PDA

View Full Version : Looking for suggestions and ideas...

stangGirl2007
01-16-2008, 01:01 AM
As a freshman class senator I am part of helping our class raise money. We recently had our weekly MSG meeting when it was brought to our attention that our class is yet to raise ANY funds. We have tried several ideas but other clubs have jumped on our ideas before we had a chance to make anything of it. I am really having a hard time thinking of a good fund raiser that will actually bring in a profit. Fund raisers we much easier in high school, seeing that the parents were the ones who did the purchasing.I know that college kids are usually on tight budgets so that cuts out many of the ideas we already had. We need something that would involve the students and maybe even some of the community too. If anyone has any genius ideas it would be greatly appreciated!!:D :D

coach
01-16-2008, 01:14 AM
bake sale

talent show

pie the teacher in the face- this one u sale tickets for 5 dollars and you draw names and the kids you draw gets to pie the teacher of their choice in the face..

car wash

GreenMonster
01-16-2008, 01:19 AM
Have a simple raffle. Have maybe 3 winners. Make it for a gas card. $300, $200, and $100. Sell the tickets for $5 apiece. Go to several different gasoline retailers and ask if they would sponsor your group in the way of donating all or part of the prize. It's always worth a shot. It's a tax write off for the retailers and builds good will between them and the community. $5 a pop is pretty cheap for a chance a a $300 gas card. It is easily affordable for the broke student and it has a wide enough appeal that Everyday Joe from down the street would be interested and the price isn't so high that he immediately says no. Tickets can be sold anywhere. Sporting events are usually a great place to sell tickets. Halftime at sporting events are also a great time to hold the drawing and announce the winners as well.

coach
01-16-2008, 01:25 AM
or you could always go for the wet t-shirt contest

DU_stud04
01-16-2008, 01:46 AM
oil wrestling, boxing, date auctions, clubs, stripping pays well..... , beat up rich kid and sell his Porsche.

find a big place that will allow you to have a party there, charge admission, throw in an amateurs boxing night and have the music blaring with the drinks flowing....... we made a lot of money doing that.

asking for money straight up is always fast, sometimes not as easy to get the money though.

and whats it for.... just to have? everything we've done has been for charity..... never heard of a "class" at the college level having to do this.

wildstangs
01-16-2008, 08:21 AM
Produce a "Girls of McMurry" calendar and sell it for $10. On second thought...you might want to ask ACU if you can borrow the girls for the calendar.

carter08
01-16-2008, 08:29 AM
bake sales work.

me and my friend threw a concert in brazoria, and we paid for almost everything with a bake sale.

DUKE22
01-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Produce a "Girls of McMurry" calendar and sell it for $10. On second thought...you might want to ask ACU if you can borrow the girls for the calendar. LOL now thats just wrong.

shankbear
01-16-2008, 08:55 AM
Do an auction.