PDA

View Full Version : Gunglinger is coming again on Encore Western Channel on Saturday, 1-19-08

Phil C
01-11-2008, 11:41 AM
at 9:50 A.M. This is a week from tomorrow. This 1956 Western directed by Roger Corman and starring Beverly Garland and John Ireland is in beautiful color and takes place at Oracle, Texas in 1878. It is an unusual western and not to be missed.
I saw it again the other night and it is great. It is also a very violent movie with lots of shooting and killing. Even an innocent mailman and poor old lady get shot and killed. So if you watch it hang onto your hats.

Phil C
01-11-2008, 04:43 PM
I really liked this movie a lot. Not as much as Dawn at Socorro but still very good.

STANG RED
01-11-2008, 04:47 PM
I dont know Phil. I think letting our children watch movies which have killings of innocent mailmen, little old ladies, and others are a terrible failing by us as a society.:p :D

Phil C
01-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I dont know Phil. I think letting our children watch movies which have killings of innocent mailmen, little old ladies, and others are a terrible failing by us as a society.:p :D

You are right. This is probably a great movie for adults but I saw it first when was about 7 and wasn't too tramatised. ;)

What is amazing is that this outstanding movie was filmed in 7 days!!!

Amazing indeed!! :eek:

Phil C
01-11-2008, 05:09 PM
The two top billed actors Beverly Garland and John Ireland had distinguished careers in the movies and television. Beverly Garland later became Fred MacMurray's wife in the tv series My Three Sons. John Ireland had won an oscar nomination as best supporting actor for 1949's All the King's Men and was in the Kirk Douglas movie Spartacus.

Phil C
01-11-2008, 05:12 PM
A word of caution. This movie is violent and very orignal especially considering it was made in 1956. In the first few minutes of the movie Beverly Garland's sherriff husband is shot in the back through a window. Garland graps his rifle and shoots the killer. The man with the killer gets away. The next morning at the sheriff's funeral a shocking event occurs as Garland shoots the other killer at the funeral. :eek:

Then she gets appointed temporary sheriff and more action and plot follows. A treat indeed but this movie is not for the faint hearted even though it was made in 1956.