PDA

View Full Version : 2008 NFL Draft

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 01:17 AM
Is it just me or does this draft seem a bit weak?

Astrosdawg07
01-14-2008, 01:39 AM
As long as Dallas is able to draft a good safety in the draft then I could careless lol...

injuredinmelee
01-14-2008, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
As long as Dallas is able to draft a good safety in the draft then I could careless lol...

do you cut Williams? I dont know if you can get anything worth having via trade. Maybe a second day draft pick. Do you force him to LB? Could he crack the starting lineup at LB for the Boys?

TexanFan4Life
01-14-2008, 10:18 AM
I like the quality OL and RB depth. I'm glad the Texans don't need a WR, because that's where this draft is dull.

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
I like the quality OL and RB depth. I'm glad the Texans don't need a WR, because that's where this draft is dull. Offensive line has great depth in the draft.

There is depth at RB but is it a lot of great runningbacks, no.

TexanFan4Life
01-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Offensive line has great depth in the draft.

There is depth at RB but is it a lot of great runningbacks, no.

James Davis and Kevin Smith are late 2nd/early 3rd Round RBs. They're steals to whoever lands them.

NW Missouri State RB Xavier Omon and UL-Monroe RB Calvin Dawson are 4th Round steals.

There is no Barry Sanders in this draft, but the quality is definitely there. A couple of sleepers here.

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 10:28 AM
James Davis and Kevin Smith are late 2nd/early 3rd Round RBs. They're steals to whoever lands them.

NW Missouri State RB Xavier Omon and UL-Monroe RB Calvin Dawson are 4th Round steals.

There is no Barry Sanders in this draft, but the quality is definitely there. A couple of sleepers here.

Asside from McFadden, Jones, and Mendenhall this draft is average as far as RBs go.

Sweetwater Red
01-14-2008, 10:29 AM

There will never be another Barry Sanders.:(

TexanFan4Life
Asside from McFadden, Jones, and Mendenhall this draft is average as far as RBs go.

Don't count one of the little guys out. You can always find quality RBs in the later rounds. RB is the one position where you don't need a 1st/2nd Round pick. There's a reason that RB is the easiest position for a player to make the transition from level to level.

Old Tiger
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
There will never be another Barry Sanders.:( Noel Devine.....maybe?

LeonJr
01-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Leon says " That the word on the street is, Tennesse Titans are trading up to get Darren McFadden"

TexanFan4Life
01-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by LeonJr
Leon says " That the word on the street is, Tennesse Titans are trading up to get Darren McFadden"

What street would you be on?

If anything, the Titans trade down to land Manningham.

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 10:33 AM

If anything, the Titans trade down to land Manningham. He may have some insider information. Msquare!

TexanFan4Life
01-14-2008, 10:35 AM
He may have some insider information. Msquare!

What could they offer up to move into the Top 6?

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 10:36 AM
What could they offer up to move into the Top 6? I aint the one who said this theory so don't ask me. Plus I'm to lazy to look up stuff right now.

LeonJr
01-14-2008, 10:37 AM

If anything, the Titans trade down to land Manningham.

Manningham is their"Plan B" he is a good possession Wr. D Mac will be a good deep threat as well as a Special Teams threat.

TexanFan4Life
01-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Manningham is their"Plan B" he is a good possession Wr. D Mac will be a good deep threat as well as a Special Teams threat.

Maybe you have information that I don't. I feel the Titans need more than RB help right now. If pigs started to fly and McFadden fell to #25, then I'd say pull the trigger on the guy, but since that isn't happening I see nobody the Titans can offer up to move up that high.

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Maybe you have information that I don't. I feel the Titans need more than RB help right now. If pigs started to fly and McFadden fell to #25, then I'd say pull the trigger on the guy, but since that isn't happening I see nobody the Titans can offer up to move up that high. I'm sure he does....your information is obvious :p

CenTexSports
01-14-2008, 10:41 AM
I heard that if Billy Pittman does not get drafted, that VY has told Fischer that he wants Billy brought in as a free agent.

Also heard months ago that Billy would be moved to DB at the next level.

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I heard that if Billy Pittman does not get drafted, that VY has told Fischer that he wants Billy brought in as a free agent.

Also heard months ago that Billy would be moved to DB at the next level. It sucks Billy got the shaft on offense this past season. He could be a good S/T player in the league if he goes undrafted as I'm sure he will.

jason
01-14-2008, 10:49 AM

If anything, the Titans trade down to land Manningham. the same street his mom let him play in when he was a baby...

charlesrixey
01-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Maybe you have information that I don't. I feel the Titans need more than RB help right now. If pigs started to fly and McFadden fell to #25, then I'd say pull the trigger on the guy, but since that isn't happening I see nobody the Titans can offer up to move up that high.

if that's the case, then they could just bide their time and pick felix jones instead, in the second round

Sweetwater Red
01-14-2008, 01:51 PM

Possesion WR? What!?!? If he is a possesion WR, so is Jerry
Rice, Randy Moss, and both the Marks brothers.:rolleyes:

LeonJr
01-14-2008, 03:24 PM
How can you put him in the same sentence with Rice, etc

lion75
01-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Asside from McFadden, Jones, and Mendenhall this draft is average as far as RBs go. Jonathan Stewart should be the second back taken.