PDA

View Full Version : District 30-3A Might Get Changed

maroonpirate04
01-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Just saw on the 4A board that C.C. Tuloso-Midway, Robstown, and Rockport-Fulton is projected to move to Class 3A. So it now makes me wonder if they could be in the same district with Sinton they used to be our rivals in the late 70's and early 80's. If this happens it would be interesting. Could you picture this

Tuloso Midway
Robstown
Rockport
Sinton
Aransas Pass
Ingleside
West Oso
Mathis

Hmm:thinking: might be another struggling year for Sinton and perhaps Ingleside, West Oso, and Mathis would really have to fight for the top. Rockport could be the #1 team and maybe TM could finally put there playoff drought to an end. And for sure one of these 3 schools would be divison 1

What r ur thoughts on 30-3A?

sotxrat
01-15-2008, 02:29 PM
It these schools do get put in 3a, I think that between TM, Robstown and WO, two of these teams would move southwest into that district, 31-aaa along with Orange Grove, Fal, Zapata and maybe raymondville, also if the top number goes to 1050 for 3a then it may bring beeville into the mix as well, only time will tell

boudreaux
01-15-2008, 02:50 PM
If those schools do indeedy drop down, it's going to be another rough year for Sinton. Bank on it.

Daddy D 11
01-15-2008, 04:20 PM
thats a pretty big and impressive district

AP Panther Fan
01-15-2008, 04:57 PM
I hope it's just a nasty rumor...:cool:

maroonpirate04
01-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Isn't the coach from Rockport came from Bandera, if so he pretty much know about 3A competition he'll be gunning for the district title and possible able to make far in the playoffs

big daddy russ
01-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
Isn't the coach from Rockport came from Bandera, if so he pretty much know about 3A competition he'll be gunning for the district title and possible able to make far in the playoffs
He was the HC at Aransas Pass back in 2001 and 2002 and was the OC and head baseball coach at AP before that. :eek:

He's a G-P grad and tends to come back to stay in the area.

AP Panther Fan
01-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Yes, Coach Grover was a great coach. I wish him much success in Rockport (as long as he isn't playing Aransas Pass);)

I sure hope we wouldn't get THREE currently 4a schools moved down to 3a and get them in the same district. There should be rules against stuff like that!:mad:

FutureAD
01-15-2008, 07:02 PM
could prove to be tough but stranger things have happened...

SintonFan_inAustin
01-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Robstown vs Sinton for District title in Baseball? that could be interesting as we rarely get to play them.

Blastoderm55
01-15-2008, 10:05 PM
If R-F and Robstown drop, you can expect Beeville in 3A as well, though we'll probably be in district 29 with Cuero if that were to happen.

FutureAD
01-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
If R-F and Robstown drop, you can expect Beeville in 3A as well, though we'll probably be in district 29 with Cuero if that were to happen.

if that happens that should shake things up in that district as well....

piratebg
01-15-2008, 10:13 PM
These rumors fly around every reallignment. TM is always the school rumored to drop but they never do. I won't hold my breath.

FutureAD
01-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
These rumors fly around every reallignment. TM is always the school rumored to drop but they never do. I won't hold my breath.

ya rockport has been said to be going down to 3a about the last 2 re-alignments so its all just talk till the final numbers come in...

maroonpirate04
01-16-2008, 12:53 AM
If TM actually drops their chances for a spot would be good for them they always had the talent but always put in a tough district in 4A especially with their #1 threat Calallen

bandera7
01-16-2008, 01:42 AM
If Rockport came down to 3a...they would be good. I know they were hugely improved this year, and their coaching staff was my coaching staff for a while. Most of them anyway. And they are all great coaches...should they drop look for Rockport to go deep

District303aPastPlayer
01-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
If Rockport came down to 3a...they would be good. I know they were hugely improved this year, and their coaching staff was my coaching staff for a while. Most of them anyway. And they are all great coaches...should they drop look for Rockport to go deep

how did they do last year at the 4A level?

Old Green
01-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
If R-F and Robstown drop, you can expect Beeville in 3A as well, though we'll probably be in district 29 with Cuero if that were to happen. That would be a good district. Cuero and Beeville were in the same district back in the late 60's when I was in school.

S_Tex_3A_Fan
01-16-2008, 01:50 PM
TM won't drop. I see Rostown and RF dropping. If beeville does they will send them north and east with Goliad and Cuero etc.

Blastoderm55
01-16-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
how did they do last year at the 4A level?

2-8 I believe, with a winless district campaign. They did look a lot better than they did last year. Their QB will a third-year starter in 08, and he's only a junior, and has a huge target in his 6'7 tight end. They should give most 3A clubs some trouble.

maroonpirate04
01-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Rockport is no stranger to 3A they had success in the playoffs back in the early or mid 90's

Buccaneer
01-16-2008, 05:19 PM
R-F was 3-7, Robstown was 2-8 and TM was 0-10, TM has won 6 games in the last 4 years. Robstown is not much better if any.

FutureAD
01-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
R-F was 3-7, Robstown was 2-8 and TM was 0-10, TM has won 6 games in the last 4 years. Robstown is not much better if any.

ya im not sure if you can worry about robstown coming in the district for football even sinton beat them last year on a down year....but baseball is what you got to worry about...

piratebg
01-16-2008, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by FutureAD
ya im not sure if you can worry about robstown coming in the district for football even sinton beat them last year on a down year....but baseball is what you got to worry about...

True, but Robstown won the year before against a better Sinton team. They are fighters, in every sense of the word.

FutureAD
01-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
True, but Robstown won the year before against a better Sinton team. They are fighters, in every sense of the word.

against a beat up sinton...but your right they did win...

TarponFanInNorthTexas
01-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Don't be surprised if they put Robstown in District 31.

Reason why, there is a good possibility that Lyford may drop down to 2A, and IF that happens, they will most likely place Zapata in District 32 with Port Isabel, Rio Hondo, etc, which would leave open a couple of spots for District 31. Robstown is far enough south that the UIL might place them in District 31. Also, didn't the UIL say they want to try to get at least 5-6 teams per district? If they leave Orange Grove in District 30, do you think they may place Tuloso-Midway and/or CC West Oso in District 31?

However, if Lyford doesn't drop down to 2A, then District 32 is set with a 7-team district consisting of PI, RH, La Feria, Progreso, Hidalgo, Raymondville, and Lyford. This would leave Zapata in District 31.

Also, does anyone know about any of these schools if they might be moving up or down? San Diego, Bishop, Hebbronville. I know those three are "on the bubble" so to speak. Anyone know if they might be in 3A?

sotxrat
01-17-2008, 10:13 AM
[QUOTE]Also, does anyone know about any of these schools if they might be moving up or down? San Diego, Bishop, Hebbronville. I know those three are "on the bubble" so to speak. Anyone know if they might be in 3A?

I think there is a very good chance San Diego will drop to 2a and that bishop and hebbronvile will remain there as well. I really expect at least Orange Grove to move back to 31 aaa and more if robstown, rockport, and tm join us at the 3a level.

Matthew328
01-17-2008, 11:15 AM
lots of small 4A's may drop....the 3A/4A cut off is going to go up by maybe 100 students.....50-75 is a safter bet though but that would still throw the number up to 1000

TarponFanInNorthTexas
01-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by sotxrat
[QUOTE]Also, does anyone know about any of these schools if they might be moving up or down? San Diego, Bishop, Hebbronville. I know those three are "on the bubble" so to speak. Anyone know if they might be in 3A?

I think there is a very good chance San Diego will drop to 2a and that bishop and hebbronvile will remain there as well. I really expect at least Orange Grove to move back to 31 aaa and more if robstown, rockport, and tm join us at the 3a level.

If that's the case, then Orange Grove will definitely be back in D31 with Falfurrias. The "X-Factor" here is Lyford. They MIGHT be dropping down to 2A.

The word is already out that Raymondville will be put back in D32. Even if Lyford drops to 2A, that leaves D32 with a 6 team district. IMHO Zapata should be kept in D31.....it's just unfortunate they are located where they are, because regardless of which district they are in, whether it be 31 or 32, they have to travel, and travel a long way for their road games.

SO, if Lyford drops to 2A, here's how I think the districts will look (also assuming San Diego drops to 2A)

District 31 - Zapata, Falfurrias, Orange Grove, Robstown, CC Tuloso Midway, CC West Oso.

District 32 - Port Isabel, Rio Hondo, Progreso, Hidalgo, La Feria, Raymondville

Both would be 6-team districts, which is what the UIL is apparently wanting.

Rockport-Fulton is too far North to be placed in D31, so I think they'll most likely be in D30.

District 30 - Sinton, Rockport-Fulton, Aransas Pass, Mathis, Ingleside

That leaves D30 with 5 teams. The UIL may add in another team from another district to make D30 a 6-team district. Didn't Goliad used to be in D30 at one time or another?

Old Green
01-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
If that's the case, then Orange Grove will definitely be back in D31 with Falfurrias. The "X-Factor" here is Lyford. They MIGHT be dropping down to 2A.

The word is already out that Raymondville will be put back in D32. Even if Lyford drops to 2A, that leaves D32 with a 6 team district. IMHO Zapata should be kept in D31.....it's just unfortunate they are located where they are, because regardless of which district they are in, whether it be 31 or 32, they have to travel, and travel a long way for their road games.

SO, if Lyford drops to 2A, here's how I think the districts will look (also assuming San Diego drops to 2A)

District 31 - Zapata, Falfurrias, Orange Grove, Robstown, CC Tuloso Midway, CC West Oso.

District 32 - Port Isabel, Rio Hondo, Progreso, Hidalgo, La Feria, Raymondville

Both would be 6-team districts, which is what the UIL is apparently wanting.

Rockport-Fulton is too far North to be placed in D31, so I think they'll most likely be in D30.

District 30 - Sinton, Rockport-Fulton, Aransas Pass, Mathis, Ingleside

That leaves D30 with 5 teams. The UIL may add in another team from another district to make D30 a 6-team district. Didn't Goliad used to be in D30 at one time or another? Yes, Goliad has bounced around between D30 and the Cuero districts guite a few times. It'll probably move them back to D30

TarponFanInNorthTexas
01-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Ok cool, thanks for the info Old Green!

So this is what it would look like, then.

District 30 - Sinton, Mathis, Aransas Pass, Ingleside, Rockport-Fulton, Goliad

District 31 - Zapata, Falfurrias, Orange Grove, Robstown, CC Tuloso-Midway, CC West Oso

District 32 - Port Isabel, Rio Hondo, Hidalgo, La Feria, Progreso, Raymondville

This is what would most likely happen. This is ASSUMING that San Diego from D31 and Lyford from D32 drop down to 2A, and that Rockport-Fulton, CC Tuloso Midway, and Robstown all drop down from 4A to 3A.

Another thing....I sure hope they make the Hondo/Devine district as D29, that way we won't have to mess with Cuero until at least 3rd round. :D

S_Tex_3A_Fan
01-17-2008, 04:05 PM
IM telling you TM isn't dropping.

maroonpirate04
01-17-2008, 04:16 PM
All this talk is gettin me wishing that football season is here already:)

Sweetwater Red
01-17-2008, 04:18 PM
All this talk is gettin me wishing that football season is here already:)

Or atleast realignment day.:D

TarponFanInNorthTexas
01-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by S_Tex_3A_Fan
IM telling you TM isn't dropping.

I thought TM already had 3A numbers, but chose to play in 4A? Guess I was wrong there! :D

Maroon87
01-17-2008, 04:48 PM
I thought TM already had 3A numbers, but chose to play in 4A? Guess I was wrong there! :D

To my knowledge they've been right on the edge the last couple of realignments.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
01-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Well, the word is that the top end of 3A will be over 1000 students.

Say for example, if the high end of 3A for the upcoming realignment is anywhere around 1050, that is going to drop down a whole lot of low end 4A schools down into 3A, with CC Tuloso-Midway being one of 'em.

Phil C
01-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Well, the word is that the top end of 3A will be over 1000 students.

Say for example, if the high end of 3A for the upcoming realignment is anywhere around 1050, that is going to drop down a whole lot of low end 4A schools down into 3A, with CC Tuloso-Midway being one of 'em.

Any idea on what the low end is going to be?

Blastoderm55
01-17-2008, 06:16 PM
T-M turned in 1009.5 for the '06 realignment. I've noticed the growth that area has seen with the new developments on 37 past Violet, but we'll see if that keeps them in 4A.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
01-17-2008, 06:28 PM
I've heard low 400's, but no EXACT number.

I have read over on the RGV boards that the high end is being raised by about 100 up to the 1050-1075 range, which would make several 4A teams drop down into 3A and cause the low end to rise a little bit to even things out.

LH Panther Mom
01-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Any idea on what the low end is going to be?
We should have an answer to that in just over 349.25 hrs. :D

maroonpirate04
01-18-2008, 12:59 AM
TM might wanna add 4 more students to it's enrollment cuz my sister planning to move over there where job is located near TMHS so my nephews and niece are going from Pirate 2 Warrior:( been at her job for 8 years already and is tired of driving from CC to Sinton everyday, but debating if she should move to Calallen her second option

FutureAD
01-18-2008, 01:05 AM
TM might wanna add 4 more students to it's enrollment cuz my sister planning to move over there where job is located near TMHS so my nephews and niece are going from Pirate 2 Warrior:( been at her job for 8 years already and is tired of driving from CC to Sinton everyday, but debating if she should move to Calallen her second option

do any of the kids play sports?

maroonpirate04
01-18-2008, 01:19 AM
No one is in band and my niece is thinking of trying out for color guard