PDA

View Full Version : 4 down, and Giddings is NEXT

zztop
12-10-2001, 09:55 AM
Here's to another La Grange victory over the Giddings Buffaloes. We beat you guys earlier in the season when we were a bad team. We made some key changes, including the quarterback, and now we're mirroring our last year's team that DID go all the way.
I've been hearing alot of Giddings fans on this forum saying that no one belongs on the same field as their buffaloes. LOL - They can think that all they want. But I bet the Buff's coaches and players wish they were playing Wimberley this weekend instead of the Leps.
Should be a great game. I know LG will be ready.
Defense wins championships!!!!! All roads lead to the Astrodome Friday night at 8:00 pm.
GO La Grange - Beat Giddings.
zz

[This message has been edited by zztop (edited December 10, 2001).]

REBEL II
12-10-2001, 10:05 AM
No, actually they were hoping they would play LaGrange! Christmas just came a little early!

Gobbla2001
12-10-2001, 10:30 AM
Well La Grange is a great team, zztop, but I'd hate to break it to you, ZZTop wrote 'La Grange' IN GIDDINGS... Buffs go to the big show!!!

zztop
12-10-2001, 10:33 AM
Too bad the La Grange/Giddings game isnt for all the marbles. The winner of this game WILL be State Champs.
Go La Grange.
zz

Gobbla2001
12-10-2001, 10:35 AM
I'd accually LOVE to see this game, where and win? I can't even pick which team will win this could be a barn-burner or a goose-egged 4th... Good Luck to both teams!!!

zztop
12-10-2001, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001:
Well La Grange is a great team, zztop, but I'd hate to break it to you, ZZTop wrote 'La Grange' IN GIDDINGS... Buffs go to the big show!!!

La Grange - home of the chicken ranch. I bet the fellers from Giddings still drive the LG backroads looking to blow off some steam. LOL. Normally it would be a place for the victors to celebrate. I guess they knew what they were doing when they put the c.r. in LG.
As far as the song 'La Grange' being written in Giddings...are you sure you're not thinking of 'Friends in Low Places'?
Go Leps!!!
zz

oldbuff78
12-10-2001, 11:06 AM
The buffs already played the toughest team, newton. giddings will win by 20.
region 4 too weak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zztop
12-10-2001, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by oldbuff78:
The buffs already played the toughest team, newton. giddings will win by 20.
region 4 too weak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll be the first person to disappear next week. You were probably saying the same thing last year. Welcome to the Jungle - Go Leps. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
zz

oldbuff78
12-10-2001, 02:23 PM
leps will be playing bb next week!!

g-town fan
12-10-2001, 02:28 PM
Gobbla the game is friday at 8 in the astrodome. Hope to see you there. Come support the buffs!!

oldbuff78
12-10-2001, 02:34 PM
HEY GTOWN FAN, I LIKE HOW YO HANDLE YOURSELF!
YOU MUST BE A SMART YOUNG PERSON.
MERRY CHRISTMAS.

zztop
12-10-2001, 03:44 PM
leps will be playing bb next week!!

oldbuff78 - you crack me up.
maybe we can just give you our crown from last year and not even make the trip.
prediction: la grange 24 giddings 21

MCAT
12-10-2001, 05:16 PM
"giddings is so much better than bellville," and Bellville beat lagrange soundly, so i guess Giddings is the better team here. It'll be a close game, good luck to both teams. I'm not sure which side to sit on...

3aFootball4Life
12-10-2001, 05:43 PM
I like La Grange the town and the team.

But alot has happened since week 2 in fact like 12 wins have happened.

Over teams like these.

Rice Consolidated
Cameron
Newton

None of which I thik that La Grange could Have beaten.

Good Luck La Grange your going to need it.

[This message has been edited by 3aFootball4Life (edited December 10, 2001).]

jonesy56
12-10-2001, 06:29 PM
Im going with Giddings over La grange. I am a member of a team that has scrimmaged against Giddings and played La grange. I feel giddings will win, although I know that La grange finds something extra in the playoffs. Also, I don't think La Grange has played the quality teams in the playoffs that Giddings has. Good luck to both teams and may the best one win.

Eaglet'
12-10-2001, 07:40 PM
Just for the little note LaGrange did not play against Newton. I know you are trying to look good but you need to do so with some true facts!
Go LaGrange!

3aFootball4Life
12-10-2001, 08:26 PM
eaglet....

So you are saying that Newton would be beat by La Grange if they were to play??

Because Giddings beat Newton Which i personally consider the second best team in divison 2.

And you are saying that Giddings will be beat by La Grange. So by saying that you are saying that Newton would be beat by La Grange.

Personally I think that you are just bitter Eaglet that Giddings beat you.

Giddings will beat La Grange by 14...

G-Town_Hottie
12-10-2001, 10:28 PM
zztop
it doesn't matter who won last year
as you can tell Forney was good last year but got knocked out pretty soon in the play-offs this year, LaGrunge got lucky the first game and they're going to need it again if they think that they're gonna win against the Buffs.
Go Buffs!

MCAT
12-11-2001, 06:35 PM
jonesy56, you play for bellville huh? A few weeks ago there was a post saying that giddings beat yall by at least 5 td's, and it turned out bellville had one of the best defenses in 3a this year, what was the problem, or was giddings that good?

G-Town_Hottie
12-11-2001, 07:17 PM
Mcat of course Giddings is that good!!! That's how they beat Newton, Newton is a great team but we were able to come out on top!!!! Good Luck next season Newton!!

Good Luck Buffaloes!!

bros543
12-11-2001, 07:29 PM
I think i'll sit on the giddings side where all the honey's are. I just graduated h/s last year http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif. Plus LaGrange always talked tooo much when i played for bellville.

zztop
12-11-2001, 08:16 PM
That's b/c we have so much to talk about...like winning championships!!! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif
zz

G-Town_Hottie
12-11-2001, 09:21 PM
zztop, haha.................not funny, well after Friday, all yall will be talkin abt is how Giddings kicked your butts in the semi-finals!!!

bros543
12-12-2001, 01:24 PM
You're right zz, they had a good senior class last year, but i think tye gunn was the difference last year... I watched TCU play this year, when do yall think he will play for them?

g-town fan
12-12-2001, 01:59 PM
Last night on Fox 7 news Seth Anderle said it right. He said he knows how bad Giddings wants revenge because they have lost to LaGrange the last few years. He also said that it will be very tough for LaGrange to win because of how bad Giddings wants to beat them. He seemed to know exactly what is going on. He is a great player, and I'm sure he will come to the dome on Friday nite ready to play, but I can guarentee you one thing, so will the BUFFALOES!!!!!! They can't wait till Friday and neither can I. It will be an amazing game and I can't wait to watch it. Look out Anderle boys, cause a herd is rolling into Houston Friday night. Good luck Giddings. Revenge, how sweet it is!!!!
Buffs 28-Leps-10
We believe!

zztop
12-12-2001, 08:09 PM
(a little long)
Since i dont live in LG any longer (off to greener pastures), i havent had the opportunity to attend many pre-playoff games this year. truthfully, i really didnt expect LG to advance so far into the playoffs as they have. last year, tye gunn was our #1 do-all guy. as a freshman, tye took our program to the semi final game vs sealy which we lost a heart-breaker. we had the lead and the ball mid way into the fourth qtr, but sealy's experience and depth pivoted them to a nail-biting victory.
our guys took that experience and had 2 great seasons after, but was knocked out of the playoffs surprisingly earlier than most expected. then came last year where everything fell into place.
forgive me for being thourough, but i just wanted to portray the mind-set of the team during the years of 'we're getting close...we're building a dynasty here' type of attitude.
after tye and crew brought home the gold, most LG fans, in my opinion, thought it could be awhile b/f we get to that sort of dominance since tye was graduating.
this year, many publications had us picked to win it again...but based on what? we didnt have our main-man in the driver seat. most people then had us written off after we lost a few games this year. the LG fan's confidence in another state championship began to fade...at least for this year.
we played bay city, giddings, sealy, and bellville and got beat by most. we probably should have been beat by giddings. we were moving personnel and looking for someone to step up...someone to be the new #1 go-to guy.
chase anderle, i believe, started around the 4th or 5th game and since has earned valuable playing time...and slowly but surely, the team began to mold nicely around him. his teammates have that same 'respect' factor towards him as tye's teammates did him. this is so important if you want to be a successful program.
the confidence in the LG team is back. we began to mold towards the end of the season and now we are in the state semi-finals. i have to give a huge amount of kudos to the coaching staff at LG to put that never-say-die attitude into these young men's mind.
will LG repeat as state champs? no one knows until the final seconds tick off the scoreboard, but i assure you one thing, LG has the one thing that most teams dont have...and that is confidence.
with our defense playing solid, especially our secondary, and a new #1 guy at the helm playing error-free football, why shouldnt we believe we have something special here? a dynasty? well, i dont know about that, but it sure does look like one is in the making.
will LG defeat Giddings friday night? go to the dome on friday night and watch for yourselves.
if by chance Giddings is successful and escapes LG with a victory, i believe LG has enough confidence in the upcoming years to be expected to be in contention for the title again.
i am so excited about friday's game i cant even focus on my job. i have a few friends and coworkers i have joining me friday night b/c they enjoy great football. when youre talking LG and Giddings, 2 great teams and long-time rivals, who could ask for anything more!!!
Go Leps.
zz

[This message has been edited by zztop (edited December 13, 2001).]

oldbuff78
12-12-2001, 11:59 PM
HEY ZZ! DO YOU KNOW WHY SO MANY PEOPLE IN LG DISLIKE COACH VALOSTO SO MUCH? I JUST CAN'T GET OVER THAT. IS IT BECAUSE HE DOES NOT CATER TO THE LOCAL PEOPLE OR BECAUSE HE IS NOT ORIGINALLY FROM THER? JUST CURIOUS!

toby070
12-13-2001, 08:47 AM
zz, Anderle is a fun QB to watch. He ran the ball 28 times, and took some shots, but he never slowed down. Damn, he can get to the corner quick. With all his carries, he didn't have to pitch the ball until very late in the fourth quarter...he'd turn it up and take 3-5 yards without getting greedy and trying to take risks on late pitches.

Although I really wanted my Texans to win, I really like watching a good option team. Good luck!

zztop
12-14-2001, 09:03 AM
HEY ZZ! DO YOU KNOW WHY SO MANY PEOPLE IN LG DISLIKE COACH VALOSTO SO MUCH? I JUST CAN'T GET OVER THAT. IS IT BECAUSE HE DOES NOT CATER TO THE LOCAL PEOPLE OR BECAUSE HE IS NOT ORIGINALLY FROM THER? JUST CURIOUS!

From what i remember, coach valastro publicly stated that we didnt have the 'best' athletes, but our boys played well together as a team. this came out after we won the championship...so you can imagine how people reacted.
i dont think what he said was wrong...i think it was just wrong-timing.
go leps.
zz