
Kennedale's coaches do an excellent job of disciplining their kids. If you are looking for a common denominator it's that both teams have been beaten by Kennedale. I was at the Everman game and I didn't think that either team showed any lack of "class" I'm sorry if you got your feelings hurt by some jerk in the stands, but you will learn that you can find those kinds of people everywhere you go.

My son said that Castleberry was threatening to kill some kids from Kennedale when they were trying to shake hands. I guess that's Kennedale's fault.

Think what you want.. You and the people from Castleberry, I'm proud of these young men and so is everyone else from this community. :cool:

evebulldog01
10-11-2002, 02:07 PM
If what you say is true then i owe you a big appology as well as the Kennedale players. I'm man enough to admit to when i make a mistake. I apreciate your statement on the jerks from Kennedale if I may be so bold as to quote you. Like I've said in previous posts I wish Kennadale nothing but the best in the rest of the season. ANd your right it was just a game. I can only ask for your forgivness in the fact that you know any loss hurts especially one like that where I got to see people that I had watch play and a coach that I knew celebrate because they beat there former school.

bleedgreen
10-11-2002, 04:18 PM
Since we're speaking of class, I noticed something you don't see often at a football game. The entire Everman squad assembled at one end of the field before opening kickoff and knelt in silence (praying I assume). Here are a bunch of guys who know the meaning of TEAM.

I'll say it to my football fan grave....if each player does not 100% support and sacrifice for each other, each one that doesn't will bring the others down and it will reflect on the field and the scoreboard. It's not about talent.....it's about TEAM. I'll not support the players that don't respect the coaches in authority nor respect each other. A team is only as good as the leaders and what I saw in that Everman assembly was a team on a mission....to support each other and do the best to their ability.

rholl
10-11-2002, 04:35 PM
I don't know if Evermans coach brought that pregame ritual with him but they have been doing it for awhile now.....wether it a very overmatched opponent or State Championship game. Personally I like it also!!!!!

cts76325i
10-12-2002, 06:59 AM
this is the way we ball:
Kennedale's coaches do an excellent job of disciplining their kids. If you are looking for a common denominator it's that both teams have been beaten by Kennedale. I was at the Everman game and I didn't think that either team showed any lack of "class" I'm sorry if you got your feelings hurt by some jerk in the stands, but you will learn that you can find those kinds of people everywhere you go.

My son said that Castleberry was threatening to kill some kids from Kennedale when they were trying to shake hands. I guess that's Kennedale's fault.

Think what you want.. You and the people from Castleberry, I'm proud of these young men and so is everyone else from this community. :cool: ok ok ok yea it was me who threatened number 10 and the only reason that happenedis because he is to much of a lil gurl to of hit me on the field and thought he would be a tuff guy and hit me while he is suppose to be shaking my hand... does that sound like Kennedale's coaches do an excellent job of disciplining their kids.????( oh and by the way (this is the way we ball) i do play in fact i start and i was 2nd team all district offensive tackle last year as a Jr in a district with everman and wilmer-hutchins

this is the way we ball
10-12-2002, 12:13 PM
cts76325i congratulations on last year's awards.. You must be so proud of yourself. Are you eligible to keep playing because your spelling is ridiculous. "gurl" what exactly is that? How about GIRL. It sounds like the reason number 10 hit you after the game is because he didn't want to get a penalty during the game. He wanted to fight you after the game, but you were too busy running away and getting your friends to hold you back.

I take back everything I said about Castleberry, you guys do have class...they are periods 1-7.

I'm going to end this post because this web-site was not designed for this type of discussion. Good luck in the playoffs.... NOT!

DEChildress17
10-12-2002, 01:27 PM
Alright (This is the way we ball) you are a moron. Do you go to Castleberry? Do you know #76? Cuz if you ever met him i swear to god he would kill you. He would own you. He is one of the most ruthless guys ive ever met. AND he is right. Kennedale has NO class what so ever. They are up 35 points on us and try to kick an onside. Thats just sorry. I'll give them credit they are an awesome team but there a bunch of undisciplined, trash talkers, and that will end up hurtin ya'll in the playoffs. Everman is the classiest team i've ever played against, and I guarantee that even though ya'll beat them, they are 2 times the football team Kennedale is.

DEChildress17
10-12-2002, 01:30 PM
I would like to wish Good Luck to the Everman bulldogs. Yall are an awesome team and yall are a bunch of class guys. I really like playin ya'll. i don't enjoy losing but yall are a real good team so i can understand. Good Luck in the Play offs and we'll see ya'll again next year.
#17 Castleberry

Wallflower
10-12-2002, 02:28 PM
Evebulldog01 - you say Ennis has no class? Who..., the coaches, fans or players? What a bad reputation to live with.

evebulldog01
10-12-2002, 03:14 PM
Anyone who starts a fight after a game they lost shows no class

Goob
10-13-2002, 04:58 PM
Matthew, would you please remove these guys from the board? I am really sick and tired of these 2 little children trying to talk big and bad and using offensive words. I come to this board to read interesting posts not to see punks trying to boast about how big and bad they might be.