PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill is #2

BobcatBenny
01-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Thought that would get your attention! :D

FootballPower.tv's National Top 10 for Midsized High Schools (http://www.youtube.com/v/cW9bZLWxl0o&rel=1)

Turns out that Liberty Hill is #2

. . . and . . .

Celina was #5 :(

Anybody tired of this talk? :devil:

piratebg
01-08-2008, 10:53 PM
Congrats to both teams for making the cut. Way to represent Texas High School Football :clap: :clap: :clap:

Does it really matter who is on top and who is on bottom? :D

Adidas410s
01-08-2008, 11:05 PM
OMG...they show a video clip of Liberty Hill throwing the ball. They must have that tape mis-labeled!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

BobcatBenny
01-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
OMG...they show a video clip of Liberty Hill throwing the ball. They must have that tape mis-labeled!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
I know! I laughed when I saw that.

LH Panther Mom
01-08-2008, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Well, crap! The secret is out. :devil: :devil:

FutureAD
01-09-2008, 12:13 AM
its pretty sweet that two teams from texas are in the top 5 and plus they are both 3A:clap:

Old Tiger
01-09-2008, 02:23 AM
There is no talk about it. LH owns Celina 'nuff said.

buff4life
01-09-2008, 03:08 AM
both LH and Celina would smash the number one team from the highlights they showed...

BobcatBenny
01-09-2008, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
both LH and Celina would smash the number one team from the highlights they showed...
I am betting that the Catholic school in Illinois has a bunch of solid athletes. Private schools in large population areas have a huge advantage, especially where there is a large gap in education quality.

Aesculus gilmus
01-09-2008, 08:31 AM
The narrator made up for repeatedly mispronouncing "Celina" by wrongly crediting them with EIGHT STRAIGHT state titles.

This will come as news from an alternate universe to those who witnessed Gilmer's 45-22 Area victory over the Bobcats in 2003, which is still the only time Celina has ever played Gilmer.

It is my understanding that Gilmer has tried to schedule another game with them, to no avail.

Runnin Panther
01-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Wow that was awesome. Congrats to Celina and Liberty Hill, way to represent. Thanks Benny for posting the link.

BobcatBenny
01-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
The narrator made up for repeatedly mispronouncing "Celina" by wrongly crediting them with EIGHT STRAIGHT state titles.
. . .
It is my understanding that Gilmer has tried to schedule another game with them, to no avail.
Well, he obviously was reading from a script and read "8 state titles" as "eight straight titles". I heard that the first time around too. :doh:

And . . . you are trying to convince anyone that Gilmer wanted to give up their games against Tatum or Daingerfield to play Celina in 2006 or 2007?

Nice try, but what a joke. :clap:

Which of those two games would you in your infinite wisdom replace on Gilmer's schedule?

Now there would have been a much greater possibility to in 2004 and 2005 with three available slots for both teams. But since Little Elm, a large 3A on the way to 4A had been scheuling Celina there really were only two slots available.

Gilmer would not have been able to schedule Paris or Pleasant Grove. Celina would of given up 3A Nevada Community or 3A Pottsboro (a former district opponent). So realistically there would have been only one week for Gilmer and Celina to match up and Gilmer would have to remove 4A Paris and replaced them with 2A Celina.

Now I have little doubt that Gilmer and Celina would have inquired as to each other's schedules, but realistically are you asserting that Celina was ducking Gilmer?

Are you talking about 2008 and 2009 scheduling? Has anyone been able to set their schedules? I'm sure everyone is feeling everyone else out, but what is Gilmer's schedule looking like for 2008 and 2009?

I bet Robinson and Celina get first crack at week zero. I would bet that Celina would have to honor Robinson's desire to play in Bedford first. Any chance Gilmer wants to drive all the way to Bedford for a week 0 game?

Again, I appreciate your attempt to bust on Celina. It was feeble, but I enjoyed the attempt. :clap: :eek: :D

K-MAC Chuck
01-09-2008, 10:18 AM
That's awesome...

Congrats to both programs!

BTW, Go Blue..I want to see your file of monthly features...lol

pirate4state
01-09-2008, 10:58 AM
That's pretty cool!! :clap:

It was pretty hard to listen to though - that guy was a joke!

Aesculus gilmus
01-09-2008, 11:33 AM
It was before the 2005 season, IIRC, that the attempt to schedule Celina fell through.

I am pretty sure Royse City is going to be on the schedule this year, although nothing is official.

I am not as much of a Gilmer homer as you might think. I will not defend the actions of the program at all cost. Most of the program's actions are commendable, however, and I commend them.

Panther One
01-09-2008, 01:09 PM
That's pretty cool. And in regards to that pass, the kid that caught it has four career receptions over three years...all for touchdowns. '05 vs Needville, '06 vs Cuero and Sweeny, '07 vs Pleasanton.

In regards to scheduling, I wouldn't mind seeing Celina and Gilmer play a tougher non-district schedule. I don't even know how you guys get those lesser teams to play you. We can't even get the 4A state champ to play us. The word is that we tried to get Lake Travis on the schedule for the next two years, but supposedly it's against their policy to schedule 3A teams...or maybe that's 3A teams that run the slot-T, since I've heard they've inquired to Wimberley about a game.

BobcatBenny
01-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
That's pretty cool. . . .
In regards to scheduling, I wouldn't mind seeing Celina and Gilmer play a tougher non-district schedule. I don't even know how you guys get those lesser teams to play you. We can't even get the 4A state champ to play us. . . .
It is cool.

Liberty Hill is going to have a difficult time floating to the top of many teams game list. :D

It will also be interesting to see if Celina ends up in an eight team district. This only leaves three scheduling slots and traditionally Celina plays in the FCA Kick-off classic in Bedford. I wonder if Celina will be invited back this year? :)

It probably would help Liberty Hill schedule games if they get more than 4 district opponents.

big daddy russ
01-09-2008, 03:17 PM
I guess the HC for Buford High (GA) was tired of being typecast as a dumb blonde.

BobcatBenny
01-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I guess the HC for Buford High (GA) was tired of being typecast as a dumb blonde.
Your right and now the coach won't go the game at Texas Stadium. :clap: