PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Owens says.............

SintonFan_inAustin
01-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Get your http://www.cof-online.co.uk/images/smiles/happy1.gif ready http://www.cof-online.co.uk/images/smiles/icon_cheers.gif

JHS_c/o_06'
01-10-2008, 08:10 PM
YYYEEEEEEEAAHHHHHHHHH BOY

I can't wait

JasperDog94
01-10-2008, 08:29 PM
I sure hope he's ready.

lostaussie
01-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I sure hope he's ready. he better be. it's embarassing to lose the last game of the weekend.............seems like the whole country is watching.

SintonFan
01-10-2008, 09:53 PM
GOOOOOOOOO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

FutureAD
01-11-2008, 01:38 AM
lets hope the boys pull through...GO COWBOYS!!!!:clap:

STANG RED
01-11-2008, 08:49 AM
T.O. and the rest of the boys O will have to perform well to win, but the main key to winning is going to be whether or not the D line is able to put lots of pressure on Eli Manning. The way he has been playing of late, they cant allow him to get comfortable back there or he'll kill the secondary.

SpeedOption
01-11-2008, 10:07 AM
The Boys return to form this week with a big win.

crzyjournalist03
01-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
T.O. and the rest of the boys O will have to perform well to win, but the main key to winning is going to be whether or not the D line is able to put lots of pressure on Eli Manning. The way he has been playing of late, they cant allow him to get comfortable back there or he'll kill the secondary.

I honestly don't think I've ever watched a Giants game and thought, "Wow...when Eli has time, he's incredible"...I've seen plenty of "Wow...he's not half-bad" moments, but even in their recent games where the media has been raving, he's been a little overrated.

Sweetwater Red
01-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I honestly don't think I've ever watched a Giants game and thought, "Wow...when Eli has time, he's incredible"...I've seen plenty of "Wow...he's not half-bad" moments, but even in their recent games where the media has been raving, he's been a little overrated.

Like Howie Long saying "It was like watching Eli blossom before
our eyes"? He said this in reference to the Patriot game.:thinking: :rolleyes:

pirate4state
01-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Did any of you catch all the snide comments that Strahan and a few other Giants were saying yesterday or maybe it was Wednesday? Anyway....talking about how the Cowboys have 21 pro bowl players on the team hahahaha --- yeah, they sound real scared!! :p

I hope the Cowboys beat the crap out of the Giants. Half the ESPN/HBO dudes are picking NY to win, what more do they want? They act like everyone is saying they have no chance against Dallas. :bigcry:

crzyjournalist03
01-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Did any of you catch all the snide comments that Strahan and a few other Giants were saying yesterday or maybe it was Wednesday? Anyway....talking about how the Cowboys have 21 pro bowl players on the team hahahaha --- yeah, they sound real scared!! :p

I hope the Cowboys beat the crap out of the Giants. Half the ESPN/HBO dudes are picking NY to win, what more do they want? They act like everyone is saying they have no chance against Dallas. :bigcry:

well, most of those guys that are picking the Giants are doing it admittedly only because it's a "wow" pick, and if it sticks, they look a lot smarter than most other people.

The problem they run into is when everybody wants to pick the same shock-value pick, they don't look so impressive!

AP Panther Fan
01-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Half the ESPN/HBO dudes are picking NY to win, what more do they want? They act like everyone is saying they have no chance against Dallas. :bigcry:

Yep, I was watching ESPN yesterday evening and only about 58% on their SportsNation were picking the Cowboys to win. They also showed that 78% were picking Green Bay in their game.

I hope the Cowboys prove the 42% of non-believers very wrong.

crzyjournalist03
01-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Yep, I was watching ESPN yesterday evening and only about 58% on their SportsNation were picking the Cowboys to win. They also showed that 78% were picking Green Bay in their game.

I hope the Cowboys prove the 42% of non-believers very wrong.

There are a lot of Northeast fans who watch ESPN a lot...that's why they do so much coverage of the Pats, Yankees, Red Sox, Knicks, et al.

pirate4state
01-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Something from SI.extra via email

For those of you looking for the Chargers or Jaguars to pull an upset this weekend, well, Peter King doesn't see it. "What a game this would be with line-altering Jags defensive tackles Marcus Stroud (on IR) and John Henderson (hamstring strain) healthy," says King. "But the Jaguars will have to scotch-tape their defensive front together; middle linebacker Mike Peterson is gone due to injury too. And now comes word that nose tackle Grady Jackson missed practice on Wednesday with a bad knee, and he's the run-stopping insurance policy for Stroud and Henderson. Bad, bad omen." Tomorrow King likes the Patriots to beat the Jags 37-20 (CBS, 8 p.m. ET) and also picks the Packers over the Seahawks 23-20 (Fox, 4:30 p.m. ET). On Sunday King picks the Colts over San Diego 27-22 (CBS, 1 p.m. ET). As for Sunday's Jessica Simpson Bowl (Giants-Cowboys), King says the NFC matchup (Fox, 4:30 p.m. ET) has the best upset potential of the weekend. "While we prattle on endlessly about Terrell Owens' bum leg and Tony Romo's travel habits and Eli Manning's (left) sudden striking imitation of his older brother, we miss the real story of this game: Marion Barber." If Barber carries the ball somewhere in the twenties, King says that's the best chance for Dallas to win and advance. His call? Cowboys 19, Giants 13..

:thinking: Jessica Simpson Bowl? :rolleyes: Please GMAB!

boudreaux
01-11-2008, 12:57 PM
And Peter King said there were not gonna fire Billick in Baltimore.

crzyjournalist03
01-11-2008, 02:42 PM

For those of you looking for the Chargers or Jaguars to pull an upset this weekend, well, Peter King doesn't see it. "What a game this would be with line-altering Jags defensive tackles Marcus Stroud (on IR) and John Henderson (hamstring strain) healthy," says King. "But the Jaguars will have to scotch-tape their defensive front together; middle linebacker Mike Peterson is gone due to injury too. And now comes word that nose tackle Grady Jackson missed practice on Wednesday with a bad knee, and he's the run-stopping insurance policy for Stroud and Henderson. Bad, bad omen." Tomorrow King likes the Patriots to beat the Jags 37-20 (CBS, 8 p.m. ET) and also picks the Packers over the Seahawks 23-20 (Fox, 4:30 p.m. ET). On Sunday King picks the Colts over San Diego 27-22 (CBS, 1 p.m. ET). As for Sunday's Jessica Simpson Bowl (Giants-Cowboys), King says the NFC matchup (Fox, 4:30 p.m. ET) has the best upset potential of the weekend. "While we prattle on endlessly about Terrell Owens' bum leg and Tony Romo's travel habits and Eli Manning's (left) sudden striking imitation of his older brother, we miss the real story of this game: Marion Barber." If Barber carries the ball somewhere in the twenties, King says that's the best chance for Dallas to win and advance. His call? Cowboys 19, Giants 13..

:thinking: Jessica Simpson Bowl? :rolleyes: Please GMAB!

19-13??? What kind of defenses do he thinks these teams have?

four field goals an a touchdown for Dallas and two field goals and a touchdown for the Giants?

Try four touchdowns and a field goal for Dallas and two touchdowns and a field goal for the Giants, and maybe I'll believe it.

AP Panther Fan
01-11-2008, 03:17 PM

we miss the real story of this game: Marion Barber." If Barber carries the ball somewhere in the twenties, King says that's the best chance for Dallas to win and advance. His call? Cowboys 19, Giants 13..

I like this part of what he says, being a big Marion Barber fan... :cool:

but, I think what scares me the most is the unpredictability of Tony Romo...Heaven help us if he has one of those days where the only numbers he is hitting is on the uniforms of the Giants defense...:doh:

STANG RED
01-11-2008, 03:31 PM

I never said Eli was incredible! I only said he is playing very well as of late. And considering the cowboys have played like crap of late, and especially the secondary has played like extra stinky crap, if they give Eli enough time, he will kill them. It's not profound and its not earth shattering news, but its dang sure 100% the truth. The boys better play a whole lot better as a team all the way around, or their going to get their butts beat. Plain and simple as that!

trojan37
01-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Owens practiced again today, and says he WILL PLAY on Sunday. To what extent, they aren't sure yet. If he gets on the field, it changes the whole tone of the game. I think he'll draw a lot of double coverage and free up some other guys underneath.

See ya Sunday! (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/cowboys/2008-01-11-owens-injury_N.htm?csp=34)

piratebg
01-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Cowboys are back to full strength with a healthy TO and Terry Glenn for the first time since last year. I'm ready for Sunday. Go Cowboys!!!

trojan37
01-11-2008, 04:56 PM
It's on like DONKEY KONG now! The Cowboys will be pumped, and Manning will be ELIing on his back all day, looking through the hole in Texas Stadium!

eagles_victory
01-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I never said Eli was incredible! I only said he is playing very well as of late. And considering the cowboys have played like crap of late, and especially the secondary has played like extra stinky crap, if they give Eli enough time, he will kill them. It's not profound and its not earth shattering news, but its dang sure 100% the truth. The boys better play a whole lot better as a team all the way around, or their going to get their butts beat. Plain and simple as that! he threw a huge int when it mattered against the Pats that ended there chances of getting a win. He had a good game last week against the below average Bucs. I wouldnt say he is playing outstanding or anything

crzyjournalist03
01-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
he threw a huge int when it mattered against the Pats that ended there chances of getting a win. He had a good game last week against the below average Bucs. I wouldnt say he is playing outstanding or anything

and they lost something like 3 of their last four heading into the playoffs...

SintonFan_inAustin
01-11-2008, 07:26 PM
and they lost something like 3 of their last four heading into the playoffs... ROFL.... and ESPN and HBO considered that a team that is rolling ROFL:doh:

JHS_c/o_06'
01-11-2008, 10:49 PM
im going tomorrow to buy a econo size thing of popcorn so i can have it on hand and ready through the super bowl.

SNYDER325TIGERS
01-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Get your http://www.cof-online.co.uk/images/smiles/happy1.gif ready http://www.cof-online.co.uk/images/smiles/icon_cheers.gif

HAHA, He means get ready to watch em' lose

STANG RED
01-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
he threw a huge int when it mattered against the Pats that ended there chances of getting a win. He had a good game last week against the below average Bucs. I wouldnt say he is playing outstanding or anything

So he threw an int and lost a close game to the best team in the NFL who were doing everything in their power to win and get the perfect season. But yeah your right, hes a peice of crap and the boys dont need to be concerned in the least about him. After all, Romo and the boys have all been playing so well lately, I'm sure all they will have to do is just show up and collect the trophy from those helpless Giants.:rolleyes:
I think the Cowboys can and will win, but anybody that thinks it's going to be easy is a fool.

piratebg
01-12-2008, 01:49 PM
1 MORE DAY BABY!!!

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc120/anthonyaudrey/dallas-cowboys.jpg

Txbroadcaster
01-12-2008, 01:50 PM
and they lost something like 3 of their last four heading into the playoffs...

3-2 in their last 5..4-2 counting play-off win

Dallas..3-2 in last 5 games

zebrablue2
01-12-2008, 02:00 PM
eli will be our best friend on sunday. cowboys by 2 tds.

piratebg
01-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Eli is every teams best friend 90% of the time. :D

Rocket Dad
01-12-2008, 02:40 PM
I'll be rooting against the Cowboys no matter who they play. I can't support them because of the way they have allowed one of the most storied pro teams go from a solid organization (Tom Landry years) to one where integrity and discipline within the franchise is an afterthought as long as they win games. I know that pro football is a business, but others do it with more class and good old fashioned work than the Cowboys.

Txbroadcaster
01-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
I'll be rooting against the Cowboys no matter who they play. I can't support them because of the way they have allowed one of the most storied pro teams go from a solid organization (Tom Landry years) to one where integrity and discipline within the franchise is an afterthought as long as they win games. I know that pro football is a business, but others do it with more class and good old fashioned work than the Cowboys.

You mean like How Tom Landry allowed the likes of Duane Thomas, Thomas Hollywood Hendeson. Rafel Septian, Bob Hayes to play when they had problems?

PLayers are human they make stupid mistakes, Teams will allow the ones who can play to have multiple chances, does not matter the era

JasperDog94
01-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
I'll be rooting against the Cowboys no matter who they play. I can't support them because of the way they have allowed one of the most storied pro teams go from a solid organization (Tom Landry years) to one where integrity and discipline within the franchise is an afterthought as long as they win games. I know that pro football is a business, but others do it with more class and good old fashioned work than the Cowboys. Then you must root against every team because every team in the NFL puts winning 1st. I'm not excusing it, but that's the way it is.