PDA

View Full Version : Child Abandonment

IHStangFan
01-08-2008, 12:51 AM
just saw on the news a woman in Houston left her SIX kids at home while she went to Nigeria to marry a man she met on the internet. :eek: :eek: What the hell is wrong w/ people?!

Some people just shouldn't have children. I'm not all for gov. regulation on who can procreate, but geezus....there should be a test or something! LOL.

IHStangFan
01-08-2008, 12:56 AM
something else I just thought of....why is it that its so hard to ADOPT a child, background checks, in home inspections/visits by a social worker...yet...ANYONE can just...have a child? I mean..I understand the logistics of it, you can't just STOP people from...well..ya know...but seriously! Maybe we should take a note from the pages of the Chinese. If I'm not mistaken the gov. regulates how many kids a family can have. Am I accurate in this thinking?

That is all...I'm done ranting on horrible parenting skills of people today.

CHSfan
01-08-2008, 01:12 AM
i think that in some cases the government saying you can or cant have kids is a good thing cuz i look at it this way...if u can barely take care of yourself or cant take care of yourself then how the heck are you gonna take care of yourself and a baby!? and then if the parent cant take care of the kid it gets put in foster care or up for adoption...some people can have as many kids as they want to just as long as they can take good care of them! but if you cant.. then why have kids..????? now that thats out!..

Blastoderm55
01-08-2008, 09:13 AM
If you need a license to drive and to wed, you should need a license to procreate. Its effects can be just as devastating.

pirate4state
01-08-2008, 10:51 AM
No kidding!

This is really just sad. What makes it even worse is you have people out there that want children and can provide for them and can't have them and when they finally accept that they won't be able to have any of their own, decide they want to adopt and have to go through all this red tape and screening processes to even get on a list to be considered as adoptive parents. I understand WHY all that needs to happen, it just sucks!

Okay, off MY soap box.

crzyjournalist03
01-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
No kidding!

This is really just sad. What makes it even worse is you have people out there that want children and can provide for them and can't have them and when they finally accept that they won't be able to have any of their own, decide they want to adopt and have to go through all this red tape and screening processes to even get on a list to be considered as adoptive parents. I understand WHY all that needs to happen, it just sucks!

Okay, off MY soap box.

I have a friend who adopted a child in Georgia three years ago, but now that he lives in Texas is having all kinds of problems getting a second child. Apparently, states don't "share" information and have completely different procedures for adoption...they've been taking classes for almost a year only to find out that the classes expire after one year, so they're going to have to take most classes for a THIRD time to adopt their second child.