PDA

View Full Version : If You Want To Know How To Build And Sustain A Winning College Football Program...

TexanFan4Life
01-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Look at the Wake Forest Demon Deacons.

He is proof that the key to laying the foundation for sustained success is to have a patient Athletic Director. Most AD's would have fired Grobe after 2 or 3 seasons for not getting on top. But Grobe went into Wake Forest in 2000 and redshirted young, promising players in order for them to develop both mentally and physically. The result was mediocrity over the first 4 years of his tenure at WF, but now the foundation has been set, he's got his own players coming through the system, the AD is familiar with his gameplan, and Wake Forest is on the path to better things.

I posted this because I'm really impressed with what Coach Grobe has done at Wake Forest and I think it just goes to show you that a little bit of patience right now can pay off tremndously in the future.

mwynn05
01-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
Look at the Wake Forest Demon Deacons.

He is proof that the key to laying the foundation for sustained success is to have a patient Athletic Director. Most AD's would have fired Grobe after 2 or 3 seasons for not getting on top. But Grobe went into Wake Forest in 2000 and redshirted young, promising players in order for them to develop both mentally and physically. The result was mediocrity over the first 4 years of his tenure at WF, but now the foundation has been set, he's got his own players coming through the system, the AD is familiar with his gameplan, and Wake Forest is on the path to better things.

I posted this because I'm really impressed with what Coach Grobe has done at Wake Forest and I think it just goes to show you that a little bit of patience right now can pay off tremndously in the future. thay have been good for 2 years that is not sustained

TexanFan4Life
01-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
thay have been good for 2 years that is not sustained

stay tuned. part of the point is that he's spent his first 4 seasons redshirting and building the foundation of his program for years to come.

mwynn05
01-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
stay tuned. part of the point is that he's spent his first 4 seasons redshirting and building the foundation of his program for years to come. but you said he has sustained...which he hasn't done yet...

TexanFan4Life
01-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
but you said he has sustained...which he hasn't done yet...

true. I guess I'm speculating a bit about Grobe's future success, but all indications point in that direction.