PDA

View Full Version : T.O. in tears...

Adidas410s
01-14-2008, 10:40 AM
does anybody know where I can find the full clip of his post-game interview??? From the clip I caught this morning it sounded like he broke down in tears defending Romo. He told the media to not take it out on Romo because the TEAM lost the game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3195277

IRVING, Texas -- Terrell Owens' bottom lip was quivering, his voice wavering.

While his teary eyes were hidden behind dark sunglasses, he couldn't hide his disappointment -- or his loyalty to quarterback Tony Romo -- after the Cowboys' 21-17 playoff loss to the New York Giants on Sunday.

This is not about Tony. You guys can point the finger at him, you can talk about the vacation, and if you do that, it's really unfair," Owens said, his voice choked with emotion. "It's really unfair. That's my teammate. That's my quarterback. You guys do that, it's not fair. We lost as a team. We lost as a team, man."

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
does anybody know where I can find the full clip of his post-game interview??? From the clip I caught this morning it sounded like he broke down in tears defending Romo. He told the media to not take it out on Romo because the TEAM lost the game. Have you tried the NFL's website? They usually have all that stuff.

Adidas410s
01-14-2008, 10:43 AM
good call...for some reason I never go to their site but it's the top video on there right now.

Of course my work filter blocks it!!!! :mad:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d805f77ba

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 10:45 AM
good call...for some reason I never go to their site but it's the top video on there right now.

Of course my work filter blocks it!!!! :mad:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d805f77ba damn work filters.

I don't see how people can chastice him for that or anything he has done since he has been a Cowboy.

Adidas410s
01-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
damn work filters.

I don't see how people can chastice him for that or anything he has done since he has been a Cowboy.

The only people ripping him right now are Jeff Garcia and Donovan McNabb. They can't believe he'd stick up for his QB...

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 10:47 AM
The only people ripping him right now are Jeff Garcia and Donovan McNabb. They can't believe he'd stick up for his QB... word!

Rocket Dad
01-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Same stuff, same results. Jones on the sideline, Jones hiring talented players with dark pasts, "getcha popcorn ready", soft head coach (great NFL coordinator by the way) ... ----------can't get it done in crunch time.

pirate4state
01-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Really? wow - I'm glad I've stayed away from the sports channels since the loss yesterday. Don't think I could handle a grown man crying! :speech:

That's just me. No need for any of you to try and explain why he was crying. I get why. I just think it's weird.

crzyjournalist03
01-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Were tears actually visible? I heard he had glasses on and just sounded choked up.

JasperDog94
01-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
Same stuff, same results. Jones on the sideline, Jones hiring talented players with dark pasts, "getcha popcorn ready", soft head coach (great NFL coordinator by the way) ... ----------can't get it done in crunch time. yeah because Jerry Jones made the receivers drop all those passes huh?:rolleyes:

Gp83
01-14-2008, 12:50 PM
I honestly really admire TO for what he did.

JasperDog94
01-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Gp83
I honestly really admire TO for what he did. Can you imagine what everyone would be saying if he had said anything at all that might in some universe be construed as negative about Romo? Everyone would be saying "there he goes again".

This makes for a good news story and that's why everyone is talking about it. I've got no problem with it. The man has a passion for the game and (more importantly) for his team.

Sweetwater Red
01-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Has everyone forgot about him balling immediately after
catching the winning TD when he played for San Francisco?

Bull19
01-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Get your popcorn ready for next year, because im predicting a great year for my dog T.O.

iknoweverything
01-14-2008, 05:41 PM
to is the worst team player ever and to see him "crying" was a joke.

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by iknoweverything
to is the worst team player ever and to see him "crying" was a joke. this post shows a lot abour your knowledge and you as a person

iknoweverything
01-14-2008, 06:07 PM
this is the same guy who has bashed every qb and cordinator he has played with. the same guy that fought his teamates. the same guy that tried to kill himself. The same guy that runs his mouth before every saying getcha popcorn ready. Hes a fraud, not a team player, and a joke. Only cowboy fans dont see that. Something wrong there???

crzyjournalist03
01-14-2008, 06:17 PM
this is the same guy who has bashed every qb and cordinator he has played with. the same guy that fought his teamates. the same guy that tried to kill himself. The same guy that runs his mouth before every saying getcha popcorn ready. Hes a fraud, not a team player, and a joke. Only cowboy fans dont see that. Something wrong there???

How many times do we have to remind ignorant people like you that T.O. never tried to kill himself???

iknoweverything
01-14-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
How many times do we have to remind ignorant people like you that T.O. never tried to kill himself???

well he damn sure did the rest of those things and you dont know he didnt try to kill himself. Hes not a team player, never will be. Anyone can act like a leader and a good teamate when you are winning. When crap hits the fan during a season and your losing is when you find out things about people and we have all seen what he does in times like those.

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 06:21 PM
well he damn sure did the rest of those things and you dont know he didnt try to kill himself. Hes not a team player, never will be. Anyone can act like a leader and a good teamate when you are winning. When crap hits the fan during a season and your losing is when you find out things about people and we have all seen what he does in times like those. did he? or was it manipulation by the media to make those seem way worse than they actually were?

iknoweverything
01-14-2008, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Go Blue
did he? or was it manipulation by the media to make those seem way worse than they actually were? [/QUOTE

watch the tapes of him screaming at his cordinator in san fran for about 5 minutes and him yelling at mcnabb. Mcnabb hates the guy and i dont think its because his not a good football player. Everywhere he has been he has not been wanted beacuse of how he breaks up teams. Ill give him credit he hasnt done it in dallas. But like i said things are good right now there. Ive been around guys like that are exactly like that, the greatest team players ever when your winning and the worlds worst when you are losing.

crzyjournalist03
01-14-2008, 06:24 PM
well he damn sure did the rest of those things and you dont know he didnt try to kill himself. Hes not a team player, never will be. Anyone can act like a leader and a good teamate when you are winning. When crap hits the fan during a season and your losing is when you find out things about people and we have all seen what he does in times like those.

Maybe the "crap" would have hit the fan a year ago when he was playing on a sub-.500 team with Drew Bledsoe at QB, but it never did.

I do know for a fact that he didn't try to kill himself considering that every missing pill was found, and doctors found that he had had an adverse reaction to a pill that he had taken.

And I just chose that one event out of the bunch because it's the biggest lie of them all.

I'll admit that he got into some heated arguments with some QBs in his past, but it's not as though any of those particular QBs former teammates have glowing raves about their character.

And you don't know that he's not a team player...so don't go throwing that crap out there. You're not on his team and never have been. His teammates think very highly of him, and he has genuinely changed during his time with Dallas...stop being so jaded and pissed off that your team was barely half the team that Dallas was this year and get off your holier-than-thou high horse and maybe you'll see that sometimes people do indeed make changes for the better.

iknoweverything
01-14-2008, 06:29 PM
no, i dont play with him but he is not a team player. Ill say that because its the damn truth. Your a cowboy fan i dont expect you to see the truth. What personality flaws do jeff garcia and donavan mcnabb have???? I havent heard of how they are so hard to play with have you? His teamates in Philly hated him thats why hes in dallas.

Emerson1
01-14-2008, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Go Blue
[B]Mcnabb hates the guy
Yet, they have both said they still talk and text.

iknoweverything
01-14-2008, 06:34 PM
T.O

[ ] Teamplayer
[x]Crybaby

pirate4state
01-14-2008, 06:35 PM
to is the worst team player ever

i guess i missed the survey conducted

iknoweverything
01-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
i guess i missed the survey conducted

step outside of fantasy land for 5 seconds that all cowboys fans live in and you will see.

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2008, 06:47 PM
His teamates in Philly hated him thats why hes in dallas.

Actually the problem in Philly was alot of his teammates SIDED with him when things went south

iknoweverything
01-14-2008, 06:48 PM
spin it however yall want this guy is not a team player end of story. Just caues hes a baby doesnt make hiim a team player.

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2008, 06:52 PM
spin it however yall want this guy is not a team player end of story. Just caues hes a baby doesnt make hiim a team player.

Your right..But what shows he has been a good teamate is how he rallied Romo during the Buffalo game, Rallied Romo after the Eagles loss, After this game, the PERFECT chance for him to hate on Romo, he instead defends him.,.it is not the tears, but the words he spoke

SintonFan_inAustin
01-14-2008, 07:46 PM
step outside of fantasy land for 5 seconds that all cowboys fans live in and you will see. ;) you need to step outside of ur fantasy hate land for the Cowboys :doh: and you will see hes a different player that understands its about the team.

iknoweverything
01-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Im not goign to argue with yall anymore yall dont know everything like me so its pointless

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 08:38 PM
Im not goign to argue with yall anymore yall dont know everything like me so its pointless you don't know anything....AT ALL!

SintonFan
01-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
you don't know anything....AT ALL!
I think he-she knows "it's" name is all irony.
Seriously, that loss by the Cowboys was very emotional for the whole team(and darn near everyone I know, too). I was buoyed by that post-game interview by TO and now think "maybe this guy has become more mature". He looks like someone who really cares about someone besides himself. I hated the thought of TO first coming to Dallas, but as I age I realize that some folks take a few years longer to grow up than others. I think he can very well be a prime example of that.:)
I am always guarded about TO...
but I do think the guy deserves a break, especially now.

PHS Wildcats
01-14-2008, 09:10 PM
I thought there was no crying in football?:confused:

bandera7
01-14-2008, 09:24 PM
What a sad little world you live in iknoweverything.

Big Papa
01-14-2008, 10:13 PM
step outside of fantasy land for 5 seconds that all cowboys fans live in and you will see.

how come all cowboys fans are so "biased" and yet you as a t.o. hater is not biased maybe you should step out of your little fantasy land