PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale basketball fans......

HippoBaseball05
01-13-2008, 02:54 PM
What was the atmosphere like Friday night when y'all beat Taylor with their coach from last year?

Is his son still a baller? He was impressive last year when we played him at Taylor. I think he is a Sophomore this year.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-13-2008, 03:21 PM
It was Taylor's 6th Man vs. the Rockdale student section (no clever name that I know of, unfortunately), and it was a packed house and very loud. It was a great game to attend and a great game to play in I'm sure. Lance is a very smart and gifted basketball player, he learned from his father well. I will say that it was kind of trashy when Taylor's 6th Man was leaving the gym, shouting profanities and insults after the game, sore losers I guess.

HippoBaseball05
01-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Being from Hutto I guess it wouldn't be shocking to say that I'm not in the least bit surprised with any bad behavior from Taylor students.

Last year when they beat us at our place in OT to clinch a playoff spot, their A.D. and head football coach Rick Cobia led their student section onto our floor and were taunting our players.

Daddy D 11
01-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05
Being from Hutto I guess it wouldn't be shocking to say that I'm not in the least bit surprised with any bad behavior from Taylor students.

Last year when they beat us at our place in OT to clinch a playoff spot, their A.D. and head football coach Rick Cobia led their student section onto our floor and were taunting our players.
taylor does have some rough fans, but hutto isnt far behind :D

HippoBaseball05
01-13-2008, 08:54 PM
District 18-3A Standings for Fan Obnoxiousnicity:

1. Taylor
2. Cameron

3. Liberty Hill
4. Rockdale

5. Hutto

Dogman_1969
01-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
It was Taylor's 6th Man vs. the Rockdale student section (no clever name that I know of, unfortunately), and it was a packed house and very loud. It was a great game to attend and a great game to play in I'm sure. Lance is a very smart and gifted basketball player, he learned from his father well. I will say that it was kind of trashy when Taylor's 6th Man was leaving the gym, shouting profanities and insults after the game, sore losers I guess.

Hey BBDE...They call them the Rockdale Rowdies, I think. I think the Tiger Coach had a great game plan and forced the Ducks to do some things that they hadn't planned on. I also think that the Tigers are starting to mesh as a team now that they have played together some. They are young but seem not to be intimidated by anyone so far.

Good to see you and your Dad there. If possible make the drive to Yoetown Tuesday night........

Old Tiger
01-13-2008, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
It was Taylor's 6th Man vs. the Rockdale student section (no clever name that I know of, unfortunately), and it was a packed house and very loud. It was a great game to attend and a great game to play in I'm sure. Lance is a very smart and gifted basketball player, he learned from his father well. I will say that it was kind of trashy when Taylor's 6th Man was leaving the gym, shouting profanities and insults after the game, sore losers I guess. Was the atmosphere as good as it was when we were seniors?

sicem74
01-14-2008, 02:20 AM
Cameron number 2...........wow come on now.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Was the atmosphere as good as it was when we were seniors?

They are actually called the Rockdale Rowdies, I forgot about that, and I think the only time it was as good or better was when we played Hutto in Rockdale at the end of the year. Won't be able to make it to Cameron though, CS is not a long trip but I have things to do up here.

Daddy D 11
01-14-2008, 10:07 AM
so how crazy is the 6 in taylor? might make the trip over to taylor tommorow to watch the game

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
so how crazy is the 6 in taylor? might make the trip over to taylor tommorow to watch the game If I remember correctly they are quite lame.

Johnny Utah
01-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Congrats to the legend and his boys, another family member bites the dust. Go Tigers!!!

Daddy D 11
01-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
If I remember correctly they are quite lame.

everyone from taylor is. last year at the district track meet they started a fight with some LH football players. Apparently they were telling us that we were undeserving of our state championship and that they were going to 'stomp' us at our house next year :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

52-7:doh:

Old Tiger
01-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
everyone from taylor is. last year at the district track meet they started a fight with some LH football players. Apparently they were telling us that we were undeserving of our state championship and that they were going to 'stomp' us at our house next year :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

52-7:doh: Speaking of fights at track meet when I was a senior 6 dudes jumped 2 guys from Rockdale over a girl and the two guys from Rockdale beat that @$$. I remember it like it was 3 years ago.

Dogman_1969
01-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Not all of Taylor fans acted this way. There were several acts of great sportsmanship that I noticed last Friday night at Tiger gym.

Examples: - The big kid from Taylor put his arm around the Tiger coach on his way out of the locker room before the game and wished him good luck.
- Several of the players either shook hands with or wished the coach and players good luck on the game as well as the Taylor Coach shaking hands in pregame with the player and coach that was in Taylor last season.

I have noticed that most of the acts of unsportsmanship that occurs in High School Sports today is done by those not elligible to be on the team or those who are not willing to make the sacrifices to play. Examples of these are parents (including myself on more than one occasion, but trying to improve), ex players, and non-athletic kids who do not even compete.

I think that the Taylor Ducks played with class and should not get a bad wrap for unsportsmanship from the game I watched last Friday night.

Just my opinion.........

HippoBaseball05
01-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
Cameron number 2...........wow come on now.

......it came up heads when I flipped the quarter and Taylor got the nod.

The Taylor 6th man is pretty lame. They repeat the same smack over and over and over during a game. Not very original.

When Taylor wins, they are ruthless in rubbing it in. When they lose they are full of sour grapes and profanities.

Johnny Utah
01-14-2008, 04:09 PM
I seriously doubt if the Taylor bball coach has anything to do with bleacher creatures and profanity. He is a class act.