PDA

View Full Version : Calling All 1310 "The Ticket" P1s!!!

BullFrog Dad
01-09-2008, 10:26 AM
I must have missed it but did the Ticket ever say what the deal is on Greg "The Hammer" Williams?

kaorder1999
01-09-2008, 10:29 AM
He has been permanantly terminated and his attorney's have filed a cease and desist order agains the station forbidding them to use his name, likeness or voice ever again on the Ticket.

Macarthur
01-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Yeah, he was abusing drugs and it affected him on air.

Adidas410s
01-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
He has been permanantly terminated and his attorney's have filed a cease and desist order agains the station forbidding them to use his name, likeness or voice ever again on the Ticket.
Was this ever mentioned on air??? I know guys have tip-toed around the issue for a while now.

Here's an article that came out in late November...

http://dallasobserver.com/2007-11-22/news/hammered/

kaorder1999
01-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Was this ever mentioned on air??? I know guys have tip-toed around the issue for a while now.

Here's an article that came out in late November...

http://dallasobserver.com/2007-11-22/news/hammered/

yes. It was talked about on the air and Rhyner and Corby said that they were not aloud to say HIS same anymore (of course didnt say Greggo) and they had to pull all commercials and drops with his name in it or his voice.

Adidas410s
01-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
yes. It was talked about on the air and Rhyner and Corby said that they were not aloud to say HIS same anymore (of course didnt say Greggo) and they had to pull all commercials and drops with his name in it or his voice.
Oh ok...must have missed that since I tend to hop back and forth between 1310 and 103.3

crzyjournalist03
01-09-2008, 11:18 AM
what is a P1???

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
what is a P1???

Wow u dont know that?

When you fill out the ratings book you list how much u listen to a station

p1 means you listen all the time..p2 alot but not all the time and so on

crzyjournalist03
01-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Wow u dont know that?

When you fill out the ratings book you list how much u listen to a station

p1 means you listen all the time..p2 alot but not all the time and so on

well I knew the technical term, I just didn't realize that the Ticket used it when talking to listeners...I figured it was an inside joke of some sort.

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2008, 11:31 AM
well I knew the technical term, I just didn't realize that the Ticket used it when talking to listeners...I figured it was an inside joke of some sort.

yea they went with it from day one mainly because the advisors told them not to lol

Adidas410s
01-09-2008, 11:33 AM
It pretty much is. And yes...I think it's a pretty dumb term! :eek: :eek: :eek:

ps - I do enjoy listening to Norm and the Hardline

Adidas410s
01-09-2008, 11:38 AM
also...I happened to be on 820AM this morning (by accident) and Hal Jay mentioned that Greggo might be taking a job up in Denver soon...

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
also...I happened to be on 820AM this morning (by accident) and Hal Jay mentioned that Greggo might be taking a job up in Denver soon...

If true, I think a good thing, he needs to get out of DFW market because IMO his on air rep is ruined at the moment, and I dont think alot of other radio people trust him

slpybear the bullfan
01-09-2008, 02:06 PM
With the Hammer getting the axe, so have at HALF of the drops...

There was one day on the air that Cobra and the OG Wolf explained everything. One of the most interesting segments in quite some time. Now we are all in holding pattern to see what the new lineup will be on the hardline.

There is supposed to be a major announcement tomorrow... I think at 10 or 11am.

P1D1 - slpybear

Adidas410s
01-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
With the Hammer getting the axe, so have at HALF of the drops...

There was one day on the air that Cobra and the OG Wolf explained everything. One of the most interesting segments in quite some time. Now we are all in holding pattern to see what the new lineup will be on the hardline.

There is supposed to be a major announcement tomorrow... I think at 10 or 11am.

P1D1 - slpybear
yeah it's supposed to be tmrw at 11:10. I have a feeling they'll give an announcement on TicketStock. We'll find out that Petty Theft is playing (likely) and Nolan Ryan will be one of the celebs doing free autographs (guaranteed). Then again...it could be some programming shifts.