PDA

View Full Version : Blowouts stink

Daddy D 11
01-07-2008, 02:21 PM
had one friday night on a country road while making a fairly sharp left turn, spun out three times and rolled my truck:bigcry: :weeping: :helpme:

just barely missed totalling my truck.

Ranger Mom
01-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
had one friday night on a country road while making a fairly sharp left turn, spun out three times and rolled my truck:bigcry: :weeping: :helpme:

just barely missed totally my truck.

OMG!! For real???

I am glad you are here to talk about it!!

District303aPastPlayer
01-07-2008, 02:24 PM
glad you are ok... but who thought this thread was going to be about the Tulsa game?

Daddy D 11
01-07-2008, 02:24 PM
yes i know, god definitly was on my side. if there wouldnt have been a cluster of average sized cedar trees to "break" my momentum i would have slammed into a giant oak tree and probably not be here

piratebg
01-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Glad you made it. Blowouts are scary things.

Daddy D 11
01-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Glad you made it. Blowouts are scary things.

specially on a skiny, winding hill country road:eek:

piratebg
01-07-2008, 02:33 PM
specially on a skiny, winding hill country road:eek:

My brother-in-law had one at the base of an overpass with a very tiny shoulder at about 6pm on a Friday night. I had to drive half an hour because he was 1)scared to get hit and 2) didn't know how to change a flat. I had to call the police for traffic control. The blowout actually occurred before the overpass, but he decided he would try to go over. Dumb butt.

LH Panther Mom
01-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Wow! :eek: Sucks for your truck, but it can be repaired/replaced...you can't. I'm glad you're okay! :)

Daddy D 11
01-07-2008, 02:35 PM
wow that sounds scary, yeah changing the tire was a little tricky because i have 20 inch rims on my truck with perelli racing tires. yet my spare was a 18 inch rim and a off road tire?:confused: dont ask me how that happened or worked out, but it did.

Daddy D 11
01-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Wow! :eek: Sucks for your truck, but it can be repaired/replaced...you can't. I'm glad you're okay! :)

why thank you, and luckily i will have it back whenever it gets out, probably 3 weeks:(

CenTexSports
01-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Move out of the hill country to Midland and the roads will be less curvey (unlike the Midland women). Right RM?

Ranger Mom
01-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Move out of the hill country to Midland and the roads will be less curvey (unlike the Midland women). Right RM?

LOL!! I can't answer (or won't answer) for the women, but the roads are pretty straight and level!!:p

My oldest son had a blowout yesterday in between Monahans and Odessa.....on the straight flat interstate. He just messed up his fender a little bit.

Daddy D 11
01-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! I can't answer (or won't answer) for the women, but the roads are pretty straight and level!!:p

My oldest son had a blowout yesterday in between Monahans and Odessa.....on the straight flat interstate. He just messed up his fender a little bit.

a flat interstate would have been a little less dangerous. but then again, there is more traffic:eek: :(

either way, we should be thankful we are both ok

Ranger Mom
01-07-2008, 02:49 PM
a flat interstate would have been a little less dangerous. but then again, there is more traffic:eek: :(

LOL!! You haven't traveled much between Odessa and Monahans....have you??:p :p

Daddy D 11
01-07-2008, 02:50 PM
oh i know haha i was just saying that other interstates that i would be on around central texas.

odessa interstates probably would be that crowded..

navscanmaster
01-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Funny....when I saw your screen name starting a thread that says "blowouts stink" I was thinking to myself, gee, he must have had a boring year sitting in Liberty Hill's stands.:)

Aesculus gilmus
01-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Funny....when I saw your screen name starting a thread that says "blowouts stink" I was thinking to myself, gee, he must have had a boring year sitting in Liberty Hill's stands.:)

This is why I rarely attend Gilmer regular season games. It is not necessarily the coach's fault that we play patsies 90 percent of the time. The districts we have been placed in are VERY weak.

The non-district schedule could be a lot tougher, but the excuse given is that no one will agree to play us. Rumor has it that Celina flatly refused to play Gilmer a couple of years ago. Hard to believe considering how stuck on themselves many of the Celina backers are.

Daddy D 11
01-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Rumor has it that Celina flatly refused to play Gilmer a couple of years ago. Hard to believe considering how stuck on themselves many of the Celina backers are.

:eek: oh no.....