PDA

View Full Version : bellville

bvillebrahma010
01-14-2008, 06:33 PM
bellville does have a lot of depth! with one returning senior who has been named all district catcher last year and has started since his freshman year, pitcher jo tallerine, third baseman ryan hackemack, and relief pitcher garret huebner, the bulls will be a challenge! With over 70 kids coming out to play, theres a lot of depth in each roster. For the first time ever, there will be a sophomore team, junior varsity, and varsity team at Bellville. with 3 freshman on varsity last year, mueller, honeycutt, and jackson, i think it explains what kind of talent that is coming through bellville's program. As well as in football, there were sophmores in the double digits that started this year for bellville and mueller honeycutt and jackson were of those three as well. With coach cerny's coaching ability and bellville's talent, i think bellville will be a contender to go top 4 this year. Coach Cerny is an amazing coach and he knows his stuff when it comes to baseball.

winthebigone
01-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Bellville will return a lot of talent from a team that played into the third round in '07.

Expect there to several surprises in district play. Caldwell and Giddings both return multiple starters. Caldwell has a bunch of pitching and Giddings ALWAYS swings the sticks. If the Hornets can put runs on the board, they should challenge Bellville for the district title. If Giddings can find anybody to throw the rock, they will be very dangerous.

buff4life
01-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by winthebigone
Bellville will return a lot of talent from a team that played into the third round in '07.

Expect there to several surprises in district play. Caldwell and Giddings both return multiple starters. Caldwell has a bunch of pitching and Giddings ALWAYS swings the sticks. If the Hornets can put runs on the board, they should challenge Bellville for the district title. If Giddings can find anybody to throw the rock, they will be very dangerous.

no joke on that one...Giddings line up last year was stacked but they couldn't find an arm to shut any team down...

if Giddings ever had the pitching say LaGrange did and does, they would be title contenders,

Giddings will miss the seniors they lost though

buff4ever
01-15-2008, 11:19 AM
what about la grange and navasota, aren't they suppose to be descent as well, or better than descent

Bull19
01-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
For the first time ever, there will be a sophomore team, junior varsity, and varsity team at Bellville.

WILL NOT BE THE FIRST TIME EVER. BELLVILLE HAS HAD 3 TEAMS MANY OF TIMES IN THE PAST. THE ONLY REASON BELLVILLE HASN'T HAD 3 TEAMS IN THE RECENT YEARS IS BECAUSE OF THE SHORTAGE OF BASEBALL COACHES. IN YEARS PAST THEIR WERE ALWAYS AT LEAST 4 BASEBALL COACHES, SOMETIMES 5.

zebrablue2
01-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
what about la grange and navasota, aren't they suppose to be descent as well, or better than descent

I believe their Jr. class of kids[ La Grange] went to state in LL baseball when they were 12 year olds. That was a good group. La Grange should be pretty strong. That group may be soph's this year. I lose track of time.

buff4life
01-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
I believe their Jr. class of kids[ La Grange] went to state in LL baseball when they were 12 year olds. That was a good group. La Grange should be pretty strong. That group may be soph's this year. I lose track of time.

LaGrange lost alot in the Senior class i believe in Callis, Leer, and Naiser but i think they return a strong core

hookandladder
01-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
LaGrange lost alot in the Senior class i believe in Callis, Leer, and Naiser but i think they return a strong core

It is this years Senior class that went to State in LL, however overall not a very talented class. The Leps will struggle this year in District, I do not see them making the playoffs. They do have some talent in the lower grades but as far as making a difference this years I don't see that happening. We still have the same coach and I do not see anyone in this Senior class becoming a leader. Our coach is not going to play any underclassmen, he will keep playing upperclassmen to keep parents off his back. This will always hurt LG as long as he is around. We need a coach that is willing to take the heat to bulid our program back up and to do that I feel you have to play some underclassmen early to gain experience. Hopefully something will change next year.

winthebigone
01-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Jason Becker's Inside Prep Baseball take on 23-3A

1. Bellville
2. Caldwell
3. LaGrange

Bellville was the only team in the district to make his top 25 poll.

winthebigone
01-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by winthebigone
Jason Becker's Inside Prep Baseball take on 23-3A

1. Bellville
2. Caldwell
3. LaGrange

Bellville was the only team in the district to make his top 25 poll.

This is from 3Abaseball.com

Caldwell Hornets, 23-3A

Head Coach: Chris Collins
Assistants: Mark Cochran, Russell Young

2007 Record: 12-10/3-7

Top Returnees:
*Jacob Vasquez (SR, OF/P)
*Chris Supak (SR, 2B)
*Cory Ochs (SR, P/3B)
*Colton Eubanks (SR, P/3B)
*Scott Ofczarzak (SR, P/SS)

Pre-Season All State Nominations:

Team Notes:

The Hornets will return 14 seniors off a 12-10/3-7 team, including four 2007 all-district performers. The strength of the ’08 Hornets will be its outstanding pitching staff. Scott Ofczarzak (3-5, 40.1/3 IP, 34 K, 2.43 ERA, 2nd team AD pitcher, Brazos Valley All-Academic team), Colton Eubanks (3-2, 46.2/3IP, 66 K, 2.85, HM All-Brazos Valley INF), Cory Ochs (4-3, 31.1/3 IP, 47 K, 3.35 ERA, 2nd team AD 3B), and Jacob Vasquez (1-0, 10.1/3 IP, 12 K, 2.03 ERA, 1st team AD OF, HM All-Brazos Valley OF) will lead a staff with had a combined 2.98 ERA in 2007. The Offense will be led by Chris Supak (.355, 14 RBI, 2 HR, 951 FLD%, 1st team AD 2B, Brazos Valley All-Academic), Vasquez (.377, 10 RBI, .958 FLD %, 2nd leading hitter in 23-3A with .478 average), Eubanks (.344, 18 RBI, 4 HR, 6 2B, .672 SLG %), Ochs (.351, 13 RBI, 2 HR, 5 2B), and Ofczarzak (.277, 10 RBI, 5 2B). Other returning players include: Adam Supak (SR, OF, .298, 14 RBI), Justin Martin (SR, C, .200, 5 2B, 3 RBI, .956 FLD %), and Trent Groce (SR, OF, .286, 6 RBI). The Hornets tough pre-season will include participating in the Rockdale and Houston-St. Thomas tournaments (along with hosting the Hornet Invitational). Non-district games with Manor, Rockdale, Cameron, Hutto, and Gatesville should have Caldwell ready to compete with the rough 23-3A competition.

Navasota finished as the #2 seed out of 23-3A but had trouble with Needville in the Bi-District playoff series. The Rattlers return 4 starters including freshman sensation Derrick Hadley who batted .353 with 4 HRs and 26 RBIs and had a 3-1 record in six starts as well.

Also returning are C Garrett Allen (So), 3B Pedro Rivera (Jr), and 2B Tommy Mock (Jr). Garrett Sechelski (Jr) also started six games this year and will be counted on for innings in '08. Navasota will need a couple of other players to step in to help them reach the playoffs again in '08.

The Brahmas finished the '07 season 21-12 after winning District 23. They will return 5 starters next year and should have another good team though they will be young. Bellville’s #1-3 pitchers are returning. (two Soph. and a Fr) #1 Joe Tallerine was the Offensive district MVP, #2 Kyle Mueller was first team all-district pitcher and #3 Garrett Huebner pitched a great third game against a hot Jasper team. Bellville also returns first team all district catcher Leif Luetge and 2006 newcomer of the year Ryan Hackemack who missed the second half of the season with an injury. The 08 season will return only one senior (Luetge).

winthebigone
01-15-2008, 09:29 PM
2008 Returning 23-3A Players
(Players with at least 20 AB’s and a .100 average; 15 or more innings pitched)

Bellville:

Leif Luetge, SR., 1st team AD Catcher
Joe Tallerine, JR., 23-3A Offensive MVP
Kyle Mueller, SO., 1st team AD Pitcher

Caldwell:

Colton Eubanks, SR.
Justin Martin, SR.
Cory Ochs, SR., 2nd team AD 3B
Scott Ofczarzak, SR., 2nd team AD Pitcher
Chris Supak, SR., 1st team AD 2B
Jacob Vasquez, SR., 1st team AD OF

Giddings:

Alan Dock, SR., 1st team AD OF
Zach Berry, JR., 2nd team AD OF
Lucas Socha, JR., 2nd team AD Catcher
Trey Masek, SO.
Ty Marlow, SO., 2nd team AD 2B
Rush Plumlee, SO., 2nd team AD 3B

LaGrange:

Carl Amoss, SR.
John Amoss, SR.
Ryan McCrary, SR.
Caleb Miller, SR., 2nd team AD 3B

Navasota:

Tommy Mock, SR.
Garrett Allen, SR.
Pedro Rivera, JR., 1st team AD 3B
Derrick Hadley, SO., 1st team AD OF
Kye Hildreth, SO.

Smithville:

Bradley Campion, SR.
John David Hancock, SR., 2nd team AD catcher
Eric Rodgers, SR., 2nd team AD Pitcher
Keith Zimmerhansel, SR.

tigerpride_08
01-15-2008, 09:31 PM
anyone know if Bellville is coming to our tourny again...we've played them the past 2 years so it wouldn't surprise me if we play them again...

Bull19
01-15-2008, 10:00 PM
id bet on it....always a good tourny to play in.

winthebigone
01-17-2008, 06:13 PM
ttt