PDA

View Full Version : The Whole Wade Phillips is to soft angle

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2008, 09:06 AM
Alot of that talk is going around today..He is to nice, to soft, the Boys had to many penalties and stupid mistakes, and that falls at his feet

Well it does..BUT..The penalties were a problem under Parcells, as were the stupid mistakes at the worst time.

IMO since these problems have covered two coaching staffs, it is up to the PLAYERS to hold themselves accountable

That was this biggest factor in my eyes that caused the loss. To many times the Cowboys had a penalty at the worst moment.

Macarthur
01-14-2008, 10:10 AM
I didn't want to believe it, at the time, but Sparano & Garrett jetting all over the place for interviews was a factor.

The defense held them under 200 yds passing and 100 yds rushing. The defense didn't play perfect, but they played well enough to win. The offense just flat out melted down in the 2nd half.

jason
01-14-2008, 10:12 AM
does garrett going on interviews on his bye week = romo going to mexico?

or was one a bigger 'deal' than the other??

just for the record - romo going to mexico, IMO, was not a big deal - like he said, it was better than going to vegas and drinking for 3 days...

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 10:13 AM
IMO it looked as if the Giants players wanted it more.

charlesrixey
01-14-2008, 10:14 AM
anytime your coordinators are being taken away during preparation for a playoff game, that is a distraction

coachc45
01-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue

These statements.... "they wanted it more"....... are so stupid to hear. How do you know who wanted it more? You got a want it meter. They outplayed the cowboys and made plays. Giants are a good team and it came down to mistakes not want.

Both teams had passion.

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by coachc45
These statements.... "they wanted it more"....... are so stupid to hear. How do you know who wanted it more? You got a want it meter. They outplayed the cowboys and made plays. Giants are a good team and it came down to mistakes not want.

Both teams had passion. Just going off body language in the 4th quarter. Giants played much harder than the Cowboys then and it was obvious.

Sweetwater Red
01-14-2008, 10:24 AM
How do you know who wanted it more? They outplayed the cowboys and made plays.

If I'm not mistaken you just asked a question and then
answered it yourself.:thinking: :doh:

3afan
01-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue

yes it appeared that way ... but thats a cliche' used way too often ------ maybe the Giants just PLAYED BETTER yesterday! it happens

crzyjournalist03
01-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
yes it appeared that way ... but thats a cliche' used way too often ------ maybe the Giants just PLAYED BETTER yesterday! it happens

my personal opinion on the game is that the Giants played smarter than the Cowboys...Dallas was and looked like the better team through most of the game, but stupid penalties at inopportune times really set Dallas back.

Mace Griffin
01-14-2008, 12:01 PM
The whole game there was jawing back and fourth and people jumping in other peoples faces. It seemed like the Giants were able to call a spade a spade and move on while the Cowboys took exception to it and let it get in their heads a little bit and made them play a little bit out of character.

coachc45
01-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
If I'm not mistaken you just asked a question and then
answered it yourself.:thinking: :doh:

No you are mistaken. What I did was ask a question.... How do you know who wanted it more?

Then I made another statement. The statement refers in no way to the question.

If I would've asked who outplayed the other. Then I answered the question.

Go Sweetwater!

Sweetwater Red
01-14-2008, 12:45 PM
No you are mistaken. What I did was ask a question.... How do you know who wanted it more?

Then I made another statement. The statement refers in no way to the question.

If I would've asked who outplayed the other. Then I answered the question.

Go Sweetwater!

Wow, hit a nerve?:thinking:

And sorry our bandwagon is full. You can jump on Snyder's
though, they have plenty of room.:rolleyes:

Gp83
01-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Fire Phillips and get Cowher

coachc45
01-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Wow, hit a nerve?:thinking:

And sorry our bandwagon is full. You can jump on Snyder's
though, they have plenty of room.:rolleyes:

No nerve hit. I am always happy to be criticized by people from sweetwater.

Just correcting your statement.