PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys 2008 picture

charlesrixey
01-14-2008, 08:07 AM
while this game has certainly left a bad taste in everyone's mouth, the bottom line is the Cowboys have the pieces in place (a good offense and defense) to win 10-12 games for the next couple of years. while that may or may not lead to a Super Bowl, it is better than the 6-10 hell we have endured for ten years

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 08:10 AM
sure up the secondary(get rid of toast and draft a top S/CB).
Draft a complentary RB to Barber(get rid of Jones).
can always add depth on the oline or front 7 on D.

charlesrixey
01-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
sure up the secondary(get rid of toast and draft a top S/CB).
Draft a complentary RB to Barber(get rid of Jones).
can always add depth on the oline or front 7 on D.

just by your response, it's easy to see the cowboys aren't hurting too much overall

when one of your three biggest concerns is depth on the OL, then you are already two steps ahead as a team

i like your second comment, too

in the Steve Slaton thread i mentioned he would be a great compliment to Barber if Jones left

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
just by your response, it's easy to see the cowboys aren't hurting too much overall

when one of your three biggest concerns is depth on the OL, then you are already two steps ahead as a team

i like your second comment, too

in the Steve Slaton thread i mentioned he would be a great compliment to Barber if Jones left Slaton reminds me of a less explosive Reggie Bush. IMO Jamaal Charles or Felix Jones would be a better pick up for the Cowboys.

charlesrixey
01-14-2008, 08:16 AM
Slaton reminds me of a less explosive Reggie Bush. IMO Jamaal Charles or Felix Jones would be a better pick up for the Cowboys.

if it's a choice between the two, Felix Jones is the obvious choice (charles shouldn't have come out yet)

the only problem is Jones will be gone long before Charles, so the cowboys will have to make RB their first or second priority to get him

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2008, 09:03 AM
In order of need IMO
1. Secondary help...People can jump on the Hate Roy Williams bandwagon, but IMO he is just not a good fit for the 3-4 defense..His problems IMO began when the D was changed. In the 4-3, the OLB is asked to help cover the TE more, in the 3-4 it all depends on if the OLB is rushing the QB and this forces Roy out of his game by making him a coverage SS instead of one playing in the box and running downhill. Find a more athletic coverage SS...Think about a young CB that could allow Henry to possible be a 3rd CB

2. Depth at WR..Glenn IMO is gone and TO is older. Need youth at WR

3. Depth at OL..Dont know if Flozell will be resigned, and we dont know how good Martsen and Freed are at Tackle.

4. Second RB...As great as Barber is, Dallas needs speed at the RB position, a young 3rd down back who can be a legit homerun threat

TexanFan4Life
01-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
In order of need IMO
1. Secondary help...People can jump on the Hate Roy Williams bandwagon, but IMO he is just not a good fit for the 3-4 defense..His problems IMO began when the D was changed. In the 4-3, the OLB is asked to help cover the TE more, in the 3-4 it all depends on if the OLB is rushing the QB and this forces Roy out of his game by making him a coverage SS instead of one playing in the box and running downhill. Find a more athletic coverage SS...Think about a young CB that could allow Henry to possible be a 3rd CB

3. Depth at OL..Dont know if Flozell will be resigned, and we dont know how good Martsen and Freed are at Tackle.

4. Second RB...As great as Barber is, Dallas needs speed at the RB position, a young 3rd down back who can be a legit homerun threat

I think you mean Marten and Free at OT.

I'm not positive, but I think Free started at least one game this season, and he looked pretty impressive. I think Dallas is going to stick with him at LT for the future.

charlesrixey
01-14-2008, 03:20 PM
i think they should move williams to linebacker, since i doesn't look like they are going to change the defense

not that he would make a great linebacker, but they certainly aren't playing to his strengths as a player

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2008, 03:23 PM
i think they should move williams to linebacker, since i doesn't look like they are going to change the defense

not that he would make a great linebacker, but they certainly aren't playing to his strengths as a player

IMO that is not a wise..He does not have the type of body that can add the weight needed to be a LB AND retain any speed

Sweetwater Red
01-14-2008, 03:24 PM
IMO that is not a wise..He does not have the type of body that can add the weight needed to be a LB AND retain any speed

Dat Nguyen?:thinking: :D

Emerson1
01-14-2008, 04:05 PM
They are the 4th youngest team in the league

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Dat Nguyen?:thinking: :D

??

Sweetwater Red
01-14-2008, 04:12 PM
??

I thought you were saying Williams current build was too small
to play LB. They said the same thing about Dat Nguyen.

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 04:16 PM

not that he would make a great linebacker, but they certainly aren't playing to his strengths as a player IMO Toast is dying out in the league. His shoulder/neck doesn't allow him to hit as hard as he used to and he's two slow to play secondary.

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I thought you were saying Williams current build was too small
to play LB. They said the same thing about Dat Nguyen.

Dat played in the NFL in a 4-3..allowed the DL to sheild him from the OL..If he would have been a ILB in the 3-4 he would have been beaten to a pulp..NOW as an OLB he might have been a solid one especially in pass coverage and such

BUT Dat was also 10 pounds heavier than Roy is..IMO Roy cannot be a LB in the 3-4 at 229 pounds..he would need to gain at least 10 pounds

VWG
01-14-2008, 04:42 PM
In order of need IMO

I agree, but Williams is locked up in a hefty contract. That's the problem.

Big Papa
01-14-2008, 10:31 PM
IMO Toast is dying out in the league. His shoulder/neck doesn't allow him to hit as hard as he used to and he's two slow to play secondary.

hey you do realize that toast doesnt really sound that much like roy..at all

you should try something better

coach
01-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Dat played in the NFL in a 4-3..allowed the DL to sheild him from the OL..If he would have been a ILB in the 3-4 he would have been beaten to a pulp..NOW as an OLB he might have been a solid one especially in pass coverage and such

BUT Dat was also 10 pounds heavier than Roy is..IMO Roy cannot be a LB in the 3-4 at 229 pounds..he would need to gain at least 10 pounds

although dat was good he still was beat to a pulp lol i still think the boys should trade roy for a pick or something