PDA

View Full Version : Tony Romo + Jessice Simpson = TONICA

piratebg
01-08-2008, 05:05 PM
The nicknames these guys come up with. :rolleyes:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=theweekthatwillbeboysbei&prov=tsn&type=lgns

The week that will be: 'Boys being boys
By Steve Greenberg - SportingNews

Steve Greenberg
SportingNews.com

By their fruits -- or at least their cahoots -- ye shall know them as Tonica.

Tonica, as in Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson. As in a way more scrutinized, if slightly less beautiful, couple than Tom Brady and Gisele What's-her-face. Sportslywood's "it" couple, matter of fact.

As in the single organism that threatens to devour the Super Bowl dreams of the Dallas Cowboys. Perhaps you've heard that Romo and Simpson -- with others, including Cowboys tight end Jason Witten -- were in Mexico over the weekend devouring flautas and taquitos, if not Giants game tape.

If you're a Cowboys fan, that means you'll be subjected all week to deathly serious speculation that Tonica's powers of distraction are too potent for the quarterback to keep a grip on the task at hand. Which happens to be beating the chorizo out of said Giants, who head to Big D sporting a natty 8-1 road record.

That one loss came in Dallas in the season opener, before Romo had been linked to the desirous divorcee. Since then, gossip-mongering yentas, some of them in cowboy hats, have hit the airwaves and the blogosphere to forge a link between Tonica and any imperfection on the part of the 13-3 Cowboys.

The strains of angst rose up at Thanksgiving, New Year's Eve and now this week -- not to mention after every errant Romo throw -- and resuscitated talk that Romo fumbled away last year's playoff game in Seattle because then-girlfriend Carrie Underwood was in the house.

Even teammate Terrell Owens got in on the act after the Cowboys' loss to the Eagles last month -- a game attended by Simpson that was, incidentally, the worst statistical game of Romo's career. "Right now, Jessica Simpson is not a fan favorite in this locker room," Owens joked with reporters. "I think a lot of people feel like she's probably taking his focus away."

All of which crosses the border into the realm of loco. Simpson is a babe, but an arm-weakening huddle-wrecker? I really doubt it. Maybe Troy Aikman or Roger Staubach wouldn't have mellowed in Margaritaville at playoff time, but Romo isn't Aikman or Staubach. He's more the fun-loving type, and he plays best when he's feeling loose and, uh, frisky.

No matter: Tonica is a pseudo-scandal with legs that just won't quit. Que sera, sera.

King_LeYoeNidas
01-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Stupid.

If he was dating Katy from down the road and taking her on vacation this would be a non issue.

I can't wait until Sunday when the Cowboys rape Eli and the Giants to shut everyone up.

piratebg
01-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
Stupid.

If he was dating Katy from down the road and taking her on vacation this would be a non issue.

They'd call them KOMO, TOMKAT or something stupid like that.

crzyjournalist03
01-08-2008, 05:28 PM
IMO, the word "rape" should never be used for a sports-related term...it's just a bad term.

King_LeYoeNidas
01-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
IMO, the word "rape" should never be used for a sports-related term...it's just a bad term.

My bad. I hope the Cowboys beat Eli and the Giants like Rodney King.

eagles_victory
01-08-2008, 06:18 PM
IMO, the word "rape" should never be used for a sports-related term...it's just a bad term. i dont mind the term its no worse then saying team a "got killed" by team b

crzyjournalist03
01-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
i dont mind the term its no worse then saying team a "got killed" by team b

quite different.

"killed" is far less vicious than "murdered", and I put "rape" right up there with "murdered"

King_LeYoeNidas
01-08-2008, 06:28 PM
hard to be PC all the time. That's how I have to be at work. Anyway.....if team a "kills" team b, team b didn't die of natural causes. that would be murder.

JHS_c/o_06'
01-08-2008, 07:39 PM
My bad. I hope the Cowboys beat Eli and the Giants like Rodney King.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

JasperDog94
01-08-2008, 07:47 PM
My bad. I hope the Cowboys beat Eli and the Giants like Rodney King. I laughed so hard my wife (in another room) asked me what was so funny.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

zebrablue2
01-08-2008, 08:22 PM

agreed. does not belong on this board.