PDA

View Full Version : Elite 8 Poll

pirate4state
05-24-2003, 10:47 PM
Who do you think will advance to the Final 4??

Region I:
Abilene Wylie vs. Canyon

Region II:
Daingerfield vs. Forney

Region III:
Lorena vs. Woodville

Region IV:
Sinton vs. Fal

sinfan75
05-25-2003, 06:27 AM
JMO,but it looks like a repeat of last years state tourney.If that happens the one thing that would make it an exact repeat of last year would be the semi-final match-ups.

SINTON81
05-25-2003, 07:56 AM
And the state tourney outcome. :) :)

pirate4state
05-25-2003, 09:38 AM
sinfan75:
JMO,but it looks like a repeat of last years state tourney.If that happens the one thing that would make it an exact repeat of last year would be the semi-final match-ups.Has this ever happened before? All 4 teams back. And if it has, do you think Forney will get past Lorena?? hmmmm... those would be interesting re-matches. :D BUT first things first--Fal. Any word yet on if one game or best of 3 series?? And, if you were Coach Salinas would you want 1 game or the best of 3 series??

<small>[ May 25, 2003, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: pirate4state ]</small>

wildstangs
05-25-2003, 10:36 AM
sinfan75:
JMO,but it looks like a repeat of last years state tourney.If that happens the one thing that would make it an exact repeat of last year would be the semi-final match-ups.I think Canyon will knock Wylie out this week.

VWG
05-25-2003, 11:22 AM
I like Canyon out of Region I, but Wylie keeps hangin' in there... series after series. The Bulldogs aren't an overpowering team, but defensively they play good.

Lorena is my pick to win state.

PhiI C
05-25-2003, 11:39 AM
This seems to be jumping the gun a little to me since all the teams have to get past this week to get there and there are some tough teams but it is interesting. What are the records of the 8 teams left?

District303aPastPlayer
05-25-2003, 11:56 AM
If i were the Falfurias coach , I would want it to be a One and done deal... Although, i seriously doubt that Fal could match pitching with Sinton... I will be looking at this game very closely...

pirate4state
05-25-2003, 12:05 PM
PhiI C:
This seems to be jumping the gun a little to me since all the teams have to get past this week to get there and there are some tough teams but it is interesting. What are the records of the 8 teams left?I believe these are each schools records...
Abilene Wylie 23-8
Canyon 25-7
Forney 26-3
Daingerfield 22-6
Lorena 27-0
Woodville 22-11
Sinton 28-4
Fal 25-6
If I've got it wrong, please correct it.

JRabbit_Fan
05-25-2003, 12:09 PM
sinfan75:
JMO,but it looks like a repeat of last years state tourney.If that happens the one thing that would make it an exact repeat of last year would be the semi-final match-ups.The way things stand right now it can't be a repeat because Lorena and Forney would be seeded 1,2 based on their winning percentage. But that could change if Forney loses a game in their next series.
At this point I really don't care where we are seeded because I'll be extremely happy if we get past D'Field. I saw them play yesterday and they are a very good team. Should be a great series.

sinton66
05-25-2003, 12:39 PM
pirate4state:

sinfan75:
JMO,but it looks like a repeat of last years state tourney.If that happens the one thing that would make it an exact repeat of last year would be the semi-final match-ups.Has this ever happened before? All 4 teams back. And if it has, do you think Forney will get past Lorena?? hmmmm... those would be interesting re-matches. :D BUT first things first--Fal. Any word yet on if one game or best of 3 series?? And, if you were Coach Salinas would you want 1 game or the best of 3 series??One or three for Salinas? Interesting subject. One game, you you gotta go against #2 in the state with Alaniz on the mound bringing a 51-0 career record with him. Best two of three, you gotta face him twice maybe. Tough choice. I'd take my chances with one, I think.

Chris Hart
05-25-2003, 12:46 PM
Fal has a really good ace in Gomez, that was beaten by Sinton last year. I saw an article on him, where Fal's coach said that game last year against Sinton has been his motivation since. But, I don't know anything about their rotation after him. If I was Fal, I would definately want one game, winner take all. I'm going with Sinton either way!

sinton66
05-25-2003, 09:10 PM
Top, and Pirate4State, check your pm's please.

pirate4state
05-25-2003, 09:42 PM
sinton66:
Top, and Pirate4State, check your pm's please.got it, back at you!

sinton66
05-26-2003, 10:35 AM
Wow, just checked out that new Aviators stadium in Robstown on the website, and it's a beauty!

http://www.centralleaguebaseball.com/coastalbend.html

<small>[ May 26, 2003, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Excel94
05-26-2003, 11:09 AM
I tend to agree with VWG Wylie is hard to beat defensively. They really showed what they were made of beating Monahans in extra innings. I think Wylie over Canyon. It seems if Wylie wins that first game of the series there is no stopping them.

pirate4state
05-26-2003, 10:47 PM
TTT

SintonFan
05-27-2003, 06:57 PM
Out of these four matchups, it seems like Lorena is a slam-dunk to advance! They seem to be the favorite to win state and rightfully so. With that kind of record how come they aren't nationally ranked? Or are they?!? eek!

sinton66
05-27-2003, 07:42 PM
I'm not positive , but I think they were pretty much undefeated last year going into the tourney too.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-27-2003, 09:26 PM
hmm they must be good but dont know who they played to get a good record. But i think sinton is more likely to win it, pitcher that has yet to lose and dont see how theyll beat him. 2nd pitcher that looks just as tough and won last year title game. I think its time to give these boyz the defending champs the title of the team to beat.

big daddy russ
05-27-2003, 10:20 PM
I think I'm gonna have to agree with SintonFan in Austin. While I do believe that any team can be beat on any given day, how can you argue against a guy who's 51-0 since his freshman year on varsity and a team who returned 7 out of 9 starters from a State Championship squad. It won't be easy, but I do think that Sinton has the inside track (at least talent-wise) on the Championship. Heck, their number 2 starter would be most 5A teams' ace. He's as good as Corpus Christi Moody's number one guy.

<small>[ May 27, 2003, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: big daddy russ ]</small>

pirate4state
05-27-2003, 11:11 PM
SintonFan:
Out of these four matchups, it seems like Lorena is a slam-dunk to advance! They seem to be the favorite to win state and rightfully so. With that kind of record how come they aren't nationally ranked? Or are they?!? eek! Check your PM.

sinton66
05-29-2003, 05:15 PM