PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new vice

CenTexSports
01-08-2008, 09:06 AM
I am 53 years old and I have decided that I need a new vice (bad habit). I have never smoked, don't drink, have never been to a bachelor party or topless bar. I do cuss ocassionally, beat my wife (j/k RM) and play way, way too much golf.

If you have a suggestion then leave it here as I would be interested in knowing what kind of depravity is out there.

Ranger Mom
01-08-2008, 09:45 AM
American Idol will be starting in the next couple of weeks!!:D

champyun
01-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Try poker. I'm 47 and I believe I've found my vice with this game.

crzyjournalist03
01-08-2008, 09:48 AM
buy yourself a video game system...an XBox 360 or a PS3 would be good. A Wii would be excellent if you're interested in at least getting a little bit of exercise while playing every now and then.

Ranger Mom
01-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
buy yourself a video game system...an XBox 360 or a PS3 would be good. A Wii would be excellent if you're interested in at least getting a little bit of exercise while playing every now and then.

I finally sat down and played Rock Band last night, I don't like it near as much as Guitar Hero!!

Those drums are HARD!!!!!

I do not have good hand/foot coordination!

Sweetwater Red
01-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

I just bought a PS3 "for my son". Now I can't wait to get off work
nowadays.:thinking: :D

3afan
01-08-2008, 10:14 AM
buy a guitar .... you'll get 'hooked'

Sweetwater Red
01-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
buy a guitar .... you'll get 'hooked'

I've tried that and drums. I just have no musical ability whatsoever.:(

pirate4state
01-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by champyun
Try poker. I'm 47 and I believe I've found my vice with this game. Agreed. If you can find a "friendly" card game with some friends, or even strangers :D it can be loads of fun!

Old Green
01-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Buy a motorcycle and tour the different towns of the Downlow. I did a tour of Region 1 towns a couple years ago and took pictures of points of interest in each one.

Adidas410s
01-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I finally sat down and played Rock Band last night, I don't like it near as much as Guitar Hero!!

Those drums are HARD!!!!!

I do not have good hand/foot coordination!
I love Rock Band...especially once I was able to master the drums! :)

Adidas410s
01-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
Buy a motorcycle and tour the different towns of the Downlow. I did a tour of Region 1 towns a couple years ago and took pictures of points of interest in each one.
unfortunately...there was nothing interesting in Snyder...:devil: :devil: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
01-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
unfortunately...there was nothing interesting in Snyder...:devil: :devil: :devil:

Yep. A big white buffalo and a dirt field. That's about it.:thinking: :devil:

CenTexSports
01-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Good suggestions so far but:

1) I have ZERO musical ability. I can't even stomp my foot in time.
2) I am scared of motorcycles. I know too many people that have been crippled and killed on them.

Poker sounds good. Maybe I can get my wife to get a job and support my poker playing.

Aren't there any middle aged lonely widows without kids out there?

I wish there was a racquetball court around here. I used to play alot and it was good exercise but the closest one is over 40 miles away.

Old Green
01-08-2008, 10:51 AM
unfortunately...there was nothing interesting in Snyder...:devil: :devil: :devil: Well, you might be right. I didn't take any pictures in Snyder, but a nice town.:)

crzyjournalist03
01-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports

I've heard of some websites out there that have that info, but I can't post links on here without getting banned. :devil:

Adidas410s
01-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Good suggestions so far but:

1) I have ZERO musical ability. I can't even stomp my foot in time.
2) I am scared of motorcycles. I know too many people that have been crippled and killed on them.

Poker sounds good. Maybe I can get my wife to get a job and support my poker playing.

I wish there was a racquetball court around here. I used to play alot and it was good exercise but the closest one is over 40 miles away.
As much as I enjoy poker...it doesn't promote any healthy activities. Personally, I would wait for the "poker boom" to slow down over the next few years before venturing into the game. That will rid the game of the "heros and wannabes" that are all too prevelant in many card rooms. That's what drove me away...

Since you live in the Hill Country...why not get into bike riding??? Great scenery and great exercise...and pretty safe too! Get REALLY into it and you can start going on tour rides (MS 150's, TRIRI in Indiana, etc) around the country.

DU_stud04
01-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
buy a guitar .... you'll get 'hooked' http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/mexmustangs04/holding-a-guitar-is-like-turning-2.png

Ranger Mom
01-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/mexmustangs04/holding-a-guitar-is-like-turning-2.png

I don't get this......UNLESS the fact that her clothes turned "flesh colored" meant that it is, in fact, working!!;)

GreenMonster
01-08-2008, 12:03 PM
All they need is a red condom RM.

RMAC
01-08-2008, 01:10 PM
As much as I enjoy poker...it doesn't promote any healthy activities. Personally, I would wait for the "poker boom" to slow down over the next few years before venturing into the game. That will rid the game of the "heros and wannabes" that are all too prevelant in many card rooms. That's what drove me away...

Since you live in the Hill Country...why not get into bike riding??? Great scenery and great exercise...and pretty safe too! Get REALLY into it and you can start going on tour rides (MS 150's, TRIRI in Indiana, etc) around the country.

Our dad has always told me and Ad, "Guys, if it weren't for bikes, I would have conquered the world by now, but I just spend too much time with these." He's been doing the bike stuff for a long time. There's even forums like the downlow out there, but they're about bikes. And if you really think about it, a bike is probably the most efficient machine ever invented. Think about the amount of work you put in and how much work you get back; it's really quite impressive.

Sweetwater Red
01-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Our dad has always told me and Ad, "Guys, if it weren't for bikes, I would have conquered the world by now, but I just spend too much time with these." He's been doing the bike stuff for a long time. There's even forums like the downlow out there, but they're about bikes. And if you really think about it, a bike is probably the most efficient machine ever invented. Think about the amount of work you put in and how much work you get back; it's really quite impressive.

Lance Armstrong conquered France. Maybe your dad can
shoot for that. Come to think of it, who hasn't conquered France?:thinking: :D

Hill Man
01-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
American Idol will be starting in the next couple of weeks!!:D

that’s not a vice...that’s an abomination

Old Tiger
01-08-2008, 02:27 PM
just become a homicidal maniac

iknoweverything
01-08-2008, 02:28 PM
please play poker online adn tell all of your friends or any o ther old guys you know to also play.

Daddy D 11
01-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
just become a homicidal maniac :clap:

DaHop72
01-08-2008, 02:57 PM
unfortunately...there was nothing interesting in Snyder...:devil: :devil: :devil: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

DaHop72
01-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Yep. A big white buffalo and a dirt field. That's about it.:thinking: :devil: And so you don't feel left out. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Ranger Mom
01-08-2008, 03:14 PM

How can you say that?? That's where DaHop is!!!:D

CenTexSports
01-08-2008, 03:18 PM
I don't think a homicidal maniac is a good choice but maybe a stalker. How far is it to Midland?

Old Tiger
01-08-2008, 03:31 PM
I don't think a homicidal maniac is a good choice but maybe a stalker. How far is it to Midland? it's not how far midland is but how fast can you get there. lol

Smoke some sticky icky with your boy Rick James.

DU_stud04
01-08-2008, 03:41 PM
get on the show "the price is right" get up and run around after EVERY name that is called. insist your name is "insert name here". bring a sharpie and construction paper to make your own tags.

if your name is called, trip and dont get up for atleast 10 minutes.

once you finally get up to the guessing podium, keep calling drew bob. keep insisting his name is bob.

put down your phone number as one of your guesses, tell the females of america to call you for a good time.

repeat the above step

if someone bets a dollar, tell them how stupid they are and then bet .50. then say thats your final answer. ask for a lifeline.

if you do win the guessing game they do, then proceed up screaming hallelujah. fall again, maybe even wet yourself.

start stripping halfway through the show..... especially if you somehow hit a dollar on the spin off.... take off your shirt and run around like you scored a goal in the world cup. find anything you can and spike it. then proceed to get the crowd to do the wave.

steal drews glasses and put them on. imitation is the best form of flattery i hear.

dress up like mimi...from the drew carey show
http://9thlife.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/bobeck_mimi2.jpg

if you some how make it to the showcase showdown, and a car is in it, run and lock your self inside of said car. refuse to get out.

possibly fake a sleeping disorder and fall asleep, dont wake up for anything.

if you win a game, celebration is a must, none of that win like you've won before bs, the worm is a favorite as well is the above stated celebrations.

repeat steps for next game show.

crzyjournalist03
01-08-2008, 04:18 PM
wow...I think DU is on to something...

nobogey72
01-08-2008, 06:02 PM
I am 53 years old and I have decided that I need a new vice (bad habit). I have never smoked, don't drink, have never been to a bachelor party or topless bar. I do cuss ocassionally, beat my wife (j/k RM) and play way, way too much golf.

If you have a suggestion then leave it here as I would be interested in knowing what kind of depravity is out there.

First of all, it is impossible to play too much golf. :cool: I think that what you should do to get out of this rut is PLAY MORE GOLF.
Buy a cart cover and a Big Cat propane heater to go in the cup holder and play when it's cold. The only time I don't play is when it hails. I used to play even during a hailstorm but one time it chipped my front tooth.

sahen
01-08-2008, 06:08 PM
ha...when i read this thread title i was thinking he needed a new vice for his workshop....i saw it was 3 pages and was thinking dang what could be so interesting about a vice to go on for 3 pages....

CenTexSports
01-08-2008, 06:37 PM
During the summer I play 18 after work every Tuesday and Thursday. I play 18 every Saturday morning, 18 every Saturday afternoon, 18 every sunday morning and 18 every Sunday afternoon. Sometimes we play an extra 9 on Sat or Sun during daylight savings time. During the summer I play at least 6 rounds a week.

My cart has a cover and I have a heater. I played Sunday with 35 mph winds and it has only been 16 days since I had hernia surgery.

It would be hard to play more golf and keep my job.

I used to play softball instead but after I turned 45 I stopped that except 3 years ago when I played a season with my youngest son's team. One year the group I played ball with played 135 games and that was in Kansas City where you could not start until April (except for the snow tournanent we played one January).