PDA

View Full Version : I couldn't believe it when I heard it

VWG
01-26-2004, 07:30 AM
I heard this last week and it surprised me.
Graham's football, volleyball, and currently basketball teams have all gone undefeated in district this year.
Football team went undefeated in dist. and lost in 2OT to Abilene Wylie in bi-district.
Volleyball went undefeated and lost to Denver City in Region I final four tournament in Lubbock.
Both girls and boys BB teams are currently undefeated in dist. play.
That's quite an accomplishment so far, but I doubt if it can last throughout the school year.

Anyone else out there having this kind of luck on both the boys and girls side?

CatWoman
01-26-2004, 09:17 AM
Is there a chance Graham girls will play Ballinger girls for bi-district in basketball?

Phil C
01-26-2004, 09:40 AM
I am not familiar with that area but it sounds like you got a fantastic sports program out there.

vet93
01-26-2004, 09:42 AM
Catwoman...it would be unlikely for Graham and Ballinger to play in Bidistrict if they both keep their present course of action. Ballinger would be the champion of 6-3a and Graham would be the champion of 5-3a. However, if either team stumbles...then it could be possible.

CatWoman
01-26-2004, 09:55 AM
Oh yeah, 1st place team would play runner-up, correct?

vet93
01-26-2004, 10:19 AM
Correct!

CatWoman:
Oh yeah, 1st place team would play runner-up, correct?

wildstangs
01-26-2004, 09:58 PM
Actually I believe the first place team gets a bye. The second and third place teams play in round one.

VWG
01-26-2004, 10:03 PM
wildstangs:
Actually I believe the first place team gets a bye. The second and third place teams play in round one.You're right. First place teams in basketball usually get a bye in the first round.
Now, Vernon and Ballinger in the first round of girls BB could be a very good matchup if Vernon comes in 2nd place in 5-3A. This would match them up in the second round against Ballinger.

Old Tiger
01-26-2004, 10:06 PM
That is very impressive

vet93
01-27-2004, 09:51 AM
Sorry guys for the mistake....you can tell what a basketball guru I am. I forgot about three teams out.

VWG:

wildstangs:
Actually I believe the first place team gets a bye. The second and third place teams play in round one.You're right. First place teams in basketball usually get a bye in the first round.
Now, Vernon and Ballinger in the first round of girls BB could be a very good matchup if Vernon comes in 2nd place in 5-3A. This would match them up in the second round against Ballinger.