PDA

View Full Version : Good bye USC...Hello Arthur Blank?

Sweetwater Red
01-09-2008, 01:05 PM
My thought...don't do it.:thinking:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3188045

TexanFan4Life
01-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
My thought...don't do it.:thinking:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3188045

My personal opinion is that it would take 50% ownership of the Falcons and Arthur Blank's right arm for Pete Carroll to leave USC. He's got a good thing going in Los Angeles. He IS the football team. Leaving for Atlanta and that messy situation, only to get canned in 3 years, wouldn't serve him well.

I applaud coaches that turn down seemingly lucrative offers to leave a certain place. Jim Grobe did it...Randy Edsall did it. There's nothing wrong with wanting to stay at a place where you and your family feel comfortable and at a place where you have a strong connection with alumni and the community.

iknoweverything
01-09-2008, 01:50 PM
please please please dont do this

Panther One
01-09-2008, 02:13 PM
If Carroll leaves, Rick Neuheisel is the luckiest SOB in America. I figure with him taking over at UCLA, he'll challenge Carroll for recruits unlike anyone has ever done in SoCal. If Carroll leaves, UCLA just might take over the reigns and become the next LA football factory.

iknoweverything
01-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
If Carroll leaves, Rick Neuheisel is the luckiest SOB in America. I figure with him taking over at UCLA, he'll challenge Carroll for recruits unlike anyone has ever done in SoCal. If Carroll leaves, UCLA just might take over the reigns and become the next LA football factory.

this is true it just might take a few years for all of carrols recruits to leave. I just dont see him leaving a dream job in college for a horrible situation in the pros.

TexanFan4Life
01-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by iknoweverything
I just dont see him leaving a dream job in college for a horrible situation in the pros.

Obvious Statement

Sorry ikeverything, had to give you a hard time on that one.

It's a moot point anyway, even if Carroll stays Aundre Dean's about to start running all over him when he gets to UCLA.

iknoweverything
01-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
Obvious Statement

Sorry ikeverything, had to give you a hard time on that one.

It's a moot point anyway, even if Carroll stays Aundre Dean's about to start running all over him when he gets to UCLA.

haha thats a good one. Someone run over usc with the front 4 they have year in year out

TexanFan4Life
01-09-2008, 02:47 PM
haha thats a good one. Someone run over usc with the front 4 they have year in year out

You're right. Because Stanford didn't do it....

eagles_victory
01-09-2008, 03:04 PM
You're right. Because Stanford didn't do it.... That was one fluke game and they didnt actually run over them more like a couple fluke passes.

big daddy russ
01-09-2008, 03:10 PM
It would be another situation like he had with the Jets. If he didn't take any of the other jobs (which seemed to be better opportunities), I don't know if he'd go after this one. Carroll may be using this as leverage for a better contract. If Nick Saban's getting paid $4M per, there's no reason Carroll shouldn't be making more.

TexanFan4Life
01-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
That was one fluke game and they didnt actually run over them more like a couple fluke passes.

Sure. You're basically saying Stanford didn't deserve to win. Riiiight.

If teams play USC and aren't intimidated, they have a chance. Too often, teams play USC with their tails between their legs because of their recent successes. Stanford went out, played their game and came away with a hard fought win.

Phil C
01-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Probably Pete just wants USC to pay him more money.

iknoweverything
01-09-2008, 03:27 PM
have you seen the guys usc has on their sidellines? id be scared too

TexanFan4Life
01-09-2008, 03:29 PM
have you seen the guys usc has on their sidellines? id be scared too

Yeah well, as a football team/coach you can't worry about the size of players. Fresno State took them to the wire a few years ago because they weren't afraid. They simply went to LA and played their game. They didn't worry too much about coming up with creative ways to stop USC defensively. Too many teams try and devise a different gameplan specifically for USC. As a result, they wind up playing not to lose, instead of playing to win.

eagles_victory
01-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Sure. You're basically saying Stanford didn't deserve to win. Riiiight.

If teams play USC and aren't intimidated, they have a chance. Too often, teams play USC with their tails between their legs because of their recent successes. Stanford went out, played their game and came away with a hard fought win. No you said your boyfriend (Dean from Katy) was going to run all over USC like Stanford did. Stanford rushed for 86 yards during the game thats really running all over them. USC outgained Stanford 459 to 235 again not so much running over someone. The 5 turnovers of USC vs the 1 of Stanford was the turning point. Saying someone ran all over someone refers to dominance and this is very far from dominance.

TexanFan4Life
01-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
No you said your boyfriend (Dean from Katy) was going to run all over USC like Stanford did. Stanford rushed for 86 yards during the game thats really running all over them. USC outgained Stanford 459 to 235 again not so much running over someone. The 5 turnovers of USC vs the 1 of Stanford was the turning point. Saying someone ran all over someone refers to dominance and this is very far from dominance.

They still got the W. I can have an opinion that Dean will run all over USC. I might be wrong...but then again, I might be right.

By saying that Stanford ran all over USC, I was referring to the fact that they had the better game than USC and came away victorious. It's rare that teams like Stanford upset teams like USC, so I was excited when Stanford pulled it off. The term "ran all over" wasn't solely a reference to the ground game of the Cardinal.

iknoweverything
01-09-2008, 03:43 PM
They still got the W. I can have an opinion that Dean will run all over USC. I might be wrong...but then again, I might be right.

By saying that Stanford ran all over USC, I was referring to the fact that they had the better game than USC and came away victorious. It's rare that teams like Stanford upset teams like USC, so I was excited when Stanford pulled it off. The term "ran all over" wasn't solely a reference to the ground game of the Cardinal.

he wont dont worry. hes at ucla they are USC. Two different levels/ and please dont say they beat them two years ago, they are stil on different levels

TexanFan4Life
01-09-2008, 04:01 PM
he wont dont worry. hes at ucla they are USC. Two different levels/ and please dont say they beat them two years ago, they are stil on different levels

Can we get this man a name change please? I mentoned that FSU beat them a few years ago, not UCLA. You are THE most arrogant poster I have come across on these boards. You say everything as if you are correct...as if you are the sole authority on accuracy. I'd have no problem if you opened things up for debate sometimes, but I guess you're too good for that.

Phil C
01-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Did you know that the great actor John Wayne played football for USC?

Sweetwater Red
01-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Did you know that the great actor John Wayne played football for USC?

John Wayne didn't play for USC. Marion Morrison did.:D

iknoweverything
01-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Can we get this man a name change please? I mentoned that FSU beat them a few years ago, not UCLA. You are THE most arrogant poster I have come across on these boards. You say everything as if you are correct...as if you are the sole authority on accuracy. I'd have no problem if you opened things up for debate sometimes, but I guess you're too good for that.

finally someone who gets me

Phil C
01-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
John Wayne didn't play for USC. Marion Morrison did.:D

:D

pirate4state
01-09-2008, 04:52 PM
finally someone who gets me

HAHAHAHAHAHA

TexanFan4Life
01-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Arthur Blank is expected to offer Pete Carroll full control of Football Operations when they meet today.