PDA

View Full Version : Another possible NCAA plaoff proposal.

Sweetwater Red
01-08-2008, 11:22 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3186232

Sweetwater Red
01-08-2008, 11:27 AM
I hate when I have a typo in a thread title.:mad: :doh:

crzyjournalist03
01-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

it's been less than fifteen minutes...you should be able to edit it.

Phil C
01-08-2008, 11:29 AM
This would be a great start and much better than what we have now. But we still need to eventually get to the top 16 teams like the other divisions and have a real playoff system.

But this is a great start! Go Georgia!

Phil C
01-08-2008, 11:31 AM

No problem. We knew what you meant. The main thing is to get timely information. Thank you for getting the information to us.

Sweetwater Red
01-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
it's been less than fifteen minutes...you should be able to edit it.

Duh! I didn't realize that I could do that.:doh: :nerd:

Adidas410s
01-08-2008, 11:34 AM
I have long been in favor of a playoff system. However, one thought that recently occured to me is that students from these schools wouldn't be able to afford the travel to 2 or 3 rounds of playoff games. It's a big enough expense to go to 1 game...let alone 3. If it ran into the first week or two of the spring semester...then it would be even worse. Do it for the kids... ;)

NastySlot
01-08-2008, 11:42 AM
there is no really good solution......a panel to select eight teams...who will be on this panel and who will influence athem on who they select...there will still be teams left out.............my proposal..........only teams that win their conference championship games should be eligible for the national title (how can you be national champs if you can't even win you conference)....so the PAC 10 or Big 10 will need to get title games or they could play each other while other conferences are playing theirs(might make rose bowl officials happy)..........no at large teams...you win your conference you make the playoffs....don't need no watered down high school/nfl version. big flaw with my system a team could lose all their non-conference games and win conference title so a 9-3 team could be national champs......but then again this would allow big time match ups in non-conference and a loss wouldn't affect chances of playing for title. all those other teams that don't make the playoffs can go to the bowls...still a reward...cities don't lose money...programs get the extra practice time and player get their ipods and wii's

NastySlot
01-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I have long been in favor of a playoff system. However, one thought that recently occured to me is that students from these schools wouldn't be able to afford the travel to 2 or 3 rounds of playoff games. It's a big enough expense to go to 1 game...let alone 3. If it ran into the first week or two of the spring semester...then it would be even worse. Do it for the kids... ;)

students will find away to attend...it's not like they are getting many tickets to the games now........if you have playoffs maybe first round games could be played at higher seeds stadium.

Adidas410s
01-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
students will find away to attend...it's not like they are getting many tickets to the games now........if you have playoffs maybe first round games could be played at higher seeds stadium.
I had a similar proposal last year for a 24-team playoff that had the first 2 rounds played at the higher seeds stadium. I'll have to pull that out and modify for this year when I get the chance.

crzyjournalist03
01-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Duh! I didn't realize that I could do that.:doh: :nerd:

hmm...weird...it didn't change the thread title when you edited it...it usually works for me!

Sweetwater Red
01-08-2008, 02:15 PM
hmm...weird...it didn't change the thread title when you edited it...it usually works for me!

Yeah, It only changed in my original post.:(

Emerson1
01-08-2008, 04:41 PM
You can't change it after a certain time, I'm not sure it's a certain number of views of if replies are made.