PDA

View Full Version : high school student sentenced in cafeteria fight.....wait for it.....

jason
01-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Man sentenced in school cafeteria fight

Ashon Jones has admitted he kicked a fellow Northampton Area High School student in the head during a melee in the school cafeteria. Jones, (who is) 20 (years of age), of 105 W. Northampton St., Bath, pleaded guilty Monday to simple assault. A charge of aggravated assault was dropped as part of a plea bargain.

Judge Stephen G. Baratta sentenced Jones to serve one month to one year in the county prison. The judge further ordered that Jones obtain a GED and get a full-time job if he opts not to further his education.

Assistant District Attorney John L. Obrecht said Jones initially was not involved in the fight Nov. 9, 2006.

According to court records, Justin Kocsis told police he had been punched and kicked and had his head slammed against a table. School security officer Mark Marino told police a review of a video tape showed that Rafael Fonseca, 17, and Pleasant Burns, 16, attacked Kocsis. Jones walked to the fight and while Kocsis was on the floor kicked him in the face.

Burns and Fonseca were charged as juveniles with aggravated assault, simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct. Their cases were disposed of through the equivalent of guilty pleas to conspiracy to commit aggravated assault, and they were placed on probation.

LINK (http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-jones-01082008-cn,0,7365161.story?coll=all_tab01_layout)

Phil C
01-09-2008, 11:29 AM
I wonder why he wasn't just getting his GED at that age.

Phil C
01-09-2008, 11:30 AM
I have known some people who dropped out of high school but later got the GED and went to college and graduated.

crzyjournalist03
01-09-2008, 11:34 AM
sorry to burst the bubble, but if the guy is now 20, it's entirely possible he was 18 when the fight occured...it was in November of 2006, so if he had his 20th birthday in November, December, or this month, he would have been 18 when this originally happened.

NastySlot
01-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I have known some people who dropped out of high school but later got the GED and went to college and graduated.

I have also....but I bet the people you and I knew weren't worthless pieces of **** like this guy was.....20 years old still in high school.........the dumb A $ $ district should have kicked him out along time ago..............look for a lawsuit.

King_LeYoeNidas
01-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
I have also....but I bet the people you and I knew weren't worthless pieces of **** like this guy was.....20 years old still in high school.........the dumb A $ $ district should have kicked him out along time ago..............look for a lawsuit.

Dude seriously....can you not read?

http://www.reelfilm.com/images/bigdaddy.jpg
"Heep-hop-o-non-ah-maas?"

waterboy
01-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Not much of a man to get involved in the fight after the man is already down ..... and kicking him in the face? That's just plain sorry.

NastySlot
01-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
Dude seriously....can you not read?

http://www.reelfilm.com/images/bigdaddy.jpg
"Heep-hop-o-non-ah-maas?"

sure i read a little.......must have missed something....like the age at time....of fight?.....what was it?