PDA

View Full Version : Pick the shirt

pirate4state
01-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Alright since 85% of the downlow population has agreed that they would like a new shirt, it's time to decide WHICH shirt DESIGN we want.

Below are the only options that have been submitted. If you have a design you'd like voted on, please provide a picture or idea in this thread. These colors are NOT set in stone!

Option A:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/draft_1f.jpg

Option B:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/draft_2f.jpg

Option C:

http://www.customink.com/temp/saveproofs/rita_alaniz%40yahoo.com/dl3front.jpg http://www.customink.com/temp/saveproofs/rita_alaniz%40yahoo.com/dl3back.jpg

Let's get a design first and then worry about colors, deal?

Voting ends in ONE WEEK!!!!

coach
01-15-2008, 12:56 PM
its either b or c and to make things more complicated for you is it possible if we use the same material as under armor?

Sweetwater Red
01-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Option B is a joke meant to antagonize all the Sweetwater posters
isn't it?:thinking:

pirate4state
01-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by coach
its either b or c and to make things more complicated for you is it possible if we use the same material as under armor? the dry fit material is VERY expensive so i would think probably not, but we can check into it

Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Option B is a joke meant to antagonize all the Sweetwater posters isn't it? :thinking:

Not everything is about Snyder/Sweetwater! :rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
01-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Well. now I know how coach feels.

coach
01-15-2008, 01:49 PM
lol i was just playing i was trying to make things more difficult for you and you are right it is expensive

LH Panther Mom
01-15-2008, 01:53 PM
:confused: :confused: It's not? :eek: :eek:

crzyjournalist03
01-15-2008, 03:05 PM
A looks really good...

Bull19
01-15-2008, 05:06 PM
im sure its already been discussed, but how much will the shirts cost?

STANG RED
01-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Here is an idea.

How about just sell the transfers for people to put on shirts of their own school color???

That way people are still wearing their school colors to the games, and 3ADL is still getting recognition as well.

AP Panther Fan
01-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Here is an idea.

How about just sell the transfers for people to put on shirts of their own school color???

That way people are still wearing their school colors to the games, and 3ADL is still getting recognition as well.

That's a good idea...do they make those things idiot proof? :D

SNYDER325TIGERS
01-15-2008, 06:40 PM
I like "B" the best! That gold is tight

LH Panther Mom
01-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Here is an idea.

Ooooh, I like that idea!

SNYDER325TIGERS
01-15-2008, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Ooooh, I like that idea!

That is a good idea.

pirate4state
01-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
im sure its already been discussed, but how much will the shirts cost? not sure yet. the last time we did this i think they were $12

pirate4state
01-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Here is an idea.

Okay, I'm probably missing something here, but how would we sell transfers??

:confused:

Pawdaddy
01-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Okay, I'm probably missing something here, but how would we sell transfers??

:confused:

They come on plastic type sheets similar to what you would copy to for overhead projector use. The cost would probably still be $12 - $15 because of the protective packaging that would have to be utilized. You're welcome.

pirate4state
01-16-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
They come on plastic type sheets similar to what you would copy to for overhead projector use. The cost would probably still be $12 - $15 because of the protective packaging that would have to be utilized. You're welcome. I know what a transfer is, I think. Are we talking iron on transfers or something more durable?

"I don't get it." - Tom Hanks, Big :D

Old Green
01-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Here is an idea.

That way people are still wearing their school colors to the games, and 3ADL is still getting recognition as well. I like that idea:thumbsup: :clap:

Ranger Mom
01-16-2008, 11:36 AM
We aren't talking about the transfers that you make up on a home computer, are we???

Those things don't work well at all!!!

pirate4state
01-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
We aren't talking about the transfers that you make up on a home computer, are we???

That's what I've been trying to figure out & I agree!!

Sweetwater Red
01-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Here is an idea.

How come all the good ideas come from the Region I posters? :thinking: :D

jason
01-16-2008, 02:24 PM

Those things don't work well at all!!! thats what was used on the original state bound t-shirt...

Ranger Mom
01-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by jason
thats what was used on the original state bound t-shirt...

I know....that was why I said they don't work well!!!:p :p

jason
01-16-2008, 04:46 PM
I know....that was why I said they don't work well!!!:p :p :hand:

Ranger Mom
01-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by jason
:hand:

Nothing against you.....there was nothing you could do about it.

But I darn sure wouldn't feel right about charging someone for a transfer that I KNOW won't hold up for an entire season!!!

Emerson1
01-16-2008, 04:49 PM
Nothing against you.....there was nothing you could do about it.

But I darn sure wouldn't feel right about charging someone for a transfer that I KNOW won't hold up for an entire season!!!
It wouldn't last 2 washes

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-16-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm going with option B, but the colors are awful.

3ABirdMan
01-17-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm using my "LAZY" card on this one by not doing any research -

Aren't there some vendors that take web orders, so that we could ALL agree on the logo, and then order "the" logo on a shirt of our own color choice over the web, complete with credit card payment and shipping address?

By using a web-based order system, the vendor could be anywhere in Texas (or the US, really), they could print all of the shirts at once (in ONE ink color, like white) and hold down expenses, and we could still get a volume-break on guaranteed pricing.

Just trying to add to the cerebral dynamics of the thread..... :thinking:

3ABirdMan
01-17-2008, 01:13 PM
OK - I felt bad about being lazy, so here ya go.......

Cafe Press (http://www.cafepress.com)

Zazzle (http://www.zazzle.com)

Spreadshirt (http://www.spreadshirt.com)

Shirt Magic (http://www.shirtmagic.com)

I DID NOT investigate designs - just web sites....

STANG RED
01-17-2008, 06:04 PM

NO NO NO. I'm talking about the same ones they put on at the t-shirt shops. They have to make the transfers first, then they just iron them on the shirts. They do have the big commercial grade presses to do it, but it's the same principle. You can do it just as well with an iron at home, you just have to take your time and do it right. Its not hard. I would bet you could get the transfers for about $5.00 each. Most any t-shirt shop has the machine to do them. Mailing them would be cheap as well.

Ranger Mom
01-18-2008, 10:15 AM
NO NO NO. I'm talking about the same ones they put on at the t-shirt shops. They have to make the transfers first, then they just iron them on the shirts. They do have the big commercial grade presses to do it, but it's the same principle. You can do it just as well with an iron at home, you just have to take your time and do it right. Its not hard. I would bet you could get the transfers for about $5.00 each. Most any t-shirt shop has the machine to do them. Mailing them would be cheap as well.

That sounds like a great idea....you are now officially in charge of looking into that for us!!:kiss:

pirate4state
01-18-2008, 04:12 PM
That sounds like a great idea....you are now officially in charge of looking into that for us!!:kiss: Good one :thumbsup: :D

PurplePride2006
01-18-2008, 06:12 PM
I Got Kinda Bored Today And Worked On A Design... If Anyone Wants To Make One Go To www.customink.com

http://www.customink.com/temp/saveproofs/texaslonghorns2004@hotmail.com/downlow08front.jpg http://www.customink.com/temp/saveproofs/texaslonghorns2004@hotmail.com/downlow08back.jpg

carter08
01-18-2008, 06:39 PM
honestly.

all of them are too basic. too generic.

LH Panther Mom
01-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by carter08
honestly.

all of them are too basic. too generic.
Well, get after it and show us what you've got in mind. :)

STANG RED
01-18-2008, 08:14 PM
That sounds like a great idea....you are now officially in charge of looking into that for us!!:kiss:

Sorry, no can do. I'm in Dallas at Baylor Med Center nurse maiding my wife right now, and getting behinder and behinder at work every minute I'm here. Once I finally get back to the office, I'll be working 12+ hours every day for a while.

Diocletian
01-20-2008, 02:12 PM
I prefer the old white ones but if voting on only these the "B" one gets it.

Jack_Daniels
01-21-2008, 12:45 PM
B

striker
01-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Why not go with the "logo" that is on the website header? The 3A Down Low in the blue flames is well recognized and has been the logo since I can remember.

pirate4state
01-27-2008, 10:35 PM

Option C:

http://www.customink.com/temp/saveproofs/rita_alaniz%40yahoo.com/dl3front.jpg http://www.customink.com/temp/saveproofs/rita_alaniz%40yahoo.com/dl3back.jpg

Looks like Option C won. I'm sorry, but I just won't have the time to further research cost and logistics of getting this done anytime soon. If someone else wants to take on this little project, please feel free.

kepdawg
04-07-2008, 11:55 PM
:crazy1:

nobogey72
04-08-2008, 01:42 AM
I kindof like option B. But could you put all the writing in a little gold triangle, you know, like a superman logo? And underneath mine put "brought to you by Sweetwater Red":doh: :D order me a L and my wife wants a XXL. thanks,:inlove:

pirate4state
04-08-2008, 09:15 AM
oh wow...i had forgotten about this little "project" LOL

charlesrixey
04-08-2008, 12:50 PM
please..........

any color but gray!

pirate4state
04-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
please..........

any color but gray!

Sorry, the color has already been voted on! I think. :thinking:

Meh, I don't feel like dealing with it. I'm so sick of shirts!

kepdawg
04-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
please..........

any color but gray!

I think everybody can make their imaginary shirts whatever color they want!