PDA

View Full Version : SE Texas Game Cancellations...

Bulldog92
09-06-2002, 09:56 AM
Will you folks down in that area let us know if and when games are called off? Many thanks...

Old Cardinal
09-06-2002, 03:31 PM
Yes, Bridge City/Liberty cancelled both played week 0 and have scheduled next weekend, on both their off dates, how convenient! As far as I know, Orangefield/PNG is still on....

[This message has been edited by Old Cardinal (edited September 06, 2002).]

Bulldog92
09-06-2002, 03:50 PM
I read on texasprepxtra that some opponents were changed for tonight to minimize travel. Is that true?

OrangeBlood
09-06-2002, 03:58 PM
Stafford & East Bernard

eye of the tiger
09-06-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog92:
I read on texasprepxtra that some opponents were changed for tonight to minimize travel. Is that true?

Bulldog I dont see how that would be possible. You prepare for a team all week and then at the last minute it changes. Doesnt make sense to me, but lots of things UIL dont make sense to me. Still my best guess is that it wont happen. Games will be cancelled and rescheduled if possible. Some teams may wind up only playing 9 games if they cant make them up.

Bulldog92
09-06-2002, 04:21 PM
I read that Crosby was playing Huffman instead of PNG and that Orangefield would be going to PNG tonight instead of playing Huffman. I've never heard of that either, so there may not be anything to it...

Old Cardinal
09-06-2002, 04:21 PM
Yes Bulldog, Orangefield is cancelled against Huffman but is playing PNG at 6:00 PM tonight at PNG stadium. PNG was originally scheduled to play Crosby tonight but that was cancelled because of distance and the Storm. I like Coach Flanegin and the OF Bobcats, they would play McNeese Univ., if they could arrange a game!

[This message has been edited by Old Cardinal (edited September 06, 2002).]

Bulldog92
09-06-2002, 04:35 PM
That's interesting, Old Card. It looks like Fay is gonna come ashore around Corpus Christi, so things might not be so bad for the Golden Triangle area. Are there any stations that webcast in that area?

Old Cardinal
09-06-2002, 04:39 PM
KOGT.com, I don't know which game they would be following however..If I can make it over to Hamshire-Fannett tonight, I will relay a report, later.

Old Cardinal
09-06-2002, 05:02 PM
Bulldog, The center of the Storm is crossing the Beaumont area. It should be inland by 8:30 tonight. No sustained winds, just rain and the tornado possibility. Corpus is 200 miles away from the storm landing.

bccards
09-06-2002, 05:10 PM
old card: there ain't no tellin where it's going.. the center ain't over beaumont either.. this thing has just sat there for days and they've kept ssaying it was going to go 'somewhere' but its still sitting right there..

Orangefield and PNG will play at the Reservation tonight at 6pm and can be heard on KOGT.

For those teams who are playing tonight, good luck!

[This message has been edited by bccards (edited September 06, 2002).]