PDA

View Full Version : Does Having 2 athletic TE's make your offense more dynamic?

TexanFan4Life
01-09-2008, 03:23 PM
I was talking with one of my friends yesterday and said it would be nice if the Texans drafted an athletic TE like Finley or Bennett if they slipped far enough in the draft. I made the point that, paired with Owen Daniels, it would give the Texan offense another athletic playmaker who could be put in the slot on occasion and perhaps as a decoy in certain situations. My entire thing was that it would give the offense the ability to do more things and become more creative. He was basically saying that an athletic, playmaking TE like Bennett or Finley would only limit the production of our other playmakers.

I'm not limiting this conversation to the Texans, but I just want to know, in a general sense, how some of you feel about this (on any level of football).

Adidas410s
01-09-2008, 03:24 PM
You can never have too many playmakers...you CAN have too many conflicting personalities. As long as the players mesh well together and aren't worried about their press clippings...take on all the talent you can! :)

TexanFan4Life
01-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
You can never have too many playmakers...you CAN have too many conflicting personalities. As long as the players mesh well together and aren't worried about their press clippings...take on all the talent you can! :)

That's one thing I pointed out. My biggest point was concerning the flexibility it would give your offense.

big daddy russ
01-09-2008, 03:27 PM
I don't know if Bennett's cut out to be a slot WR, but Finley could probably pull it off. I also think it depends on what kind of offense you're running. If you're a three yards and a cloud of dust-type of offense, there's nothing wrong with having two TE's who can make plays. With the Texans, though, their needs are elsewhere along the line.

TexanFan4Life
01-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I don't know if Bennett's cut out to be a slot WR, but Finley could probably pull it off. I also think it depends on what kind of offense you're running. If you're a three yards and a cloud of dust-type of offense, there's nothing wrong with having two TE's who can make plays. With the Texans, though, their needs are elsewhere along the line.

I'm not talking about moving to the slot permanently...just having the ability to play there every now and then. I know the needs are elsewhere, but it'd be interesting to say the least, to see what kinds of different things we could do with a guy like that, added to Daniels.