PDA

View Full Version : Data Poll ???

bulldog65
10-09-2002, 03:56 PM
I just checked out this site. I know how polls and opinions are " they are like rearends, everybody has one." But Jeeeez! Everman #28, Kennedale #33, Wilmer-Hutchins #34, Bridgeport #40. All behind teams with two losses, Rice Consolidated, Gatesville, Gilmer, Abilene Wylie, Commerce, Sweetwater, Marlin, and Atlanta? Gimme a break! What has this guy been smoking?

PPHSfan
10-09-2002, 05:29 PM
Bulldog, if you read at the bottom of the Data Poll page you will see how the determinations are made. The entire poll is done with mathematical formulas and win loss ratios over the past two years. There is no heart involved in the picks at all. That is what is kinda neat about the Data Poll. It has NO opinions. It always looks a little weird in the first five weeks because of all the lopsided play, but it gets real close to being accurate as the season progresses. Give it a chance.

bulldog65
10-09-2002, 06:01 PM
Thanks PPHSfan, I read the formula, looks more like smoke & mirrors to me, I won't pretend to understand it. I was just in shock that Everman wasn't in the top 25 after losing to a very good Kennedale team.

DogDoc
10-09-2002, 06:07 PM
The data poll is a strange one 65 last year Everman never got past #17