PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Badly.. or advice

CHS_CG
01-12-2008, 10:18 PM
My dog was playing today about 1:30PM and all of a sudden my dad comes in and says " I think your dog got hit by something shes got a cut above her eye and below her eye and her nose is bleeding" so I go out and look at her and sure enough there are spots of blood all over the porch and she had been rubbing her nose on her fur.. I called the vet they told me to put her in a small area where she couldnt get out and have her lay down.. that way her blood pressure and heartrate would slow down and she wouldnt be all hyped up and to give her cold water and I could try to put an ice pack on the bridge of her nose... well I did all that and just went to check on her again and her nose is still bleeding... its not like running out but its bad enough were you can tell if shes moving around.

My question is have any of you had this happen to a dog where their nose is bleeding. Google says that if her gums arent pale then she has not lost a lot of blood but even just the small amounts from 1:30pm to now... I am worried about her.. any suggestions?

Phil C
01-12-2008, 10:21 PM
I would call the vet again. Hopefully the dog will ok till you can get to the vet.

pirate4state
01-12-2008, 10:21 PM
is there an er clinic you could take her to?

is she freaking out or acting weird?

and to answer your question, no that has never happened to any of my dogs

STANG RED
01-12-2008, 10:26 PM
If she was hit by a car, I would be more concerned with internal injuries that you cant see, rather than a bloody nose that you can see. Get her to the vet! Is she using the bathroom? Check for blood in her stool and urine.

CHS_CG
01-12-2008, 10:32 PM
She is acting just fine, wagging her tail, licking us like always. She is drinking and kind of eating though she usually doesnt eat much when shes in the kennel. She let us old her nose and mouth open to check her gums and look to see if she was bleeding in her mouth. She is not limping or whinning.. shes acting just like Sadie just her nose is bleeding.

STANG RED
01-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
She is acting just fine, wagging her tail, licking us like always. She is drinking and kind of eating though she usually doesnt eat much when shes in the kennel. She let us old her nose and mouth open to check her gums and look to see if she was bleeding in her mouth. She is not limping or whinning.. shes acting just like Sadie just her nose is bleeding.

Prob OK then, just keep an eye on her. push on her ribs and stomach a little to make sure it doesnt make her cry. If not, she's prob fine.