PDA

View Full Version : NBA's Western Conference Standings

JR2004
01-15-2008, 05:33 PM
A familiar face back up on top of the standings. :)

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html

While it'll only last until we play Phoenix again on Thursday (And that's only due to losing Bynum for the next 8 weeks due to a fluke knee injury.), we're back. I hope the rest of the league enjoyed the last 3 or 4 years because we finally have a real center again out in LakerLand. If we can just play a game or two above .500 until Bynum comes back in March we're going to be one of the top 4 seeds. The West now has two young teams that will probably go back and forth for trips to the Finals for at least the next decade in Portland and LA once Portland gets Oden next season.

eagles_victory
01-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
A familiar face back up on top of the standings. :)

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html

While it'll only last until we play Phoenix again on Thursday (And that's only due to losing Bynum for the next 8 weeks due to a fluke knee injury.), we're back. I hope the rest of the league enjoyed the last 3 or 4 years because we finally have a real center again out in LakerLand. If we can just play a game or two above .500 until Bynum comes back in March we're going to be one of the top 4 seeds. The West now has two young teams that will probably go back and forth for trips to the Finals for at least the next decade in Portland and LA once Portland gets Oden next season. alright now dont get too carried away about the finals competiton for the next decade there are still some other really good young teams in the west besides Portland and LA

JR2004
01-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
alright now dont get too carried away about the finals competiton for the next decade there are still some other really good young teams in the west besides Portland and LA

Outside of Portland I'm not really that worried about the rest of the West long-term. Thanks to League Pass I've watched several games of the other Western contenders and long-term none worry me besides Portland. They've been a problem team for us going back to the late 80's.

Beginning in the 09-10 season it'll be Portland and LA going at it for supremacy in the Western Conference. The only big man in the West that gives Bynum problems is Duncan (He says he just isn't really sure how to defend him at all right now). Oden will as well once he gets to suit up. The only problem Oden has is he won't be able to change a game at both ends of the floor the way Bynum has shown he can.

eagles_victory
01-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Outside of Portland I'm not really that worried about the rest of the West long-term. Thanks to League Pass I've watched several games of the other Western contenders and long-term none worry me besides Portland. They've been a problem team for us going back to the late 80's.

Beginning in the 09-10 season it'll be Portland and LA going at it for supremacy in the Western Conference. The only big man in the West that gives Bynum problems is Duncan (He says he just isn't really sure how to defend him at all right now). Oden will as well once he gets to suit up. The only problem Oden has is he won't be able to change a game at both ends of the floor the way Bynum has shown he can. What about New Orleans and there will also be some teams that are up and coming with the draft

JR2004
01-15-2008, 06:10 PM
What about New Orleans and there will also be some teams that are up and coming with the draft

Beat em like a drum last week 109-80 at their place. Chandler couldn't do a thing with Bynum and we forced CP3 to become a scorer. He put up 32 of their 80, but only had 5 assists.

All the Western Conference teams with high draft picks looming on the horizon this year are pretty much a mess. One player won't get any of them over the hump and into the playoffs anytime soon.

eagles_victory
01-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Beat em like a drum last week 109-80 at their place. Chandler couldn't do a thing with Bynum and we forced CP3 to become a scorer. He put up 32 of their 80, but only had 5 assists.

All the Western Conference teams with high draft picks looming on the horizon this year are pretty much a mess. One player won't get any of them over the hump and into the playoffs anytime soon. Ill predict it now and will eat my crow if im wrong but Kobe will never win another championship. People may be getting a little to high on Bynum never saw such praise for a guy averaging 13 points a game and 10 rebounds.

JR2004
01-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Ill predict it now and will eat my crow if im wrong but Kobe will never win another championship. People may be getting a little to high on Bynum never saw such praise for a guy averaging 13 points a game and 10 rebounds.

You'll most likely be eating crow sooner rather than later. Even the Kobester himself said that with Bynum the Lakers are a championship caliber team. That's high praise for a guy that over the summer he wanted shipped out for Kidd. If you've actually consistently seen Bynum this year you'd know why he's getting the praise he's received from around the league from other players, coaches, scouts and GM's. He's the next in a long line of great Laker big men.