PDA

View Full Version : Realignment--Where would Brownwood go?

charlesrixey
01-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Just curious to know what region and/or what district with what teams they could move down to

anyone have any ideas?

wildstangs
01-15-2008, 02:03 PM
They could go to any of the regions in my opinion. Wouldnt be surprised to see them in Region 1 with Abilene Wylie, or Region 4 with Fredricksburg.

STANG RED
01-15-2008, 02:06 PM
My guess would be R1 just simply because we need more teams. Geographicly though, they could easily go south and maybe have less travel. R1 would be the logical choice though. However UIL and logic dont often go hand in hand so who knows!?

injuredinmelee
01-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
They could go to any of the regions in my opinion. Wouldnt be surprised to see them in Region 1 with Abilene Wylie, or Region 4 with Fredricksburg.

man if they put them in that region with Brady and some of the other central texas crap like that they will not be tested until late in the playoffs. It would be a great rivalry IMO if they put them in the same as Wylie and Sweetwater and whatever fluff they need to add.

wildstangs
01-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Someone said Early could have 3A numbers again. Can you guys imagine Brownwood VS. Early on the football field? That could get ugly quick.

injuredinmelee
01-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Someone said Early could have 3A numbers again. Can you guys imagine Brownwood VS. Early on the football field? That could get ugly quick.

oh that wouldnt be pretty. What a great atmosphere it would create in the two towns though. Humphrey Petes would be packed.

Old Tiger
01-15-2008, 02:11 PM
hopefully not in region I. no need to waste talent there. :p

wildstangs
01-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
oh that wouldnt be pretty. What a great atmosphere it would create in the two towns though. Humphrey Petes would be packed.

Yeah...and you know the Early folks have probably been running their mouths about how they are better since they have had more success in the last couple of years.

Stownhorse
01-15-2008, 02:14 PM

They wont go up.

charlesrixey
01-16-2008, 07:33 AM
?

so is the consensus region I?

jason
01-16-2008, 09:05 AM
i think region 2 is a possibility - they were region 2 in 4a...

charlesrixey
01-16-2008, 10:01 AM
How about this for 8-3a:

Abilene Wylie
Brownwood
Clyde
Comanche
Graham
Sweetwater
Breckenridge

Talk about a tough district!

that would be great!

BMOC
01-16-2008, 10:24 AM
I think that would be the TOUGHEST district in 3A for the next two years.

BwdLion_80
01-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Yeah...and you know the Early folks have probably been running their mouths about how they are better since they have had more success in the last couple of years.

They have been, but I promise you, they couldn't!

BwdLion_80
01-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
How about this for 8-3a:

Abilene Wylie
Brownwood
Clyde
Comanche
Graham
Sweetwater
Breckenridge

that would be great!

Comanche is heading for 2A. I have read that they turned less than 375. The rest, as well as just about anything else, is possible.

BwdLion_80
01-16-2008, 12:02 PM
http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/scores/3a.GIF

After looking at the previous 2 years makeup of 3A and combine that with what happened to us the past 4 years in 4A, heck, we could go into any region.

lakers
01-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Yeah prolly so, but Brownwood is part of the Big Country, so i could see them going into Region 1...

Stownhorse
01-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
How about this for 8-3a:

Abilene Wylie
Brownwood
Clyde
Comanche
Graham
Sweetwater
Breckenridge

that would be great!

HAHA! that would be cool but travel would be hell.

vet93
01-16-2008, 02:45 PM
I would be very surprised if that happened... they turned in something in the low 400's (below 410). Early has some athletes and could compete with the mid to lower levels of 3a, but would get shredded by the upper level teams like Wiley and Brownwood.

vet93
01-16-2008, 02:52 PM
I would be very surprised if that happened... they turned in something in the low 400's (below 410). Early has some athletes and could compete with the mid to lower levels of 3a, but would get shredded by the upper level teams like Wiley and Brownwood.