PDA

View Full Version : Giants WIN, Giants WIN

CenTexSports
01-14-2008, 08:41 AM
Even tough I am an Eli Manning fan and was rooting for the Giants, I still like Romo and Wade. It was painful to watch the poor showing from both.

HOWEVER, it was all worth it when they showed JJ at the end of the game and his bottom lip was dragging the ground. They need to fire the owner and give the team to a Texas boy. Let Jerry start a team in Little Rock.

Maybe we can talk Drayton into buying the Cowboys and then he would have the Boys and the Astros.

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2008, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Even tough I am an Eli Manning fan and was rooting for the Giants, I still like Romo and Wade. It was painful to watch the poor showing from both.

HOWEVER, it was all worth it when they showed JJ at the end of the game and his bottom lip was dragging the ground. They need to fire the owner and give the team to a Texas boy. Let Jerry start a team in Little Rock.

Maybe we can talk Drayton into buying the Cowboys and then he would have the Boys and the Astros.

Drayton!!!! uhhh no

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Jerry makes a hell of a lot better decisions about the team than Drayton does with the AStros.

Daddy D 11
01-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Jerry makes a hell of a lot better decisions about the team than Drayton does with the AStros.

if drayton has a good player, or a young prospect...what does he do? he trades them:rolleyes: :mad:

Sweetwater Red
01-14-2008, 09:47 AM
I have the solution for both the Cowboys and Astros.:thinking:

Two words: Mark Cuban:D

Daddy D 11
01-14-2008, 09:48 AM
haha that man is a little too high strung for baseball

charlesrixey
01-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I have the solution for both the Cowboys and Astros.:thinking:

Two words: Mark Cuban:D

i would LOVE to have him own the Cowboys, but he's too interested in the cubs and crappy franchises he can rebuild

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i would LOVE to have him own the Cowboys, but he's too interested in the cubs and crappy franchises he can rebuild

All you would be getting in Cuban is a younger Jerry Jones

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
All you would be getting in Cuban is a younger Jerry Jones that means less plastic surgeries :)

Wonder how much money the NFL would rack up from Cuban in fines?

Adidas410s
01-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
No...he's interested in return on his money. The Cubs offer that just like the Mavericks did. It's the same reason he looked at buying the Penguins a few years ago when Sydney Crosby was headed there. Cuban is a fan of sports...and he's not necessarily tied to one sport or team. If a franchise offers him potential for a great return on his investment then he'll look into it.

Obviously the Cubs offer that or he wouldn't be interested...

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
No...he's interested in return on his money. The Cubs offer that just like the Mavericks did. It's the same reason he looked at buying the Penguins a few years ago when Sydney Crosby was headed there. Cuban is a fan of sports...and he's not necessarily tied to one sport or team. If a franchise offers him potential for a great return on his investment then he'll look into it.

Obviously the Cubs offer that or he wouldn't be interested...

I disagree..He bought the Mavs not only as an investment, but he LOVES B-Ball...whole reason he started the Internet Sports Broadcasts was to listen to Indiana B-Ball

Adidas410s
01-14-2008, 10:38 AM
I disagree..He bought the Mavs not only as an investment, but he LOVES B-Ball...whole reason he started the Internet Sports Broadcasts was to listen to Indiana B-Ball

Like I said below...

Originally posted by Adidas410s
[B]Cuban is a fan of sports...and he's not necessarily tied to one sport or team. If a franchise offers him potential for a great return on his investment then he'll look into it.
[B]

Basketball is his first love..he'll tell stories about being a season ticket holder at Reunion and sitting in the top rows of the building when he was younger. However, he's a fan of sports in general or he wouldn't want to own other teams. Don't get me wrong...I'm not equating him to Tom Hicks, Dan Snyder, etc. Cuban is in it for love of the game...but he's not going to try to buy a franchise that he doesn't think has any potential to give him a return on his investment.

crzyjournalist03
01-14-2008, 11:50 AM
All you would be getting in Cuban is a younger Jerry Jones

If that comes with the three Super Bowl rings in the first decade of ownership, you can count me in!!!