PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill "No Huddle?"

rowdycrowd
10-06-2003, 10:23 AM
I saw Barbers Hill play last week and I don't understand how they run No Huddle. How do the lineman know how to block. Does anybody understand this? The receivers and backs watch the coach, but the lineman don't.

jason
10-06-2003, 10:27 AM
Burnet does it also, and they do it quite well...

<small>[ October 06, 2003, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

3afan
10-06-2003, 10:27 AM
probably one of the lineman hears the play and makes the blocking assignment call ..... passes would be easy, runs a little more difficult i suspect

RBARKER
10-06-2003, 10:29 AM
I have watched BH since they started the no Huddle and have wondered the same thing. Maybe someone in the know could fill us in.

spike
10-06-2003, 10:37 AM
The play is signaled in to the skill people, qb, backs and recievers. The qb then will make a call on the line of scrimmage to let the line know what the play is without giving it away to the defense. Like the qb won't go up there and say 30 trap, he will give a number and color or something the coaches have taught the line to tell them if it is a pass and or a run and then what the play is. Most linemen know how each play is blocked versus a different front anyway so they just have to hear the play signaled by the qb.

At least that is the was that my friends school does it, I am sure the Hill and the other no huddle schools do this to, or similarly.

shellman54
10-06-2003, 10:37 AM
ok, i'll let the secret out. the back, recievers, and quarterbacks watch the coaches on the sideline giving the hand signals. when the quarterback gets set and calls out his cadence, he calls out a color and a number, the color signifying pass or run, and the number determining which play. it takes a lot of concentration, and knowing the plays and audibles.

southern_thunder
10-06-2003, 10:38 AM
My guess is that the QB gets the signal from the sideline and calls the play to the lineman.

eagle08
10-07-2003, 08:26 PM
It is very impressive. I know the play is called from the OC in the press box who is watching where, who, and how the defense lines up before making the call. So most of the time there is a little time between play calls, but if they want to speed things up and wear down a defense quick the pace can be turned up considerably.

Gobbla2001
10-07-2003, 08:28 PM
Notice any of their players wearing wrist-bands with plays on 'em?

Those are used for two-minute drills etc... and I'm sure for some no-huddle teams...

bhillfan
10-07-2003, 08:44 PM
nope we dont wear wristbands, we have certain plays that are known when we need to speed a play up