PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods

Buccaneer
01-09-2008, 02:45 PM
NEW YORK (AFP) - Tiger Woods saw no insult or ill will in a television commentator's comment that any golfer trying to test him might have to "lynch him in a back alley", Woods' agent said in a statement.

The Golf Channel's Kelly Tilghman made the comment during coverage of the US PGA Tour season-opening event in Hawaii on Friday while joking with English analyst Nick Faldo about Woods, who was not playing at the tournament.

Mark Steinberg, Woods' agent, issued a statement declaring the uproar regarding lynching and the first black golfer to win a major title was not a major concern.

"This story is a non-issue," Steinberg said. "Tiger and Kelly are friends and Tiger has a great deal of respect for Kelly. Regardless of the choice of words used we know unequivocally that there was no ill-intent in her comments.

"This story is a non-issue in our eyes. Case closed."

Tilghman said Tuesday in a statement that she meant no insult to Woods or offense to viewers.

"On Friday during our golf broadcast, Nick Faldo and I were discussing Tiger's dominance in the golf world and I used some poorly chosen words," she said.

"I have known Tiger for 12 years and I have apologized directly to him. I also apologize to our viewers who may have been offended by my comments

themsu97
01-09-2008, 02:48 PM
why is this even a story or an issue... because she is correct... maybe even break a few fingers while they are at it

TexanFan4Life
01-09-2008, 02:53 PM
That's ridiculous. Some people are so sensitive and blow things way out of proportion.

Ranger Mom
01-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
That's ridiculous. Some people are so sensitive and blow things way out of proportion.

Big time!! I am sick of walking on eggshells for the fear of offending someone!!

I have tried being "PC"...it just isn't in my genetic makeup!!:D

bobcat1
01-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Big time!! I am sick of walking on eggshells for the fear of offending someone!!

I have tried being "PC"...it just isn't in my genetic makeup!!:D I Know. right! PC doesn't work at my house.