PDA

View Full Version : Jason Garrett to the Ravens

jason
01-15-2008, 12:39 PM
LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3197523)

Sources told ESPN's Ed Werder that Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett has been offered the Baltimore Ravens coaching position.

Garrett has not made a decision yet.

The Ravens are seeking a successor for Brian Billick, who was fired after the regular season.

Garrett, who arrived at the Ravens' training complex for the second interview on Tuesday morning, was the first candidate to have call-back sessions with the Ravens and Falcons.

Garrett, 41, is a veteran of three seasons as an NFL assistant. He was hired by the Cowboys as offensive coordinator in 2007, after two seasons on the Miami Dolphins' staff. In 2007, he presided over a unit that statistically ranked No. 3 in the league, but struggled in the final month of the year and in Sunday's playoff loss.

A former Princeton quarterback, Garrett played 12 seasons in the NFL as a backup, serving stints with Dallas (1993-99), the Giants (2000-03), Tampa Bay (2004), and Miami (2004). He also played in the World League (1991) and in the CFL (1991).

Adidas410s
01-15-2008, 12:56 PM
:(

coach
01-15-2008, 01:01 PM
great just great as if the week couldn't get any worse....i wish him well though

Macarthur
01-15-2008, 01:16 PM
rick gosslin thinks he should wait for a better job. Balt is an old defense that does not have a QB. That's one way to get off to a bad start as a new HC.

football4life
01-15-2008, 01:17 PM
or jerry gets rid of wade and promotes garrett

Txbroadcaster
01-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by football4life

That would be such a bad move

Buccaneer
01-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
That would be such a bad move

Why?

charlesrixey
01-15-2008, 03:05 PM
:(

please don't go!

Adidas410s
01-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by football4life
won't happen this year....

Expect Jerry to match Baltimore's offer with language naming Garrett the next Cows HC...and possibly going as far as saying, "If you aren't HC by 20XX, then I will pay you a $$ buyout."

then it's up to Garrett to decide...

Txbroadcaster
01-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Why?

A. Phillips might be 0-4 in play-offs but he has proven he can win during regular season and has a track record

B. Phillips did nothing wrong IMO to be fired..cannot place 100% of blame on him

C. The players Love playing for him, you make this move you might lose some folks in the locker room

D. cotinue on with C, you make this move, what direction are you telling your players u want to go in?

E. Garret has been a OC ONE YEAR, I just dont think he has proven himself yet to be a top HC

pirate4state
01-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
E. Garret has been a OC ONE YEAR, I just dont think he has proven himself yet to be a top HC Agreed.

Emerson1
01-15-2008, 04:14 PM
The offense sputtered the last few games aswell. Cowboys have some of the best talent in the league, not hard to run an offense with so many pro bowlers

Snydertigersrul
01-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by jason
LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3197523)

Sources told ESPN's Ed Werder that Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett has been offered the Baltimore Ravens coaching position.

Garrett has not made a decision yet.

The Ravens are seeking a successor for Brian Billick, who was fired after the regular season.

Garrett, who arrived at the Ravens' training complex for the second interview on Tuesday morning, was the first candidate to have call-back sessions with the Ravens and Falcons.

Garrett, 41, is a veteran of three seasons as an NFL assistant. He was hired by the Cowboys as offensive coordinator in 2007, after two seasons on the Miami Dolphins' staff. In 2007, he presided over a unit that statistically ranked No. 3 in the league, but struggled in the final month of the year and in Sunday's playoff loss.

A former Princeton quarterback, Garrett played 12 seasons in the NFL as a backup, serving stints with Dallas (1993-99), the Giants (2000-03), Tampa Bay (2004), and Miami (2004). He also played in the World League (1991) and in the CFL (1991).

Like Jerry told Jimmy, get out of here fast and don't let the back door hit you.

:D

Macarthur
01-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Frankly, I'm a bit surprised if he takes it. That just doesn't seem to be a Franchise that is in a good place right now. I know NFL HC jobs don't come around very often, but what does he do for a QB? I don't care how good a coach you are; if you don't have a QB, you aren't going to win.

Sweetwater Red
01-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Frankly, I'm a bit surprised if he takes it. That just doesn't seem to be a Franchise that is in a good place right now. I know NFL HC jobs don't come around very often, but what does he do for a QB? I don't care how good a coach you are; if you don't have a QB, you aren't going to win.

Didn't the Ravens win a SB with Trent Dilfer?:thinking:

Snydertigersrul
01-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Didn't the Ravens win a SB with Trent Dilfer?:thinking:

They could have won with me as quarterback with that defense.

Macarthur
01-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
They could have won with me as quarterback with that defense.

Very true. They had one of the top 3 defenses ever in the NFL. With very very few exceptions, you must have a top QB to win in the playoffs.

crzyjournalist03
01-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Garrett has left Baltimore without taking the job, leaving the Ravens wondering what he's planning to do:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravens115,0,7632126.story

AP Panther Fan
01-15-2008, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Garrett has left Baltimore without taking the job, leaving the Ravens wondering what he's planning to do:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravens115,0,7632126.story

His wife's name is Brill....yikes.

crzyjournalist03
01-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
His wife's name is Brill....yikes.

The story has changed since I first posted it...I don't even see her name anywhere...:confused:

AP Panther Fan
01-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
The story has changed since I first posted it...I don't even see her name anywhere...:confused:

They must have updated it right after I read it. Her name was there, trust me, I didn't make that one up.:cool: