PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Needs To Fire Phillips And Garrett Now

Snydertigersrul
01-13-2008, 07:56 PM
When you have the best wide receiver in football and don't throw to him when going against a weak secondary, it's play-calling.

Txbroadcaster
01-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
When you have the best wide receiver in football and don't throw to him when going against a weak secondary, it's play-calling.

IMO its called OL could not block in the 4th Q

Snydertigersrul
01-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

It's play-calling, anyone that couldn't notice that, don't know anything about the game.

Txbroadcaster
01-13-2008, 07:58 PM
It's play-calling, anyone that couldn't notice that, don't know anything about the game.

oh ok wise one thanks

DU_stud04
01-13-2008, 07:59 PM
When you have the best wide receiver in football and don't throw to him when going against a weak secondary, it's play-calling. the best receiver in football was playing tonight? :confused:

PHS Wildcats
01-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
the best receiver in football was playing tonight? :confused:

Who was he?:confused:

coach
01-13-2008, 08:02 PM
i blame the game on the entire team....tony played bad patrick couldn't catch the ol couldn't block too many penalties bad play calling and the defense gave up a huge td at the end of the half all in all there should be no finger pointing in this game. i look to see brett teach eli a lesson next week and congrats to eli for proving many ppl wrong...

Txbroadcaster
01-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by coach
i blame the game on the entire team....tony played bad patrick couldn't catch the ol couldn't block too many penalties bad play calling and the defense gave up a huge td at the end of the half all in all there should be no finger pointing in this game. i look to see brett teach eli a lesson next week and congrats to eli for proving many ppl wrong...

I really dont think Romo played bad

Astrosdawg07
01-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Dumb penalties killed us more than anything. Reeves face mask at the end of the 1st half hurt. Also Crayton dropped several key passes, one that he would have probably scored on!

Snydertigersrul
Originally posted by coach

We didn't get beat, we got OUTCOACHED

pirate4state

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

coach
01-13-2008, 08:04 PM

he didnt play good either

pirate4state
01-13-2008, 08:05 PM

He had way too many bad lapses in judgment late in the game. He didn't play up to his capabilities and that stinks! His O-line let him down a little, but he could have done ALOT better, imo.

SintonFan_inAustin
They played better than they had the past month and the Giants played good enough to stay in the game and win it in the 4th

DU_stud04
We didn't get beat, we got OUTCOACHED dumb penalties, droping potential catches, not being able to pick up the late blitz...... it all adds up. either way, cowboys need to start getting ready for next season, who cares what the did in the regular season, they havent done anything in the post season for 11-12 years now, and the cowboys are a threat why???

Astrosdawg07
01-13-2008, 08:12 PM
At least the team will pretty much stay in tact for next year. I'm not a big Owens fan but I think you bring him back next year.

Snydertigersrul
01-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
At least the team will pretty much stay in tact for next year. I'm not a big Owens fan but I think you bring him back next year.

I just hope that we get a new head coach and offensive coordinator who know how to call plays

pirate4state
01-13-2008, 08:17 PM
I just hope that we get a new head coach and offensive coordinator who know how to call plays

:doh:

I hope we hang onto them. Well, Wade can go or stay, but I'd like Garrett to stay.

Emerson1
01-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Why force it to TO when players are wide open? Patrick Crayton dropped that huge pass, then stopped running on the last drive on a pass to him. Miles Austin was 10 yards past his guy one play, but someone came right up the middle unblocked and got Romo

Snydertigersrul
01-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:doh:

I hope we hang onto them. Well, Wade can go or stay, but I'd like Garrett to stay.

All Garrett could do in his playing days was hold the clipboard on the sidelines.

wedo
01-13-2008, 08:22 PM
IMO this loss brought the Cowboys back to earth. They are an extremely young team besides T.O. Ellis and Adams, and they were playing a bit over confindent. Next year they should be a hell of a lot better, and should get another 3rd reciever and a good Saftey in the draft and be ready for a great run in 2008.

wedo
01-13-2008, 08:23 PM
All Garrett could do in his playing days was hold the clipboard on the sidelines.

Wade might get fired and Garrett might stay to take over! IMO thats the only way to hang on to a young talented coach.

pirate4state
01-13-2008, 08:25 PM
All Garrett could do in his playing days was hold the clipboard on the sidelines. So what you are saying is that he is qualified? LOL

I don't know why I even bother to respond to your ramblings. :doh: That's my bad. Carry on.

iknoweverything
01-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by wedo
IMO this loss brought the Cowboys back to earth. They are an extremely young team besides T.O. Ellis and Adams, and they were playing a bit over confindent. Next year they should be a hell of a lot better, and should get another 3rd reciever and a good Saftey in the draft and be ready for a great run in 2008.

HAHA

etbu
01-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Face it they are not that good peroid and Wade is a good coach. Girls just got beat and man up and accept it.

SpeedOption
01-13-2008, 08:46 PM

You have them and you better keep them. Only a fool would fool with this. Mo

Buccaneer
01-13-2008, 08:50 PM
I expected Wade to improve the defense more!

Snydertigersrul
01-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
So what you are saying is that he is qualified? LOL

I don't know why I even bother to respond to your ramblings. :doh: That's my bad. Carry on.

Phillips is 0-4 as a head coach in the playoffs, enough said.

SpeedOption
01-13-2008, 09:00 PM
And you havent coached in the playoffs much less anything else. He has been. Go back to eating your hot dag.

zebrablue2
01-13-2008, 09:02 PM

who would you hire as the new coach?

setxsports
01-13-2008, 09:02 PM
The OL hurt Romo, No one is getting fired.

BobcatBenny
01-13-2008, 09:06 PM
I can't believe we are still talking about this.

Everyone just needs to get over it. Its been well over an hour now! :D

Now we can talk about thump thump.

DU_stud04
01-13-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
who would you hire as the new coach? hire me.... im local and pretty decent at madden now.... i think that qualifies me... most people think thats enough to be a coach anyways ;) :thumbsup:

DU_stud04
01-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I can't believe we are still talking about this.

Everyone just needs to get over it. Its been well over an hour now! :D

Now we can talk about thump thump. Go Spurs Go! :)

the texas team that knows how to win the big one ;)

SpeedOption
01-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Derrrrrrrrrrrrr Some people cant understand the game.

yoe64
01-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Don't blame it on the coaches. Too many penalties, and too many key players made too many mistakes.

Buccaneer
01-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by SpeedOption
You have them and you better keep them. Only a fool would fool with this. Mo

Now who(fool) does that sound like?

kaorder1999
01-13-2008, 10:00 PM
QB's have progressions they are taught and even if a play is designed to go to Receiver A then his eyes still check Receiver B and if Receiver B is open he throws it to him. There were a couple of scoring opportunities I saw in the 10-12 minutes of the game I watched. Crayton let one hit him in the hands and he could have scored from about 60. Fasano dropped a TD catch and the Boys had to settle for a FG. Owens was wide open for one but the ball was tipped. They had plenty of opportunities in well called plays. Those things arent Garrett and Phillips' fault

piratebg
01-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
QB's have progressions they are taught and even if a play is designed to go to Receiver A then his eyes still check Receiver B and if Receiver B is open he throws it to him. There were a couple of scoring opportunities I saw in the 10-12 minutes of the game I watched. Crayton let one hit him in the hands and he could have scored from about 60. Fasano dropped a TD catch and the Boys had to settle for a FG. Owens was wide open for one but the ball was tipped. They had plenty of opportunities in well called plays. Those things arent Garrett and Phillips' fault

I agree 100%. The right plays were called and the chances were there. They just couldn't get it done. There were rumors that if Phillips lost he would get fired and Garrett would get the job. Right now, I'd be happy with either one, but I don't think firing Phillips would be fair to him, but with JJ anything is possible. It will be an interesting offseason in Big D.

Panther One
01-13-2008, 10:32 PM
I think the Cowboys were outplayed and outcoached, but I will agree that Romo did not play a bad game. He had a couple of laspses in judgement, but that's Romo. He and Favre are both playmakers that will dazzle at times, but also make you scratch your head a few times a game. He made some plays today and would have had a couple of more BIG ones if his receivers could catch. There wasn't much else Romo could do with the pressure he was under. Yeah, he didn't have a good game, but what QB would without time to throw? With the Giants' depleted secondary, they had to get pressure on Romo to have a chance and that's exactly what they did. The Cowboys' coaches and players deserve to be criticized, but you also have to give the Giants coaches and players credit for their gameplan and execution.

Snydertigersrul
01-14-2008, 12:58 AM

Is Wade Phillips your daddy

TexanFan4Life
01-14-2008, 01:01 AM

If coaches got fired every time their Offensive Line blocked poorly during one stretch of a game, we'd have a LOT of unemployed coaches out there.

TexanFan4Life
01-14-2008, 01:02 AM

No. He's making a well thought out argument instead of just spouting off at the mouth.

It's like your mouth is falling down the stairs.

mwynn05
01-14-2008, 01:42 AM
Is Wade Phillips your daddy no...its just that he has actually coached the game before which is more than you can say

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
No. He's making a well thought out argument instead of just spouting off at the mouth.

It's like your mouth is falling down the stairs. oh the irony

bobcat1
01-14-2008, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Dumb penalties killed us more than anything. Reeves face mask at the end of the 1st half hurt. Also Crayton dropped several key passes, one that he would have probably scored on! Another Roy Williams blown coverage. Reeves left his man to make the tackle on Williams man. :mad:

charlesrixey
01-14-2008, 08:04 AM

of course

that was horrible in the 4th

it really did pain me to watch

catgut
01-14-2008, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
I expected Wade to improve the defense more!

Didn't he call himself Mr. Fixit when he came there? IMO I felt all season long he was just along for the ride. You never saw him talking with anyone during the game. He just stood there and watched.

charlesrixey
01-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Garrett won't and shouldn't be fired

he is the main reason, not philips, that they won 13 games anyway

quite obvious that the defense underperformed

They should hire Schwartz from Tennessee or another defensive minded coach as the HC and let Garrett focus on the offense, or vice versa

Sweetwater Red
01-14-2008, 09:05 AM

He's not even the best WR on the Cowboys. That would be
Terry Glenn.

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2008, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Terry Glenn.

disagree bigtime...Glenn when healthy is greatness, but his lack of size compared to TO overrides him being faster than TO.

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 09:16 AM
Terry Glenn. You're right. That's why TO is a 1 and Glenn is a 2. What were they thinking.

Hill Man
01-14-2008, 09:25 AM

I disagree... Wade as not making the offensive calls, Garrett did. Garrett is a keeper but I it either was his play calling in the 4th going for the long ball or Romo’s audibles not concentrating on the short ones to combat the blitz since the OL was could not stop them..
The behemoths on the OL have a hard enough time stoping the DL and it got worse in the 4th, they looked tired.. throw in blizting LB and it got ugly fast.. Adams was the worse, he looked like a bull figher most of the 4th..
And don't blame the Defense for this loss.. yes they did have a couple miss cues but when it counted they made key stops especially in the last half of the 4th to give the offense a chance to win it.. twice.
Phillips is a good coach and so it Garrett.. Good year for the Cowboys compared to the last 10.. Let them build on it..

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Hill Man
IAnd don't blame the Defense for this loss.. yes they did have a couple miss cues but when it counted they made key stops especially in the last half of the 4th to give the offense a chance to win it.. twice.
Phillips is a good coach and so it Garrett.. Good year for the Cowboys compared to the last 10.. Let them build on it..

I blame the D for the last drive of first half..You have got the Giants on the ropes and all they have to do is make a stop..Heck I dont even mind a FG, but to give up a TD you allowed EVERY ounce of MO from the 20 play drive to be drained, and the Giants went in knowing they were still in the game

Sweetwater Red
01-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
You're right. That's why TO is a 1 and Glenn is a 2. What were they thinking.

I thought Glenn earned his paycheck and half of T.O.'s last year.
You can't deny that. Glenn would've done the same this year
if it weren't for his injury.

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 09:48 AM
I thought Glenn earned his paycheck and half of T.O.'s last year.
You can't deny that. Glenn would've done the same this year
if it weren't for his injury. I'm not an "if" guy. Fact of the matter is TO is a top 5 receiver in the league.

1. Randy Moss
2. Marvin Harrison
3. Terrell Owens
4. Chad Johnson
5a. Larry Fitzgerald
5b. Reggie Wayne

Daddy D 11
01-14-2008, 09:50 AM
I'm not an "if" guy. Fact of the matter is TO is a top 5 receiver in the league.

1. Randy Moss
2. Marvin Harrison
3. Terrell Owens
4. Chad Johnson
5a. Larry Fitzgerald
5b. Reggie Wayne

heck, didnt TO have a better year than Harrison? there is no denying it, TO is the best out there besides moss. and Moss has a god throwing to him so its comparable haha

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
heck, didnt TO have a better year than Harrison? there is no denying it, TO is the best out there besides moss. and Moss has a god throwing to him so its comparable haha Over a career harrison is bettter.

This years receiving yard leaders:
1. Reggie Wayne - 1510 yards
2. Randy Moss - 1493
3. Chad Johnson - 1440
4. Larry Fitzgerald - 1409
5. Terrell Owens - 1355

*Those stats are from the regular season.

Daddy D 11
01-14-2008, 09:59 AM
ah, i see. i didnt know wayne was that far up there

TexanFan4Life
01-14-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm not an "if" guy. Fact of the matter is TO is a top 5 receiver in the league.

1. Randy Moss
2. Marvin Harrison
3. Terrell Owens
4. Chad Johnson
5a. Larry Fitzgerald
5b. Reggie Wayne

Sure. Randy Moss is NOT the best WR in the league. He's toward the bottom of that list. I have my reasons, and if you'd like to hear them I'd be more than happy to share some knowledge.

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Sure. Randy Moss is NOT the best WR in the league. He's toward the bottom of that list. I have my reasons, and if you'd like to hear them I'd be more than happy to share some knowledge. Your crazy...please share.

Reason why he is...

2007/2008 season:
23 touchdowns
1493 yards
98 receptions

Career(10 season including 2007/2008):
12,193 yards
124 touchdowns
774 receptions

Averages Per Season(career - 10 seasons)
77.4 catches
12.4 touchdowns
1219.3 yards

TexanFan4Life
01-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Your crazy...please share.

Reason why he is...

2007/2008 season:
23 touchdowns
1493 yards
98 receptions

Career(10 season including 2007/2008):
12,193 yards
124 touchdowns
774 receptions

Averages Per Season(career - 10 seasons)
77.4 catches
12.4 touchdowns
1219.3 yards

I just think that Randy Moss is nothing more than an outfielder catching fly balls at this point in his career. You rarely see him sacrifice his body to go over the middle and make a play, or sell out to make a critical block for a teammate.

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 10:28 AM
I just think that Randy Moss is nothing more than an outfielder catching fly balls at this point in his career. You rarely see him sacrifice his body to go over the middle and make a play, or sell out to make a critical block for a teammate. How is that his fault? The coach calls those plays and he runs them.

TexanFan4Life
01-14-2008, 10:30 AM
How is that his fault? The coach calls those plays and he runs them.

Worst excuse ever. McDaniels doesn't tell Randy Moss to NOT block on a run play.

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Worst excuse ever. McDaniels doesn't tell Randy Moss to NOT block on a run play. I guess you aint watched many Patriot games this year. Randy blocks and has gone across the middle. Not an excuse but a fact. Randy doesn't design the packages the OC does and works randy into them.

TexanFan4Life
01-14-2008, 10:34 AM
I guess you aint watched many Patriot games this year. Randy blocks and has gone across the middle. Not an excuse but a fact. Randy doesn't design the packages the OC does and works randy into them.

I guess we can agree to disagree on this one.

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 10:34 AM
I guess we can agree to disagree on this one. How? Randy doesn't call plays. He runs the plays that are called. He has added the slant to his list of weapons.

TexanFan4Life
01-14-2008, 10:37 AM
How? Randy doesn't call plays. He runs the plays that are called. He has added the slant to his list of weapons.

Granted that he runs the plays that are called, but the end result is still the same....him catching a lot of deep balls and doing very little else.

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Granted that he runs the plays that are called, but the end result is still the same....him catching a lot of deep balls and doing very little else. Well that has made him into the best receiver in the league and is on his way to being on of the best of all time.;)

coach
01-14-2008, 10:40 AM
yea moss is one of the worst he only broke the single season td record set by jerry rice but what do i know

kaorder1999
01-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Randy Moss is a very good receiver. Place Jerry Rice in his prime in New England with Brady and everyone else around him in todays offensive schemes and I bet his numbers would have been even more amazing.

TexanFan4Life
01-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Well that has made him into the best receiver in the league and is on his way to being on of the best of all time.;)

Won't argue on the 'one of the best of all time', but he's certainly not the best current WR in the league.

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Randy Moss is a very good receiver. Place Jerry Rice in his prime in New England with Brady and everyone else around him in todays offensive schemes and I bet his numbers would have been even more amazing. Hard to tell. The west coast was revolutionary for it's time in San Fran. So IMO that's what made Jerry that much better. That was not a shot at Jerry but a fact.

kaorder1999
01-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Hard to tell. The west coast was revolutionary for it's time in San Fran. So IMO that's what made Jerry that much better. That was not a shot at Jerry but a fact.

you are right....San Fran was ahead of its time but the offense has still changed tremendously since then.

TexanFan4Life
Terrell Owens is the best WR in today's NFL.

Old Tiger
you are right....San Fran was ahead of its time but the offense has still changed tremendously since then. True. It'd be interesting to see that is for sure.

TexanFan4Life
01-14-2008, 10:51 AM
GoBlue - Way to ignore me halfway through the convo. Bottom line is Terrell Owens is twice the Receiver Randy Moss is. I'm not bashing Randy or his ability to look up and catch a deep pass :rolleyes: , but look at guys like Andre Johnson or Marvin Harrison...even Hines Ward, if you want to see 'complete' WRs, not just fly ball catchers.

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 10:54 AM
GoBlue - Way to ignore me halfway through the convo. Bottom line is Terrell Owens is twice the Receiver Randy Moss is. I'm not bashing Randy or his ability to look up and catch a deep pass :rolleyes: , but look at guys like Andre Johnson or Marvin Harrison...even Hines Ward, if you want to see 'complete' WRs, not just fly ball catchers. True they are more complete WR's but that does not make them the best.

kaorder1999
01-14-2008, 10:55 AM

:rolleyes: