PDA

View Full Version : Great 1975 Western BreakHeart Pass on tonight on Encore Westerns!

Phil C
01-12-2008, 09:45 PM
It starts at 1:45 A.M. so you may want to set those recorders. This movie stars Charles Bronson as Deakin, Ben Johnson as Marshall Pearce, Richard Crenna as Governor Fairchild, Jill Ireland (Bronson's real life wife) as Marcia, Charles Durning as O'Brien, Ed Lauter as Major Claremont, Robert Tessier as Calhoun (a bad guy) and Scott Newman (Paul's late son) as Rafferty.

Also are three great former athletes to keep an eye out for. Archie Moore plays Carlos. Moore was the light heavyweight boxing world champion in most of the 50s. Don't miss the great train fight between him and Bronson. A thriller indeed.

Joe Kapp plays Henry the steward (a bad guy). Kapp was a former great NFL qb who led Minnesota to their first super bowl. He was coach at California when they did that miracle play in 1982 to beat Stanford and John Elway on that famous last play kickoff return for a td.

Dough Atkins plays Jebbo who is one of Calhoun's men who goes with the Indians to attack the train. He was a great NFL defensive lineman and starred for the Chicago Beats in 1963 when they were NFL champions in pro football.

I am sure there are other times later this month when this movie will be shown so if you miss it tonight keep an eye on your tv guide for the Encore Western movies.

Enjoy! The movie is in beautiful color and the scenery is beautiful.

Phil C
06-21-2008, 08:59 PM
More good news. It will be shown again this coming Thursday (June 26, 2008) at 9:15 P.M. on the Encore Western Channel. This is a great movie. Don't miss it if you haven't seen it.

Phil C
06-22-2008, 08:51 PM
I didn't know but there are other great athletes in this movie. They all did a good job in their parts and this is a great movie and don't miss it if you haven't seen it.
Also in it is Casey Tibbs who plays Jackson the Train Driver and he does a good job in it. He was a former rodeo world champion six times in Saddle Bronc Riding and in 1951 and 1955 he was the world all-around champion cowboy.
Roy Jenson plays Chris Banion and I don't remember him in it but will watch out for him in this movie when I watch it again because I don't know what his character does in the movie. Roy was a football player for UCLA and played professionally in Canada.
Sally Kirkland who has appeared in many tv series and movies has a brief role as Jane-Marie in the first part of the movie. She was nominated for an oscar as best actress for her role in the 1988 movie Anna.
This movie was also Yakima Canutt's (famous Hollywood stuntman who also starred in several movies) last movie credit. He was the stuntman for Archie Moore in the train fight with Charles Bronson. He was a famous stuntman for years and was John Wayne's stuntman in many of the Duke's movies.

Phil C
06-23-2008, 09:59 AM
To enjoy the great soundtrack and see the beginning credits go to You Tube and put a Search on Breakheart Pass then clicik on the link that has Breakheart Pass (1975) Main Title. A great soundtrack will be enjoyed by you. And don't forget to watch the movie coming on the Encore Western Channel this Thursday at 9:15 P.M.

BwdLions
06-23-2008, 01:11 PM
I remember this movie. It's been a while since I've seen it, but it's a good one. I like Charles Bronson in anything. He was really good in The Magnificient Seven too.

Phil C
06-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Don't forget it is on tomorrow (Thursday) night.

AP Panther Fan
06-25-2008, 03:25 PM
LOL...I was starting to wonder if Phil C started the thread and was the only one to post on it...:D

Phil...how in the world do you remember all of this stuff? I can't even remember what I had for breakfast.;)

Phil C
06-26-2008, 09:25 AM
It is on tonight! :):clap:

Phil C
06-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
LOL...I was starting to wonder if Phil C started the thread and was the only one to post on it...:D

Phil...how in the world do you remember all of this stuff? I can't even remember what I had for breakfast.;)

I saw this movie when it came out in 1975.

Phil C
06-26-2008, 11:31 AM
If you miss it or can't watch it tonight be not discouraged. It will be repeated on this channel again in August on August 3, 2008 at 3:45 P.M. and again at 11:40 P.M. This is on a Sunday. You will have another chance on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 9:30 P.M. Great news indeed!

Phil C
06-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Another interesting note about Roy Jensen is that he was the first man to be beaten by Caine in the popular Kung ** series that started in 1972.

Phil C
06-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Another cast member is Rayford Barnes who plays Sergent Bellows. He was born in Whitesboro, Texas on October 23, 1920.

Phil C
06-27-2008, 09:41 AM
I watched it last night. Fortunately those that missed it still have the August chances. There was a mistake due to the advertisement by Encore. Casey Tibbs played Jackson the Fire man. He is the one who is asked at the first part of the movie at the train stop in Myrtle how long they will be there to get steam and he says about 20 to 30 minutes. Since this happens early in the movie it is not a spoiler but he is the one in the first part of the movie that falls off the train over a bridge.
Roy Jenson plays Chris Banion and he is the train driver.